How to deal with wearing em'

Note

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey all,

First post here... I'm looking for some advice.

I'm sure others have experienced the "I don't want to wear anymore" period and then got back into wearing a few months later... How do you manage? I keep swinging back and fourth.... wanting to wear diapers, then thinking what on earth am I doing, then wearing them again... I'd like to be more stable. It's particularly difficult when I have a wank (lol) then I don't want anything to do with them, a few hours later I'm in a diaper again. I think I need to accept this part of me more. How have you all managed?

Many thanks in advance.

Reactions: fleckothefennec, babybod95 and ChrisK

Hemix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Everytime thou hast doubts and feelest guilty, just... spank thy butt gently, caress thy padded belly, go for a walk and sit down in a rock or get the nappy closer to thy skin slowly and in a gentle way, relax and get thy comfortable moment all for thyself.

Once thou dost it, thou'lt think: erm... well... nevermind 😒

I hope that helps thee 🙄

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: fleckothefennec, littleph0enix, ChrisK and 1 other person

Note

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
lol

brut2333

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I absolutly love going potty in my diaper and have been wearing them now 24/7 for months. They are convenient to wear shopping etc. when a potty isn't available.
IF you are in public rule #1 NEVER mess in public, just wet , no one will know you are wetting yur diaper. What i did is just replaced my underwear with my diaper- NO undies!!!
You will get used to wearing them 24/7 it takes time but be consistent! ALWAYS use wipes and powder when you change, trust me you do not want diaper rash-stay clean.
In time if you put on underwear it will feel weird lol to wear them! be warned wearing 24/7 will get expensive as the prices keep going up so plan for that as well.
hope this helps. AND make a diaper bag with extra diapers,wipes, powder etc and always have it with you........just in case you need a change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Napincolove and DLmikey

Hemix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Maybe I went a bit too far or I was too graphic with the examples. Let me try again 🙄

Right now, thou still associatest wearing diapers with something obscure, with a lonely and unacceptable situation.

Perhaps it can help thee to associate them with positive things, and even starting to do what thou usually dost without them.

And if anytime thou dostn't want to wear, it's okay too, try not to be so harsh with thyself and think about what things thou couldst improve in thy life.

I wish thee the best, and btw, welcome aboard 🙂

Last edited:

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Hey welcome to ADISC! I have the same struggles!

It takes getting used to (the on/off) and it takes time to realize that this is a part of our lives and will likely never go away, even when you've been off diapers for a long time and think ABDL is stupid and what the hell was I doing... you still think about them everyday and eventually you want to be back in diapers.

It has taken me a couple years to experiment and figure out what works for me.

• I take a break when needed
  • I never let diapers get in the way of my social life or responsibilities
  • I do my best to not over spend $$
  • I do not incorporate private time/kinky with my diapers
  • I don't go overboard with ABDL or get too deep; I simply like wearing diapers and I like falling asleep with a pacifier.

• Love
Reactions: littleph0enix, Donfidaze and brut2333

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm now 24/7 and have the most fantastic wanks, straight away after cleaning up I re-nappy myself even when not in the mood and another hour later my horniness has recharged.

Reactions: ChrisK

DLmikey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have been struggling all my life with exactly this and have been through so many ‘binge and purge’ cycles over the years. I initially joined ADISC around 2015/16 in an effort to try and come to terms with it, but I didn’t engage very much on the forum and I lapsed back into my usual love/loathe routine.

I find my desire/need to wear comes and goes. I had a major purge around February this year when I felt so disappointed and disgusted with myself I literally threw everything away, all of my nappies, bed pad, plastic pants, wipes - everything. By around May I needed to wear again and had to buy everything again.

I find I usually have very little desire to wear in the Summer, so after a couple of occasions in nappies in May, and I think probably a single afternoon around July I didn’t need nappies at all. But for some reason towards the end of October I experienced an overwhelming need to wear and use again, and knowing this would almost certainly be another serious binge followed by another destructive purge, I decided to reach out to ADISC and engage. I decided that where possible I would wear and use my nappies for a longer period and during the daytimes too (I had previously nearly always worn overnight) and share my experiences on ADISC. The responses and encouragement have I received helped enormously, and when the binge ended, as they inevitably do for me, the support I had been given gave me more confidence in accepting who I am, and rather than purging this time I actually ordered a new supply of nappies.

As I mentioned, I don’t know why but wearing for longer periods of time has helped me, and I am planning a long and relaxing weekend in nappies from Thursday this week. I’m also finding that I can take a break without so much stress too, so I am learning to accept myself and I think I’m reaching a better balance in my life.

Last edited:
Reactions: geka and brut2333

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I honestly wish I could be more help with this, I went through the binge purge cycle for several years, as well as just longer periods where I still wanted them but just didn't feel like wearing them. I also had the same issue with the post orgasmic guilt and stripping the nappy off right after and wondering what on earth I'm doing.

