how to change in public

faeria

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
for those of you who wear when you’re out and about and change in public restrooms how do you do it discreetly without getting noticed? i’m starting to wonder if i should avoid using baby powder when i change out and about just because its been a bit messy and troublesome to deal with but i’ve been putting my dirty diapers in the feminine hygiene bin and i’m not sure if it’s a good idea or not?

• Love
Reactions: newAB43, oldskool, Lyric and 5 others
Are you pooped? If not, I wear diapers for that reason, I can change without having too take off my pants, and depending on my feelings, my panties which I might have put on in the morning. I'm not gay or transvestite just looking for fun

Reactions: newAB43 and Diprs2
Freck, yes I just pooped. This sucks

• Wow
Reactions: Jorelaxed and Diprs2
I usually use the handicap stall and I don’t have any issues with powder or anything. Usually I use the changing table in the stall to lay out my diaper and put powder in it. I powder my sides with my hands and then use the wall to hold my diaper as I tape it up. Powder doesn’t seem to go anywhere. However, using diapers with Velcro tabs is much easier than using plastic tabs. I usually use a backpack that I can put my used diaper in and throw it away if no one else is in the bathroom or wait until a later time to dispose. I’ve never changed publicly when being messy. That in itself can be over challenging. My worst experience has been changing in a port-a-potty. Let me know if you have any others questions.

Reactions: inconowl, Prillprillprill, newAB43 and 4 others
Just had a nice shower. Did not anticipate literally pooping myself. Freak. Ok so had a pooped accident. Won't happen again. Wetting my bed is one thing. Pooping is another.

Reactions: newAB43, Jorelaxed and Diprs2
Hello Faeria, usually I will carry my diapers and changing supplies in a small backpack.
Once in the bathroom stall, I hang the backpack on the hook and just start changing my diaper, undoing the tapes does goet a bit noisy but I wouldn't worry about it.
Once changed, I put the used diaper in a dark trash bag and dispose of it.

• Love
Reactions: newAB43, oldskool, lilshelly and 5 others
If I do need to change when I'm out and about ! I have a quite a few public restrooms that I feel very comfortable about using !

Reactions: newAB43, Diprs2, faeria and 2 others
You are lucky. Most public men's restrooms are disgusting

• Wow
Reactions: newAB43, Diprs2, PaddedRita and 2 others
faeria said:
for those of you who wear when you’re out and about and change in public restrooms how do you do it discreetly without getting noticed? i’m starting to wonder if i should avoid using baby powder when i change out and about just because its been a bit messy and troublesome to deal with but i’ve been putting my dirty diapers in the feminine hygiene bin and i’m not sure if it’s a good idea or not?
If the diaper is only wet, then it should be ok in the feminine hygiene bin, if messy in the the trash can inside of a bag.

Reactions: newAB43, Diprs2, PaddedRita and 1 other person
honestly unless you are beyond desperate public bathrooms are not the place to change. They are generally quite dirty and don't offer much for privacy. You're better off if possible to change at home.
Ive been IC most of my life and id rather drive home with wet pants than change in a public bathroom

Reactions: inconowl, newAB43, Diprs2 and 2 others
SparkyDog said:
honestly unless you are beyond desperate public bathrooms are not the place to change. They are generally quite dirty and don't offer much for privacy. You're better off if possible to change at home.
Ive been IC most of my life and id rather drive home with wet pants than change in a public bathroom
Agreed!, public restrooms are very unhygienic and nasty.
I'd much rather a million times use my diaper than a public toilet that who knows when was the last time it was cleaned and sanitized.
Sometimes there are bodily fluids on the toilet seat, scary.😳😱😱😱

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: newAB43, Lyric, Diprs2 and 2 others
In my community where I live, I am familiar with all the places that have single restrooms with a door that locks. I can change in a place like that. Going into the multiple stall facilities, I just can't make myself change in there, even if I am in the larger stall. I'm too self-conscious about the rustling noise of a diaper change. And if I had a number 2 incident, I would go home and shower.

Reactions: newAB43, fayeDL, Diprs2 and 1 other person
I always just use the disabled toilet if I wet or poo my nappy in public

Reactions: newAB43, Lyric, Diprs2 and 2 others
Because I never like to poop in my diaper while traveling it is always just a wet diaper I need to change which is usually a lot easier. Yes public restrooms can be disgusting! They can also be busy at times! I've had to change before by reclining my car seat and doing it in the parking lot. Once I also did it while leaning against the car while parked in the back corner of the rest area parking lot.

Reactions: Diprs2, newAB43 and faeria
faeria said:
By not worrying..nobody notices or cares..nobody knows if you have a medical condition..just change

Reactions: Diprs2, newAB43, lilshelly and 1 other person
star said:
By not worrying..nobody notices or cares..nobody knows if you have a medical condition..just change
If I have to change I have to change. Usually I will change in the handicap stall. I am getting to the point where that is necessary anyway.
I carry a backpack with me which happens to be a diaper bag. It works well for me and everything I carry best part it doesn't look like a diaper bag.
As for disposal I carry scented waste basket bags the small ones and throw it out as I leave the bathroom.

faeria said:
I use the toilet in the men's room no one pays attention to what you throw away in the trash can.

