• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

How old were you when you knew you weren't alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
SSIA.

How old were you when you found out you weren't the only person in the world that liked diapers and/or acting infantile.

For me, it was when I was 14. We had just got the internet and for some reason I started typing all kinds of random things into the search engine. I still don't know why, but I thought it would be interesting to see 'adults in diapers'. Well...the pictures I got were quite interesting indeed.

The first website I found was DPF, and I was in complete shock. I could not believe I wasn't alone in the world. I just remember for the next couple days that's all I could think about it. I was so curious as to what this stuff was all about. I started 'researching' all over, discovering what sites were ok to visit, and which ones werent, (deeker, lol).

It's hard to believe that was 7 years ago now. I feel like I have a pretty good understanding of most aspects regarding AB/DL, and wouldn't change a damn thing.:smile:

B

Butterfly Mage

That's hard to say definatively. My memory prior to July 1982 is full of holes.

Role
Private
Probably at age 22 or so, through images of Narcis and the DPF web site.

Didn't actually communicate online with anyone about it until I came on here.

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I would say I first searched for it on the internet at around 13 or 14.

Skeeter

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
This is an excellent topic.

I was probably 18 or so. I saw an unflattering article in Hustler magazine that mentioned DPF members who exploited children. While I thought it was cool that there were adults that enjoyed wearing diapers, it upset me that they were associated with abuse of children. As a result I went through many binge and purge cycles due to guilt. It wasn't until about 5 years later when I started researching "adult diapers" on the internet, and found out that there are diaper loving adults that condemn the involvement of children in our fetish. Once I discovered that, I began to accept myself a little more.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I was maybe 10 when I found out. deeker's was the second site I cam across, this is back when deeker's could of been called good. DPF was also still under fully swing.

satyrical

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I guess I had this inkling of an idea that other people liked to wear diapers too. I remember, in grade 11 or so, going to a teen message board and seeing a few topics of people saying they liked to wear diapers. In retrospect, they were probably old men trying to get their rocks off.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
When I was 12.

I was on AOL and I typed in "diapers" and did a search for it and all these message boards popped up about people who like wearing them and I saw pictures of adult babies and I even saw someone's personal webpage. I even ran across Ashley's Diaper Adventure which was marked "Untitled" then.

S

soren456

I never could believe that I was the only one.

And that was confirmed at about age 11-12, when I started finding sites online.

The first I found was DPF, and it was totally disheartening--for obvious reasons. Then I found Deeker and his links . . . .

. . . . and the rest is history.

(Back then, there were teen diaper groups and mailing lists easily available on Yahoo and MSN.)

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I remember reading some letter or article in the back of a girlie mag that mentioned diaper play when I was in my early teens, I think, but it wasn't like a "AHA" lightbulb moment then because my attentions weren't focused there. When I got my first "real" computer in '96 (a Packard-Bell) and signed on to Prodigy on my speedy 14.4k modem, I was stumbling around the BBS's and usenet and found *B related information fairly quickly. I was so nervous/ excited the first times I went in there, I had the shakes. The rest, well, is history.

A

aj1983

I always assumed there must be other thats liked diapers too, but it wasn't until i was 13 that i started looking it up on the internet and truly found out i wasnt alone. Then I was 16 before i started to chat on IRC in the tb/ab channels that were there. And I was around 19ish when i started to meet others in person. :smile1:

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
I was 17.

I had been having a 56k internet connection for a couple of months, and one afternoon, lazying around on the net, I had the idea to make a search about diapers. And a new world disclosed itself to my eyes. :p

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I think 14-15.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I was 9 or 10, I think. I used the Internet at a young age, and as my diaper/babying fantasies started to emerge at that age, I started looking up "diaper" or "baby" on Google. Eventually I found Deeker, and I was introduced (in the worst way possible) to a whole new world. I spent a lot of time on Deeker. Then I didn't really consider myself an infantilist much and spent time on the AR Archive (a site for age regression fetishists). And I also found TBDL.org when I was 12 and lurked for 2 years.

angelabauer

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
Growing up it was assumed all of Granny's granddaughters would have bladder control problems. Therefore I always thought of diapers as less convenient undies.

Still at age 26 I had been in diapers without choice for 14 years. I was a licensed attorney with a major firm. Planning around my 24/7 diapers was getting to be a real chore. I was fed up, frustrated and depressed my many urologists had not restored my bladder control.

Then my youngest sister Missy confided that what helped her was knowing that adult babies wanted to learn to wet so they could get to wear diapers. My first reaction was to find a way to sell my wetting. Missy was correct, knowing this has continuously made me happy. I did some research in magazines about AB, which led me to Infantae Press and also to DPF. That was the fall of 1990. I wrote to Tommy S who founded DPF and included my home phone number. A few days later he called me. After we talked a few minutes he said he was giving me a free membership. A couple of days later I got some back issues of the DPF newsletter. Between those, Infantae's "The Play Pen" and "Tales from the Crib" and Fetish Times I concluded there were adults who liked to write about ABDL.

A

annierighthurr

I was around 13.
I had stopped wearing Goodnites for wetting the bed and I missed it, so for some reason I went to the goodnites.com messageboard. On there, some person specifically said they liked to just wear diapers and a tshirt around during the day and was this weird. Somebody else responded back that they were probably a DL and to go to dpf.com
I thought dpf was extremely strange and I made fun of it quite a bit, and showed it to my friend for a hoot. But later, I went back to it and looked into it more.
I was a member of quite a few sites over the years. I was a member of yior (ugh) and I was on diaper-boys for a long, long time as one of their only female members which led me to believe girls were extremely rare. I'm pretty sure I had an account on tbdl.org though and teenbabynetwork too although I was definitely not active. It wasn't until early 2008 when I discovered diaperspace that I really started to be active in the ABDL community. I discovered that I was definitely not the only girl, and also I met my first ABDL daddy who helped me explore my AB side which I had previously left alone.

All in all, I would say every time I'm active in the community, I learn something new I didn't know before. I only wish I had foudn out there were other girls at a much earlier age because it led me to hating it for most of my teen years. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.