How many?

padded1989

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I have been wearing so much more this summer than usual and mostly really enjoying it! I used to only wear them at night but now doing a lot of daytime too. How many diapers or diapers and pullups do you go thru on a usual day? I think i average 8 or 9 and it just seems like so many!

Reactions: Davvyboy and Deleted member 57387
I am fully incontinent I average 5-6 a day

I average 7-8 pullups a day and I'm a 365 24/7 medically incontinent diaper lover. I'd probably use more but I only change when my diaper is completely soaked and starting to leak just a little. Personally I just love being in a wet diaper and spend most of my time that way.

My diaper is usually wet to some degree, but with 5000 ml diapers that safely lock away wetness I average between 3 and closer to 4 a day. I'm not on a set changing schedule, rather change when it's (close to) full or needed for other reasons. There's always exceptions to my usage, messy diapers get changed sooner and aren't always happen on a predictable schedule, and diaper changes for convenience, scheduling or practicality happen too. For example, going out to run errands or socialize might involve getting into a fresh diaper to avoid a leak or needing a change while out. Working out requires a thinner diaper. Showering means a diaper change. Sex usually ends up with a fresh diaper afterwords. When I know I'll only be in a diaper for a few hours before getting changed, I'll put on a less absorbent diaper to be less wasteful and more economical.

Reactions: joemama
padded1989 said:
I have been wearing so much more this summer than usual and mostly really enjoying it! I used to only wear them at night but now doing a lot of daytime too. How many diapers or diapers and pullups do you go thru on a usual day? I think i average 8 or 9 and it just seems like so many!
Me too……..I’m on a binge cycle….hopefully without the purge!

Mostly three per 24 hour period but can be as many as five if I am having a bad day.

2-3 a day sometime 4 if its hot out and I wear thinner diapers like abu preschools, I will say that since I've been wearing a lot from the pandemic, I do tend to take breaks during the day from wearing, usually from morning to late afternoon, then around 4 or so, I'll get diapered again and stay diapered until the next day, its nice to let your skin breath, to avoid rashes and such.

Reactions: padded1989
Most of the year I wear good diapers and typically only need about 3 per 24 hours. During the hot months of summer, I switch to thinner cloth backed diapers and pull ups. Due to the heat, I end up changing much more frequently and often change without even being wet just because of sweat or discomfort from the heat. I typically average about 4-5 per day plus the good plastic diaper at night (I am a heavy wetter at night, and there is no pull up in the world that will work for my needs overnight).

There are many variables to the answer, what I mean is it depends on the diaper you wear, your output and life. I wear for. Medical and avg 5-6 Northshore Supreme sometimes with a booster pad. Alot medical diapers shoot for the 7-9 per day because it's not recommended it be in diapers for long periods of time. But the difference is those wearing for medical may not know when wet or have caregivers and medical side usually checked or changed every 2-4hrs where. Where I manage my care on my own I have mental capacity to wear a more absorbent diaper and can go longer periods. I would advise against anything less than 4 just for skin health, wearing diapers for long periods of time can create environment where bacteria can grow and cause issues. Even though some market diapers as 3 per day isn't a real figure. But depending on person and how much you wet(drinking less is actually worse) and depending on diapers worn I would say healthy side 4-8 is best but close to the 4-6 but for me personally I have done this with some little to no issues but occasionally do get a rash. I would rather change more vs a diaper rash but that's me personally. But does sound like you do need to either find a more absorbent diaper or use a booster pad.

Just 1, I only wear at night. For now anyway.

ParaRomeo said:
I would advise against anything less than 4 just for skin health, wearing diapers for long periods of time can create environment where bacteria can grow and cause issues.
I kinda agree with this too, lol. Quality/ premium diapers do a good job of keeping skin healthy by locking away wetness, three changes can be ok too IMHO. Although one could only change once a day with some of the insane absorbency diapers, there's still some skin contact and ammonia does build up eventually. Also, diaper changes are part of the fun!

If your just wearing occasionally, do whatever you find fun! Regular changes are more a concern when wearing long term, or not having an option to wear or not.

As far as some "medical" or retail diapers, they're often simply designed as cheap as possible and very prone to leaking after the first wetting - they make more $ by convincing people to change at the first drop of wetness and playing off the stigma of bodily waste being magically hazardous... Kinda defeats the purpose of a diaper if your a slave to changing it every 5 minutes.

Reactions: ParaRomeo
Back