Pardon the language, but IDGAF about other people knowing I am changing or wearing in the bathroom.

If you act like you are doing something 'wrong' then people will think you are doing something wrong. If you make a big deal about wearing and changing, then others will make it a deal.

Get in there, get your supplies out, rip them tapes, clean up, diaper back up however you want (powder, rash cream, lotion, printed diapers, etc)

Other people go to the bathroom to take care of their toileting needs, and changing your diaper is just that.

Reactions: Prillprillprill, Diprs2, newAB43 and 3 others
As far as disposal goes, I don’t think the feminine hygiene cans are a good idea for used diapers whether wet or messy. Not even for baby diapers. Those cans are already small, some small enough that they’re attached to stall walls. Depending on the location and how often it is frequented, it could fill up rather quickly and the washroom may not get serviced very often.

Public changes are something I try to avoid. So, if going some place I expect to be for an extended period of time that I do not wish to work out the logistics of changing, I wear thicker (booster-padded) diapers. Not only does one have to consider where/how to change in public, but getting changing supplies to said location unnoticed and disposing of them are things to consider. Going to a theatre/stadium/club, chances are your bags will get checked. I have smuggled a spare diaper into places in the waistband of my pants or beneath a tucked shirt and even a coat sleeve. But sometimes/some places, you get security pat downs. When inevitable, there are a variety of places I will do public changes.
For optimal privacy, finding a large parking lot or secluded area is best and I will change in my car. I drive a sedan so it’s not ideal but in terms of cleanliness, my car is preferred to a public washroom. There are a variety of positions I’ve used: folding the back seats down and changing lying down in the trunk (I’ve also napped this way), I have changed sitting in the back seat, front passenger seat, and even the driver’s seat (reclined or sitting up). Not the greatest most comfortable fits, but if unable to find a washroom or unwilling to change in one, the car is an option. On a couple of occasions, I have actually changed next to the car standing up between two open doors on one side. Very seldom do I use this method, as the fear of getting charged with indecent exposure is there. I’ve even heard of people winding up on the sexual offender registry for indecent exposure charges.

My normal day-to-day schedule only requires me to deal with public changes twice a week. After my full time day job, I teach private music lessons at a studio that I go to straight from work. By the time I get there, it is not very busy. It has a one-person lockable washroom, which is preferred for changing in public and because there are group classes there for parents and their babies during the day, there is a changing table in there (no, I do not lie on it but it is convenient for placing things on while changing). There are wipes and lotion in there that I utilize, but there is a sign in there asking that used diapers be taken home and disposed of. I do get self-conscious about it at times, as it is a fairly small studio, so I’m sure parents in the waiting room can hear what’s going on in there even over the exhaust fan and running faucet.

When having to change in public when doing something out of the routine, when car changes are unfeasible, I opt for places with single-person lockable washrooms, such as at gas stations, but I feel weird about doing that if I’m not there to buy gas or snacks. Plus, they feel like the least sanitary public washrooms. Other good options are rest stops/oases. Least likely to run into someone you know. Just like touristy places such as zoos/aquariums/museums. Large stores like Walmart and Target work too but once again, like gas stations, if not shopping there, feels wrong.
Changing at work is a huge, inconvenient hassle that I have explained in another thread, so I avoid that best I can. I like the idea of using a hand dryer, running faucet, or flushing toilet to mask tape-peeling sounds and crinkles. I only wet my diapers, so wipes and powder are not something I typically use for public changes. More to carry and takes more time.
However, when self-changing, whether at home or in public, I generally do so standing up. I’ve heard suggestions of leaning against a wall when doing this, which has never made much sense to me. I don’t even like walking into public washrooms and my feet have shoes on them. I certainly don’t want my clothing or bare skin coming into contact with the walls. When I diaper standing up, after fluffing it up, it gets folded in half lengthwise and fed between my legs, which I then hold together, which hold the diaper up. A dry diaper is light enough to stay in place between my squeezed together legs without the aid of a wall. I flatten out the front against my pelvis to my liking, holding it in place with the side of my hand or forearm while reaching around for the tapes and tape up.

Yes, it is true as mentioned by above posters that we are probably more concerned about it than anyone else and by acting confident and normal, you are less likely to draw attention to yourself. Be that as it may, I still get nervous about it from time to time.

Reactions: WillFord384, Diprs2, newAB43 and 1 other person
I always opt for single stall/lockable washrooms. ALWAYS. I also usually wear cloth-backed hook/loops so I don't worry about sound as much. In a bind, I will use the disabled stall in a large room since doing in my vehicle is not an option.

Edit: I also have these disposable scented bags I use. They are opaque and can tie up so its discreet and doesn't smell.

Last edited:
Back