Not open for further replies.

AllieKat101

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
  4. Other
Back when I lived with my mom, I had to specifically wait for what we deemed my "laundry day" before I could do my laundry.

Since I moved to college, my dorm mate has been really cool and buys things in bulk at Sam's Club, and we both happen to use the same All free and clear pods for our laundry.

So since I haven't had to worry about buying detergent and we don't need quarters for our laundry room at our dorm, I've been doing laundry twice a week. I'm wondering if it might be too much, and I know once I get out on my own, I won't be able to do it for free, but it's just so great not to have that basket of dirty clothes laying around. Everything is always hung up or folded and put away now.

Is it too much? What works for you guys?

I do it once a week, on Sunday. Between my wife and I, it usually ends up being three loads (whites, colors, and darks). I usually do sheets and towels on Wednesday or Thursday.

I don't now if you can do "too much" laundry... whatever works for you!

I do laundry every 2 days because of my job washing dishes and taking out the trash and it is really expensive to keep up with so maybe a portable washer and dryer would come in handy so I can wash my clothes at my storage unit and not have to spend any money because I already have a power generator to plug into and only pay for the laundry detergent

Interesting thread. I do laundry once a week, Wednesday, actually. It's just my wife and I at this stage in our life. The last load is my stuff, diapers and baby pants training pants.

It all depends on the clothes that I go through during the week. If I'm outside a lot things get dirtier faster and so on. I'd say probably two to five times a week. There was a time when I was stationed in Korea and lived on the top floor of a four story building. This building was a re-enforced concrete structure designed to withstand blasts and was much bigger than the other buildings. I could look down on to the rooftops of the other four story buildings from my window. The only laundry facility was down the stairs at the other end of the building. Laundry was an absolute PITA because of the constant hike and the fact that most of the machines were just about useless. I had enough gear that I would do laundry once a month. I hated all those damn stairs up and down up and down, ughh. Now I do laundry whenever I feel like it. Sheets here, towels there, socks and undershirts the next day, pants on the weekends, shirts next week. Just whenever I run low on a particular item or when accidents occur.

Yes!
I, Cerebral Palsy and Autism guy washes my own laundry once a week.
Scooting up and down the stairs on my rear-end is what I have to do to get from my bedroom to the cellar.

One load a week alternating between whites and darks with an extra load at the end of the month for my bedding. I live alone and have uniform service for work so I don't go through many clothes. When I had two teenage girls and a baby it seamed the washer & dryer never stopped!
AND ! (off but related topic) a roll of toilet paper lasts like two weeks now instead of two rolls a day.

About every other day or so. I don't have enough bras or pairs of underwear and properly-fitting pants to go for too long. I take care of my own clothes, and often my parents' too, although my mother is also known to do her own loads. I like to wash my clothes after each wearing; my mom will wear the same stuff on and off for days which I find gross.

Everyday almost, since I tend to wet the bed almost everyday and have no diapers.

I do it once a week on average. If you have to pay to do laundry, then I definitely would cut it down to once a week.

Once a week - 3 loads, but it took time for me to accept that its not the end of the world if the washing basket is fall...

twice a week minimum

I do it whenever there is enough pile of clothes that is enough for a load. I have no idea how often I do laundry. I know every week. But my parents apparently keep their own dirty clothes in their room because I have seen my mother throw hers down the stairs instead of in the laundry chute and them bringing them down herself to do. I guess she doesn't want us doing it for her. Plus I quit washing my parents anyway because I had realized most of the clothes I were washing was theirs, not my childrens or my husband's or my own so to have less work around the house, I just stopped washing their clothes. It was too much. They make more dirty clothes than us and I would rather wash my kids all the time since they also make them all the time. I will wash theirs to make a load if there isn't enough of a load to wash my kids.' My daughter has so many clothes I don't have to worry about washing hers until she is running out of dresses or pants or pajamas or shirts. That is when I do laundry. Same as when my son is running out of clean pants or clean shirts. Laundry time.

Once a week, but that's flexible and not counting nappies with which I'll usually throw in other stuff to help balance the drum.

It being weekly is a legacy of work, when I wouldn't have time to wash and dry stuff and especially as some stuff would take two or more washes to get clean (dirty job).
It used to be wash 'day' when I was a kid, but we also only bathed once a week because of the cost of energy.

I'm a little OCD about laundry. Since I've retired and am pretty much 24/7, I attend to laundry on a daily basis. We have a new he machine so it has a rinse and spin feature that i use for wet cloth diapers, cotton briefs and plastic pants. Use the clothes line in the spring/summer/fall as weather and sun permits, as I haven't replaced the outlet for our 220v 3 prong dryer cord.

In the summer, I generally have a full ine of clothes every 2 or 3 days. 10 - 20 pairs of briefs, 5 - 6 plastic pants and dosens of white cloth diapers along with the houshold clothes. The sun keeps everything fresh and white.

I do the washing when it needs doing. If there's a big pile of laundry, I'll do it. Or if I notice I'm getting low on clean socks or whatever. Or if it's a sunny day when the washing will dry quickly. Or if I'm going out and want to wear something in particular that's in the laundry...

I suppose that works out at once or twice a week...? There's no method in the madness!

once every week

It varies but it's rare that I go more than a few days without doing at least one load. I prefer dealing with it as it accumulates rather than having to do a lot on one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back