Not open for further replies.

Atomic6

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
i have been buying my goodnights on ebay but when i go into walmart i see lots of good deals and i.really want to buy some there i just cant get the corrage to ughhhhh

bn3baby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Atomic6 you just go and do it and keep in mind that you are picking them up for someone else. Don't think that they are for you but someone else it's called brain washing 101.

Scaramouche

Lover of Life, Singer of Songs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
^^Exactly. If I was the clerk or another customer in line behind you I would assume it's for your own child or for a cousin/nephew/little brother. Also, Wal-Mart and other stores have self check out.

S

Speck

You don't get the courage first, you get that after you overcome the fear of buying them...

slugboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
You don't get the courage first, you get that after you overcome the fear of buying them...

very true, I am still also working up the courage to buy from a store I am just very lucky that I have a very understanding girlfriend who is very helpful in buying them from stores. Good luck tho and hope you get the courage to be able to buy them.

S

Speck

very true, I am still also working up the courage to buy from a store I am just very lucky that I have a very understanding girlfriend who is very helpful in buying them from stores. Good luck tho and hope you get the courage to be able to buy them.

A more accurate quote: "Fear is not real. The only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is a product of our imagination, causing us to fear things that do not at present and may not ever exist. That is near insanity. Do not misunderstand me, danger is very real, but fear is a choice."

P

PyjamaBaby

Before I had kids I was petrified of buying diapers. Once I'd had kids, I realized how common place and every day it is. No more embarrassment here.

Just remember how many thousands of people buy them everyday. You are no different. Nobody will question it or even think about it

ClandestineWing

Gomamon Supreme(ly diapered)
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
*Courage* comes with experience. Just go in there and wing it, and think nothing of it. I used to work at a Babies 'R Us, and never have I stopped and thought to myself "Why is that guest buying diapers?" Unless you spazz out when you're the slightest bit nervous like a character on a Dan Schneider show, you'll be fine.

EPO1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
well look at it like this:
you're 22 - and you're buying goodnites that are supposed to be for 8-15(?) year old ones...
so honestly, I doubt that anyone at a store would think they're for you.

Also cashiers don't give a damn about the stuff you buy... they're hard working folks who see thousands of goods and customers each day, and I don't think they will care about a single off-the-shelf Item...
Buy your other groceries along... and it shouldn't make anyone raise an eyebrow.

Consider this, any type of bedwetting, incontinence, etc. product is made because people need them.

The "problem" is all just in your head.

Afterall you're buying pull-ups or diapers and not components to make a bomb ;)

Fingon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
you need more DGAF in your life. This is one of those cases where DGAF as an ethical value is a good thing

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
You just have to do it. Buying diapers gets easier the more you do it. I have been working retail my whole adult life and can guarantee the clerks don't care. Diapers are just one of dozens of potentially "embarrassing" items they sell all day long, every day.

bn3baby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
i have been buying my goodnights on ebay but when i go into walmart i see lots of good deals and i.really want to buy some there i just cant get the corrage to ughhhhh

So how did you make out? Get what you want?

Littledaimon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I used to be scared, probably more than anyone but once you do it, it becomes easier every time you buy. Don't think about it, just buy them and soon you'll be buying without any kind of fear.
Nobody cares, nobody will think they're for you, besides the reward is awesome :eek:

GoodnitesBoy92

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Honestly, it's kind of fun buying diapers at the store! No, the clerk doesn't know why you're buying GoodNites. Just get up there and do it! If you really want I play or cool then buy them along with your other groceries for the week. No one will be the wiser.

lancedriver42

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Buying them was the first big step for me. My first time I went to a self checkout at our local Meijer (US grocery chain), that way it made it less awkward. However since then, i have bought directly from a cashier. You just have to remember they are usually not allowed to ask questions about your purchases no matter what, they really don't care what you are buying, and most likely assume they are for a family member. If you are concerned about running into someone you know while buying diapers, i'd recommend going late at night (if it is a 24 hr store), or go to a store farther away from your home. And like others said, the more you buy, the easier it gets.

jsherwood

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent

Goodnitghts? Please any one young and old can buy them. Adult Diapers buying is scarier.

BenzyD

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
You just have take a deep breath and go for it. As they say, the first IS the worst, and afterwords it gets easier and easier. When I started buying in stores, I would always only actually make the purchase if the cashier was a middle aged to old woman. You just have to find a groove for buying.

cgh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Does the store have self-service checkouts (really common in the UK now, not sure about USA)?

Status
Not open for further replies.