how much does your diaper hold?

wiliawi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
So I like my diaper as wet as possible. I usually wear until it leaks or I have a reason that makes me get changed earlier. I was really soaked this morning. I wear a Confi dry 247 with a couple of 6 ply gerber cloth diapers as inserts. I'm a heavy bedwetter, and usually wear until after breakfast. This morning the schools had a two hour delay and my wife is a school teacher. We got the call about 5:30 ;-( that woke me up. I was wet as normal. I went down stairs, let the dog out and enjoyed a pretty long wetting then started drinking coffee. I had three cups, and peed one more small wetting while i was waiting for my wife to get up. I was pretty squishy, and the dry 24/7 was wet front to back. As I made breakfast (two hours later then normal) and peed one more significant wetting. When I sate down for breakfast, i felt a little trickle escape from the side of my diaper. Since I don't want to leak any more than that, I went up and changed. I weight myself on the bathroom scale, holding a dry diaper and two dry inserts, and then holding my wet diaper and inserts. The difference was 4.2 lbs. That's about a half gallon of pee. The pee in the morning was maybe half of that. My bursting bladder can only hold about 16oz, So I'm guessing that overnight I released at least two full bladders into the dry 24/7. And then almost the equivalent this morning. Does anyone else weigh their diaper to figure out how much use you got out of them.

Reactions: ChristianDiaperLover
I weighed it only once for curiosity after wetting thoroughly. As far as I remember, it was a BetterDry with something slightly over 2kg, similar to your result.

I have thought about weighting one of my used diapers but I usually forget and when I remember - it is too late.

Here's the easiest way I've found to accurately weigh a dry or wet/dripping diaper--just convert the weight difference to ml or fl oz to arrive at capacity. 1 lb of water = 453.59 ml or 15.337 fl oz. The reusable in pic easily contains 2 lb / 900 ml / 30 fl oz (the point where leakage becomes likely) using two 30 x 38 inch pieces of cotton flannel folded into pads (lightweight cotton hospital blankets cut in quarters--hand washed and hung to dry the edges don't fray much.) Because I'm not concerned with maxing-out the value of a disposable there's no motivation to go for more, but the option is available by adding one more pad, allowing overnight side-sleeping--you'll still want an under-pad. I usually wash cover and pads and hang to dry as soon as changed, it's so easy--I have a bath-tub and buckets!--no washer/dryer necessary, or (heaven forbid!) a laundromat, where your stuff gets washed and dried with everyone else's dirt, detergent, and toxic dryer-sheets!
20200206_220456_Burst30.jpg

ElPulpo said:
I weighed it only once for curiosity after wetting thoroughly. As far as I remember, it was a BetterDry with something slightly over 2kg, similar to your result.
Thanks for doing the work now I dont have to measure how much my crinklz hold. For those in the US that converts to about 4.4lbs. 😄 thanks again!

Piefox said:
Thanks for doing the work now I dont have to measure how much my crinklz hold. For those in the US that converts to about 4.4lbs. 😄 thanks again!
Although that depends a lot on concentration. SAP holds a lot of water, but salt and other dissolved molecules interfere. YMMV.

Been sick this week, and actually did this little experiment the night my Goodnites saved my sheets. Weighed a fresh diaper on a scale, and it came in around 2oz. Wet one weighed in at 2 pounds, 4oz. May not hold a candle to premium ABDL brands, but having a mustard seed for a bladder, they work wonders for me!

Worked out of the house today and usually wear a ns megamax during the day. I will go from 6 am to about 2pm. Today I put the ns doubler in it and I put it on at 5:15 am and it is now almost 4 and holding good. Totally urine incontinent with no feeling down there so lots of coffee and iced tea. Looks like it will go the full 12 hours.

Weighed my night nappy from time to time out of curiosity. Thay are supposed to hold about 3 litres of fluid but I wouldn't trust that to much. I find about 1.5 litres would be about as wet as I get. And then sometimes urine will push out the sides when I sit up. Lucky I usually only wet half of that before I get up and gravity takes over. I have never thought to weigh my day time pull up. I don't wet so much during the day

FudgedInLuvs said:
Been sick this week, and actually did this little experiment the night my Goodnites saved my sheets. Weighed a fresh diaper on a scale, and it came in around 2oz. Wet one weighed in at 2 pounds, 4oz. May not hold a candle to premium ABDL brands, but having a mustard seed for a bladder, they work wonders for me!
I like the phrase mustard seed!

• Haha
Reactions: FudgedInLuvs
MillyBelle7 said:
I like the phrase mustard seed!

Some days it feels like such an accurate description too! I have a family member I meet up with every now and again for a few beers/drinks, we keep our limit around 2-4 since we have to drive. He might get up once or twice, I feel like I get up about twice per beverage!

Back