How much do you remember your imagination as a child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleLando

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
How much do you remember the feeling of being an infant from your infant stage in life? I remember it a lot though I sometimes still have a hard time bringing it back due to my adult life and the knowledge I have now. Anyway apart from that.... How much and how far back do you remember your childhood and the feeling around you? I remember it from almost an infant and I remember a lot! What about you?

Last edited:
I can only remember back to when I was 5 and I just remember what I saw, no other sensations really. The only other senses I can recall are feeling pain from scraping my back on a plastic jungle gym. Though I do remember my imaginary friends which is kind of funny. I also recall what the apartment I lived in when I was 5 looked like. Otherwise I got nothing.

I think the earliest I can remember is a time in nursery school, nothing even close to infant and I remember the situation, not the emotions.

I can remember my mom getting mad and telling me to stop squirming as she was trying to pin a cloth diaper on me. I remember her telling me she didn't want to stick me with the pin, but that she might accidentally because I was squirming. I remember that bedroom and the house, along with the basement and the car they drove. I was adopted by them when I turned two. I don't have any memories of my first parents or where I was.

I remember my first memory was getting home from a store. My family bought a pack of pullups, and I was so excited to be a big kid I hugged the package. Times have surely changed...

Another memory that probably wasn't too far after was a trip was actually a vacation we took to a beach in Galveston, Texas. My family was camping, and we had some of my cousins over too, who, at the time, were like, 10 or something. I remember my dad was putting me in pullups, and I was all embarrassed because people could see me. Later that day I remember being on a ferry, and that was kinda neat. I was all dressed up in a jacket and pants, so it was around Fall or Winter, I guess.

I don't remember a lot before age 5.

It's funny, but I remember just about every wet accident I had, or witnessed, but I can't remember a lot of stuff that should be more important. I do remember some school related stuff from age 5-6, and I clearly remember my 7th birthday party, (nothing wetting related), but most of my clearer memories are from age 8-9 and upwards. It's probably why when I regress as a little, my littles age range is usually 9-12 as these are my clearest pre teen memories.

My first memory is linked to diapers. When I was 3 I remember waking up and I would sneak into our spare bedroom where we had some spare diapers and I'd wear them until my mum would take it off me

the only memmories i have are all the bad ones.. being sick in the nursery school assembly hall, is my earliest.. after that its mostly the punishments i remember..

BabyLea

A few months before my third birthday we moved out of our house while it underwent an extensive remodel. I have detail memories from this period that include both wetting my pants and bed (diapers). Also have a couple fragmented memories from before the remodel that involve diapers.

My earliest memory is the apartment we lived in when I was 2

I rember sitting in my high chair looking down at my plastic pants and diaper seeing it wet poking it and being fascinated at the water moving around inside.
The other time I have a picture in my mind and there's a white up in front I'm in a church and if there is a white box and it's just like a photograph.
My mom tells me the that was a funeral for a child that strangled on a cord and how could I remember it I was only 6 months old.
Those are mine

Last edited:
I remember my imagination being quite wild, ranging from, well, everything. I was a single child for the longest.

I remember having old tape recorder/player equipment with VU and dB meters and microphone all hooked up and various other things. I would act if I were a aircraft controller landing planes, often resulting in them crashing. I would then turn into fire fighters and paramedics to save the people from the burning plane..

I remember I got hold of a needle and syringe, yes a real one. I was maybe 5, 6 or 7 years old. I would play doctor with my stuffed animals, giving them shots which were just water. I was terrified of getting shots, so I have no idea why I did that. Those poor stuffed animals. :(

I was an odd child, thinking about it now.

My earliest memory was when I was 4 years old in 1989. My grandfather and another family member working on a house, the house I currently live in, they were building on to it, and I was running around like a toddler would and I ran up the concrete stairs and then jumped off landing on a pile of boards......

(pick your choice, painful or non-painful route)

non-painful (untrue) experience: ;)
and cried out in pain from a hurt foot.

painful (true) experience:
and had a 3 inch long nail go through the skin between the big toe and the pointer (?) toe.

I was taken to the hospital and made a full recovery :)

I remember a lot from my childhood (not infancy though), some may say unusually so. A few things from about 1 1/2 to 3 years, and then my memory really kicks in around 4-5.

The earliest thing I have any recollection of is when I broke my arm years ago. I wasn't far past my 4th birthday, and I remember having one of those electric Power Wheels things. I think it was like a red truck or something like that.

Anyway, we had an above-ground pool when I was a kid, and it sat in a spot dug out of a hillside. There was probably a 5' gap or so around half of it, between the pool and the hillside, so people couldn't just walk or hop right in it.

One day, I got way too close to the ditch, a which had to be 5 or 6 foot deep. I ended up flipping over the side and landing on my elbow, fracturing it. I remember being in the cast, and having to stuff it inside if a huge piece of foam while the bone first set. That, and having to shower with a plastic bag on.

I don't know about literal memories such as first tooth falling out or first day of school, but as far as abstract and imaginative, I remember it all! Mostly because I'm the creative type and write my ideas in the form of stories, and able to recall such great details upon a moment's notice. The only thing is that due to my thirst for knowledge and how my imagination has become more logical than that of a five year old, I often shun my old creations due to lack of imagination. I mean come on, mutated sentient sloppy joes is not as plausible to a twenty year old than it was to a five year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back