How to explain to my s/o that I like diapers?

sseashores

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I’ve been thinking lately of how much I want him to diaper me. Not in a sexual way at all (nothing wrong with it, just not for me). Changings specifically just seem super sweet and intimate. Just imagining him checking to see if I’m wet. How should I go about telling him? And how long into the relationship should I wait?

I am not sure how you will do it. But I think that guys have less trouble seeing this in their girls than vice versa.

• Love
Reactions: ARBBB2 and sseashores
sseashores said:
How should I go about telling him? And how long into the relationship should I wait?

The how long part is subjective. I decided that I was not going to play games nor, hide who I am to a potential partner and told my wife very early in our dating, if not our first date, though I cannot recall now.

The how to tell part is simple and is often difficult for most. Be confident and do not bring up as though it is wrong or as though something about you is defective. All you have to do is state that you have a kink, fetish, or desire in which you would like him to engage and matter of factly explain it.

He may or may not accept it and likewise may or may not be willing to participate. Regardless, you will no longer have this secret between you.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Peesalot, neophyte, ARBBB2 and 1 other person
Khaymen said:
The how long part is subjective. I decided that I was not going to play games nor, hide who I am to a potential partner and told my wife very early in our dating, if not our first date, though I cannot recall now.

The how to tell part is simple and is often difficult for most. Be confident and do not bring up as though it is wrong or as though something about you is defective. All you have to do is state that you have a kink, fetish, or desire in which you would like him to engage and matter of factly explain it.

He may or may not accept it and likewise may or may not be willing to participate. Regardless, you will no longer have this secret between you.
I agree about being confident, it brings out the little girl that he will love!

Suggest starting with the Dream A Little podcast. You’ll have your answers all there from a female perspective as well. Good luck.

@Khaymen said it well!

I'll add that you may want to introduce it slow and not babble on and on, I made the mistake of blurting everything out all at once and it overwhelmed my wife A LOT.

Reactions: sseashores and Subtlerustle
neophyte said:
@Khaymen said it well!

I'll add that you may want to introduce it slow and not babble on and on, I made the mistake of blurting everything out all at once and it overwhelmed my wife A LOT.
Oh yeah. Been there, had the blurt. One day I will publish a “how not to” essay. Smfh
I am very lucky to have recovered. A testament to my wife’s heart.

Last edited:
Reactions: sseashores and neophyte
I was 16 almost 17, my wife is a year and a half younger, we dated for 6 months and I told her, she used to diaper me on dates, diapered me at her house with her little sister's diapers, and would wear her sister's diapers to bed once in a while!

sseashores said:
I’ve been thinking lately of how much I want him to diaper me. Not in a sexual way at all (nothing wrong with it, just not for me). Changings specifically just seem super sweet and intimate. Just imagining him checking to see if I’m wet. How should I go about telling him? And how long into the relationship should I wait?

I told my wife several months after we started dating but before I proposed to her. For me, it was love at first sight but it wasn't that way for her. Talking about my desires was the hardest thing that I had ever done. I didn't want to lose her nor did I want to be hurt by the potential rejection. Fortunately, even though this was pre-internet days she had heard about infantilism. Ironic, isn't it. She had no desires towards this but had heard about it yet I was one but had never heard about it.

I was about to write the story but I'll save that for another day. Suffice it to say, that I am so grateful that I found the courage to be honest with her. Diapers still aren't her thing. Early on in our marriage, she tolerated them and even wore them occasionally for me. She is less tolerant now but I blame that on my ever changing mindset (splurge/purge cycle) and associated actions over the years rather than on her. As I've been bringing that under control her tolerance has increased.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck to you. If you believe that he is the one for you then you owe it to him and yourself to have an honest discussion with him. If he is tolerant, then do the right things to build on that tolerance rather than break it down.

-Ieyasu

Reactions: Subtlerustle and sseashores
I'm probably a bad example of what to do. My wife and I are older (75 & 63, respectively) and have been married 37 years. I've been into diapers for over 3 years. She knew I was going to be wearing them before I bought the first one. However, I over played the necessity of wearing after having the 1st bed wetting episode I've had in probably 15 years. I used it as an excuse to start wearing and went 24/7 two weeks later. It took until this past week for me to confess/tell her that since I started wearing diapers I've come to like peeing in them and wearing a wet diaper. She accepted this quite easily saying she didn't understand why I would enjoy wet diapers; but, she certainly loves me. I spent 3 years afraid of telling her when I could have had this conversation a long time ago and saved myself all that worry. Between telling her about my enjoyment of diaper wearing, diaper wetting, and wearing women's lace panties, the conversation was likely less than 2 minutes long. I got no judgements from her and she confirmed her love for me hasn't wavered (which I didn't expect it would).

Based on the above, if you are committed to a lifestyle of wearing diapers, I suggest you tell him much sooner rather than later. The way I approached it with my wife was to tell her I wanted to tell her a couple things I didn't expect her to understand as I don't understand them, either. With that said, I told her about the diapers and then the panties. And, yes, I don't understand why I like either; but, I do and that's good enough for me (and apparently for her). Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Reactions: sseashores
Telling your partner early on is important since you want to understand if there is an incompatability before getting too far onto the relationship. Of course that will depend on how important diaper wearing is to you. You will find that some DLs here have supportive partners and others deal with unsupportive partners. But one thing does seem to be apparent - the diaper interest generally will not go away regardless of how many times you will try to tuck it away.
As far as starting the discussion it seems to work when you ask about kinky / fantasy things that turn your partner on. Get your partner to open up about whatever is exciting and potentially taboo. If your partner starts to open up, then you are heading in the right direction. If your partner does not open up and appears uptight then you may want to take it very slow and it may take multiple coaxings to get your partner to open up. Once you get your partner to admit to some fantasies, then you can start to open up about yours. Since your partner has already opened up to some fantasies, then when you open up you are on a level playing field.
Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Reactions: Subtlerustle and sseashores
Back