How to avoid awkward "smell"

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas93

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Those people, how wear it 24/7, how do they manage not to let the others 'smell out ' things in public?
I mean, even if I take a shower every evening, perhaps they can feel it when i go somewhere (especially in a room)? What do you think? should powder help maybe?

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
DRINK WATER EVERYDAY 4/5 (AND ALL OTHER DAYS)

coffee%20cup%20animated.gif

I know it's a cup of coffee. But there are 12 of them so you should know that I am serious.

downtide

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Point is right. Drink lots. It makes you pee more but it will be more diluted so it wil smell less.

And shower/bathe at least once a day.

cgh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I wear 24/7 and the obvious approach is to ensure you change often enough, shower often enough and keep yourself as clean as possible. It also helps to shave your padding area as it drastically reduces the amount of surface area that smells can attach themselves to.

As a side note - be careful about drinking too much or too little water. It can be very, very bad for you. Just drink a normal, healthy amount.

Soakingboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
should powder help maybe?

Hello Thomas.
In my experience, using powder and wetting over a longer period actually creates a worse odor. I am properly hydrated etc. maybe I am just very strange. Powder for me helps my skin feel fresher for longer in dry diaper, but after I start wetting, does very little positive.
Andrew.

PhoreverPhoenix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I drink a pretty average amount of water, and a little bit of soda. I don't tend to ever smell pee unless I've been asleep for 10~ hours and don't change as soon as I wake up. Messes on the other hand, not so much. If I ever have a day where I just don't trust my stomach I tend to wear a second diaper over the first with no holes poked or anything, simply to make another barrier for odors.

allen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I always wear plastic pants and powder to cut down on smells.

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
You gotta train in the gravity room.
MEET ME THERE.

Uhhh... what?! (Am I always the last person to get the joke?!) :confused:

I don't wear 24/7, but I do (usually) wear every day.

Before I leave the house, I always wash the relevant area with antibacterial soap and rinse using the shower head, then run a hot bath.

A good soaping will hopefully kill any smelly bacteria. And soaking in a hot bath for half an hour (with subsequent soaping and scrubbing all over) will open the pores and (hopefully, again!) get rid of any lingering unpleasantness. Having shaved the short and curlies, I'm silky smooth, which probably helps too.

Ensuring the area dries out fully before being re-diapered is a good idea.

Anyway, I certainly hope I don't smell!

Okamiyasha

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Uhhh... what?! (Am I always the last person to get the joke?!) :confused:

It's a Dragon Ball Z reference. Whenever the characters wanted to get a year's worth of training in a day they utilized such a place. The gravity was stronger than their regular planet so they also benefited from that too :p

Sorry for the random DBZ tangent! :smile1:

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
It's a Dragon Ball Z reference. Whenever the characters wanted to get a year's worth of training in a day they utilized such a place. The gravity was stronger than their regular planet so they also benefited from that too :p

Sorry for the random DBZ tangent! :smile1:

Ohhhhhhhh! I get it! Thanks :smile:

Ank

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I’ve read on a german incontinence support website that a changing rhythum for incontinent products of 3 to 4 hours is the standard in german nursing homes. I always try to stick to that standard.

Shaving your intimate parts, taking a shower at least once a day, changing every 3 to 4 hours and using wet wipes when changing helps avoiding most of the smell.

And maybe the most important: Don't eat aspargus!

Beloney

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Shower and clean well
Keep a very close shave in all private areas, a must! Anyone who doesn't even if they don't wear I feel is disrespect to your partner.
A good quality diaper that reduces odor- if you can afford.
Good amount of baby powder
Water= clear pee= reduces acidity= less odor.
Wipe very well with baby wipes between changes add powder and your good to go! I've worn 24/7 for a long time and have no issues.

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I've been wearing 24/7 for over a year now and heven't noticed any odor. I take my shower every morning and shave down there as well in the shower.
I wear 2 disposables a day and one cloth AIO during the day. When the weather heats up here in Texas I may switch to wearing my cloth to overnight.
I wipe well between changes and powder well. Also try to air out my bottom before I put my dry one on.

Status
Not open for further replies.