The trouble is I can't actually pin down a time or event or reason that changed it. Just that at some point I completely accepted this was a part of me and wasn't ever going to change or go away and I didn't want it too either. and since that point (finances allowing) I've basically never been without a supply at home.

Suddenly I had no guilt or shame, no cufusion over why I'm like this, nothing. While the longest period I've been 24/7 so far is about a week I didn't tend to wear more than 2 or 3 times a week, some weeks not at all but not because I felt bad about it I just didn't need them. The longest I've been since then without wearing is about 2 maybe 3 weeks.

The last 18 months or so I have been wearing much more, probably around 5 or 6 a week (though still some periods of a few days without).

I really do wish I could say "this is what worked for me" or "here are some things I did that helped" but nothing really stands out. I guess it's just about taking enough time to get comfortable and used to it, time for self acceptance to kick in.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisK, DLmikey and brut2333

Spadon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Honestly I am 100% the same way. I sometimes want to use them, then I don't to for a set amount of time and then I buy more because I want to. Sometimes I think "why the hell do I like this?" Amd sometimes I read things online and think "wish I could do that...).

As for how I manage this: I just roll with it to be honest. I occasionally wear so I can enjoy them as a "detox" kind of thing (plus not needing to go to the bathroom helps when gaming 😀).

You not wanting anything to do with it after masturbating is normal apparently (same happens with me and a few others as well) and Its not something to worry about.

I don't know how long you have been wearing but accepting it and finding your own way of managing it is something that takes some time. Once that is set you can me more at ease with using them/or not.

There are a lot of people here who can help when you need it so don't worry too much and you will find an awnser soon enough.

Reactions: Hemix and DLmikey

Note

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Awh thanks all of your helpful responses.

I've been wearing since I was about 13-14, I'm now 19

Spadon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Note said:
Awh thanks all of your helpful responses.

I've been wearing since I was about 13-14, I'm now 19
Wow that already a few years under your belt. Hopefully the comments will help you find your way.

Note

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Spadon said:
Wow that already a few years under your belt. Hopefully the comments will help you find your way.
binge purge binge purge binge purge. On and off. More binges than purges, but trying to come up with a way.... not to purge.

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I started trying to wear around 10-11 and wanted them since 7-8, at 13-15 I was able to buy freely but it still took till early to mid 20's before that acceptance kicked in.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm 37. Acceptance came to me.

Spadon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Note said:
binge purge binge purge binge purge. On and off. More binges than purges, but trying to come up with a way.... not to purge.
I know the feeling. My purges are not as big as they seem tbh. It's just okay I stop wearing, and after a month or so I buy one pack and then nothing for another month etc.

That way the purges don't feel as "hard" as when you are trying to not purge.

Good luck in trying to find your way. I'm sure It will work out.

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
@blaincorrous just posted something in another thread that I think applies to this situation very nicely too.

One thing I’ve been getting in therapy is that you can draw lines from one thing to another and call it a “cause”, but in the end, your job is to accept you. This ABDL thing just IS. It doesn’t require justification or even a believable origin story. That provides comfort to some people, but it’s not going to change anything outside of that little bit of comfort (especially to those who think that understanding will break the spell).

... I think we do spend a lot of energy trying to give our idiosyncrasies a label and a backstory. Be present in your ABDL-ness... and you will find more fulfillment.
I've cut out the less applicable bits and emboldened the important line.

Once you can begin to accept that this is just a part of you in exactly the same way that you like or dislike certain foods, and start to learn that you don't need to define and label it or understand and control it. Just accepting that it is what it is and enjoying the moment when it comes, then you will find yourself much more settled and comfortable with just being you and not worrying about what you want to wear.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLmikey, blaincorrous and bobbilly

ChrisK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It's the same for me. Binge purge. Sorry I can't explain why or understand the reasoning behind it but I'm always in a good place when I'm wearing. Peace in my life, money in the bank, wife is happy. You can bet that if I'm in a really good mood I have a diaper on. But if I'm stressed about life and bills and the future I won't wear. That's why I admire those that can get into little space and forget about their problems. I'm the problem solver so if I do that everything will fall apart. I love 'unadulting ' but only after I 'adult' really hard. So make it a positive reward. Only wear diapers when you achieve a set goal. That way it won't get out of hand. Idk #ilovediapers

Bigt84015

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I'm sorry that's hard. I'm actually incontinence so I just don't have a option. Do you have anyone else who is aware of this and cares enough to keep a spare bag of diapers on hand for you(OP thinking o yeah they'll just keep them next to my unicorn that 💩 gold). But really if you have a open minded person who you can trust let them know how you feel. Maybe you would feel better knowing that you can get some diapers if you are desperate is what you need. There are stories of alcoholics that keep one beer in the fridge just to know its there keeps them sober.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
This thread comes up quite often so obviously there's many of us who go through this. Rather than throwing stuff out, it's better to get one or several of those large plastic bins and just put everything in there until the desire returns. This will save you a lot of money. I've thrown things out and then bought them again so now I just wait until the purge feelings pass.

Reactions: Bigt84015