How much do you think diaper companies think about us

How much???????

• All the time! They change their product because of us.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
How much do you think diaper companies think about us?
Use the poll, post a reply, see the results.
Post your opinion.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
How about a choice of...They don't? Because...They don't...

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
where is the option for never? because that's what applies here.

*edit* OH MAN I WAS BEAT... i shouldn't alt tab anymore

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I think it would be almost never. I'm sure it does come up every now and again and they have a good laugh and a shudder about it and then try to forget about it.

tom

Role
Diaper Lover
Whilst I would think never, I'm sure, that unlike some people, they are aware of the fetish etc. I would think they'd pick this up from the type of buyers etc. that they see over the years because an ab company has to buy the stock from them I would think.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Diaper companys know we are here, and are responsible for a good part of there total sales.

doubledbbw

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
When it all comes down to it ,its all about making money. They design products for us AB/DLs and we buy them. Take Bambinos for instance they are a good diaper but pricey. I bought some and have tried them out ,and like them very much. But I doubt that I will buy more right now. They are just to expensive. And with the cost of oil hitting the ceiling the cost of plastic covered diapers will go up. So for the foreseeable future I will be using cloth diapers exclusively.:smile1:

bob10101

Contributor
Role
Other
Companies think about their consumer constantly but probably not in the way you think they are. They seek to make their product attractive to the customer through marketing campaigns but try to reduce costs to the minimal nesseserry to fufill their customers needs to increace profit margins.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't know. Their getting our money so I doubt they care but yet might know about us.

BabyDemon

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
<snip> Take Bambinos for instance they are a good diaper but pricey. <snip> exclusively.:smile1:
Bambino's are a niche. Someone who is one or is well aware of the AB/DL fetish has gone out on a limb to make these in hopes that they'll make a profit (small market + overhead + profit margin = expensive end price). Overall as a whole major companies, the P&G's and Kimberly Clark's don't even know we exist. Their main market is people with real incontinence.

Those are my two cents

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Why would they be thinking about us? I mean, its not like there gonna make a new product just because they heard about some people with a fetish for it. Besides Bambino, they never think of us.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
i would have to think a small bit because every dollar they get usually gets rerouted into advertising so they know where this stuff is going, albeit not for it's intended "target" audience.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I vote "NEVER" but it wasn't an option.

In marketing a product the company looks at who will be buying their product, ie the MAIN purchasers...in the case of adult incontinence products we're looking at hospitals, nursing homes/extended care facilities, and those who incontinent but still at home. The main money comes to the diaper manufacturer from the first two...hospitals, nursing homes/extended care facilities. Fetishists do not come into the equation because they do not represent a large enough portion of the total market to be of concern to the product manufacturer.

D

daria7483

I don't think they never think about us. Do you really think they aren't aware that we exist, or that, even though they may chuckle at our fetish, they aren't grateful we exist? I guess the more relevant question is, do they consider our opinions when designing a product? In some ways we probably have similar desires to incontinent people, like pretty much everyone wants the most absorbent product possible. In other ways, we have different desires, such as a desire for babyish designs. Then they probably would defer to the opinions and needs of incontinent people since they are (presumably) a much larger group. And on other topics, like thickness, both the AB/DL population and the population of incontinent people may be divided. So then I would think they might do some careful market research and design different diapers for different needs.

They're idiots if they don't think about us at least once in awhile when designing products. Even if there aren't as many of us as there are people who absolutely have to wear diapers, you only have to look at the number of people on this board and realize we only represent a small fraction of AB/TB/DLs to realize that as a group we have a pretty significant amount of buying power. And you also only have to look on this board to realize many of us will buy higher quality, more expensive brands and lesser-known brands if they prove better, whereas many incontinent people (or the relatives shopping for them) might just grab whatever's on the shelf at Wal-Mart.

Korey

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
Although I think it may be CLOSE TO never, they have considered us at one point or another, wether it was of huge significance or not. Everyones knows we exist, so being the CEO, life revolving around diapers, he has definitely wondered, "what goes through those peoples minds.."

Role
Private
I voted along the lines of Mmmm ... precious, precious money. We wants it, we makes it, we keeps it.

:laugh:

I vote "NEVER" but it wasn't an option.

In marketing a product the company looks at who will be buying their product, ie the MAIN purchasers...in the case of adult incontinence products we're looking at hospitals, nursing homes/extended care facilities, and those who incontinent but still at home. The main money comes to the diaper manufacturer from the first two...hospitals, nursing homes/extended care facilities. Fetishists do not come into the equation because they do not represent a large enough portion of the total market to be of concern to the product manufacturer.
(emphasis mine)

You're absolutely correct.

But, this sets the stage for a perfect storm of marketing: that of providing differentiation of a commodity product - for a fee, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.