how to carry a extra diaper into a public restroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

DprdC

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Guys, are you forgetting the awesomeness and functionality of cargo pockets?

Just fold them into a cargo pocket and bam, nobody cares or notices.

TheFoxxehAssassin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
Guys, are you forgetting the awesomeness and functionality of cargo pockets?

Just fold them into a cargo pocket and bam, nobody cares or notices.

Yeah... Darkfinn already said that...

I unfortunately don't have any advice because I don't wear outside my house. Sorry...:dunno:

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Start carrying around a messenger bag. Stuff something inside like a sweater so you can hide stuff under it. Stuff the diapers into the messenger bag and away you go!

RedApple

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just put it up your shirt, nobody really cares or looks at what you're doing anyway! :)

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Here's an idea...though not completely original. Just put it on over your first diaper!

uknappyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Personally as I am a wheelchair user it is very easy to have some spares in the back behind my chair :)

One advantage anyway!

UKNappyman

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When I go diapered to the library I always have my laptop bag with me so I just put a few diapers in there with my laptop and when I need to change I just take the bag to the restroom and change in there. I used to get nervous doing that, but really no one cares what you're doing half the time so I just keep on going with changing my diaper in the stall even if theres others in there.

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
i don't dare go out of the house with them on

Why not? No one notices or cares for that matter that you're wearing diapers. You shouldn't be embarrassed by them, they're just another form of underwear. I, myself have been wearing them out in public for a while now, in fact, I'm a LOT more comfortable wearing them out in public then I am at home since my family knows me, but people in public don't know me.

A

alaninnc

When I change in a public restroom it is usually at a rest stop on the freeway ad I have my supplies in a back pack. I put the used one in a small plastic bag and throw it in the trash. If you are concerned about that just carry the bag outside to another trash can.

BabyDemon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
How about the tucked into the waist band of your pants under your shirt. As for a disposing of the used diaper wrap it in a ball and quickly make it for the normal trash can dump it there then wash your hands.. Most people won't even register what your doing if you just make it one motion.

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
You'll find that most people in a public restroom are too busy paying attention to their own needs to think a thing about you. Kinda like if someone in a wheelchair comes into the restroom... you don't stare... it's impolite.

Correct, and this goes for public in general. I wear Abena and Secure X-pluses all the time... To work, shopping, meeting non-ab friends, etc. Nobody ever notices, or could notice. Just dress appropriately. Don't wear low-rise jeans and a tight shirt. ;)

As for carrying it into a place for changing, as others have said tuck it under your waistband and shirt, or in winter under your arm inside your jacket. Like Darkfinn, I've just carried it into public restrooms to change, and never had anyone blink an eye.

Changing in public gets more natural the more you do it. You eventually get over the whole "bringing it in/disposing of" thing, and just quickly change instead of waiting for toilet flushes, hand dryers, etc., for masking the diaper/tapes noise. You really can go into a public restroom, change with others using the adjacent facilities, and carry out to toss your old diaper in the trash, without anyone else batting an eye (provided you don't hold up your dirty diaper like a trophy or something :D ). Done it many, many times.

If you want more privacy, restrooms at coffee chains (Dunks, Starbucks, Tim Hortons, etc.) are usually one-holers, so you get the bathroom to yourself.

bebehuey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
  4. Private
this explains why i wear overalls to work every day.. hmmm i used to be able to fit a large depends in my back pocket, but, hauling the full one out, passenger side floor of my work truck full of em, until cleanout day, (every other or so) as far as public restrooms, i dont even care anymore, though a 1 holer is nice, the fun one is when stuck in a clients home, thile they are in.

babyemo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
do like i do, put it in your hand, walk into the wherever and go to the bathroom, noone notices anything, especially if your normal, ive had a bambino just carrying it at my side many times.

bebehuey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
  4. Private
never easy the first few times, but, after a while, ya don't care, and it looks like another part of everyday life

T

TechnoBaby

i think you can keep the diaper in a bag or somethin with other stuff

Role
  1. Incontinent
As others have said on this topic, just use a back pack. That is how I do it, and I've been incont now for over 5 years. I also use cloth diapers, so I can't throw them out, but I do fold them up after cleaning the mess out of them, and put it inside the plastic bag I had the clean one folded up in, and place the messy paper towels and other clean up material into 3 grocery bags and toss in the trash on the way out. I have noticed that the newer Lowe's stores have a family restroom to change in, so you can have some privacy. There's a diaper station in there so I can put all my stuff on there instead of the floor. In a regular restroom, I just go for the handicapped stall, (and yes, I'm handicapped), or the biggest one, or the one nearest the far wall. Whichever one will give me the most privacy.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I changed in public in a church bathroom yesterday... I was doing some radio install work. I just took my little black attache case along with me... no problems.

joeblow

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
i try to use a private bathroom when available (handicap or family washroom) in public. However, if a private washroom is not available I just head in with my diaper bag and change in one of the stalls. I try to wait until there is a break in the washroom traffic before I leave the stall to dispose of my used diaper though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.