How many times have you thrown out all your stuff just to start another collection?

thiceman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
There is so many items of cute clothing that I tossed out of fear only to find myself buying new items and playing the tape over again. Anyone else do this?

I think it was twice and this was a long time back. The first time it was self-loathing that drove me to it. The second time, it was a more sober realization that while living at home, the potential harm to me and my family was greater than the enjoyment I got from the stash. In both cases, it was a pretty meager collection, so very little was lost. I haven't purged for a long time and I don't expect to ever again.

When I was younger, multiple times, then a 30 year hiatus, since coming back almost 2 years ago...NEVER AGAIN

Reactions: Blekyss
I remember much earlier in life, having a new pack using a few and having so much guilt and shame with myself that I threw the rest out. I've only done it a few times, but I can relate to the binge/purge cycle. Self-acceptance is the key, leveling out the emotional roller coaster we find ourselves on when we don't yet understand what's going on. 30+ years and I'm still figuring it out. I'd like to think I would never purge again.

Last edited:
Just once. When we were moving our house. I still regret

First time was 1998. Then again in 2002, 2004, again in 2005 and finally in 2008.
I remember walking out to put all items, my entire collection of everything in a couple big glad lawn and garden bags and tossing them in the trash!
No only a horrible idea but in the 04' & 08' bad day mood swings being angry at myself for allowing my emotions to get the point where I was repeating the purge cycle yet again in drastic fashion...
I chucked not 1 but 2 large very expensive custom made minky baby (adult) blankets that ran about $200ea.
Regardless of one's reason for throwing things away and let's face it, we've all been there..
It's not just hard on your wallet, it's really hard on your head.
It makes things way worse IMHO and then maybe a maximum of 2 months later out comes the visa card.
Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
In whatever way possible take it from somebody who had tossed 100's & 100's in the trash at a time...
Save yourself and don't do it
Your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing will thank you!

Reactions: Blekyss, littlemoosey and pampers4U
3 times over the last 30 years but never again I am here to stay

Never, the closest I’ve came was putting everything in rubber made totes and storing them in the attic, I knew that my desire would come back and it did a few months later and I was sure happy I had my onesies and a half case of diapers ready to rock and roll

Reactions: Blekyss and littlemoosey
OMG, Too many that I can't count. I remember when I brought my first pacifier behind everybody's back in the 80's, and a few weeks later I threw it away only to buy another one a few weeks later, but getting rid of that one too. At that time I didn't want to get addicted, I didn't care what people thought and I had good hiding places. It was crazy. I brought sippy cups, used them in front of everybody, but had swallowing issues because of my cerebral palsy, couldn't use them any more. Brought toy's many years later, tried to hide them, finally threw them away. FINALLY, I came out of the closet and found out it was ok. Now, I'm such a happy baby girl, toy's and all.

pampers4U said:
Never, the closest I’ve came was putting everything in rubber made totes and storing them in the attic, I knew that my desire would come back and it did a few months later and I was sure happy I had my onesies and a half case of diapers ready to rock and roll
Perhaps the smartest little in the bunch!

The only time I ever did this was probably about 3 years ago when I was really worried about getting caught and ended up throwing out the TENA Supers I had left (didn't know ABDL diapers existed nor did I have access to them back then), which was only maybe 4 or 5 (<$10 worth). I'd never consider throwing out my stash I have now, I'd just find somewhere else to put it (like rent a storage locker)

I've never thrown anything away. Maybe I'm lucky?

I've never had the urge to purge everything. I get this little voice going "You're a grown-ass adult..." but I shut it up with cookies and coloring books.

Reactions: TypicalFloof and RetroGamerGuy
pampers4U said:

CuddleWoozle said:
I've never thrown anything away. Maybe I'm lucky?

I've never had the urge to purge everything. I get this little voice going "You're a grown-ass adult..." but I shut it up with cookies and coloring books.

I'm in the same boat as both of you :)

I have never purged my AB stuff, diapers included. I just have never felt the shame that others have I guess:unsure:... I mean, sure learning to cope with being an AB can be confusing, but I have always on some level known that this as a part of who I am and an innocent pastime, so I have never felt the need to get rid of any of my AB related belongings. I also think there is a very practical side to my way of thinking that prevented this; AB stuff (diapers, outfits, toys) can be very expensive, so why would I essentially throw out perfectly good belongings and my own hard-earned/well-spent cash 😅

I'm not trying to throw shade, I can understand why some people purge their belongings (i.e. uncertainty, shame, fear of being found out), but once you have reached a certain level of self-acceptance, you realize that there is absolutely no upside to engaging in the binge/purge cycle, monetarily or emotionally ;)

The closest I have come to doing anything that resembled a purge was when I threw out a practically full pack Depends and that was because Depends suck, they aren't very comfy or babyish and the first brief from the pack leaked on me :LOL:

Last edited:
Never. I knew I wanted to try wearing nappies again when I was five years old, and became used to going through phases where I'd fantasise about it a lot for a while, then not at all. So I always knew the interest would wax and wane.

I'm obsessively secretive about being ABDL. I have a hard time imagining that anyone would "accept" me if they knew I liked diapers. But I've never had a problem with self-acceptance. I wear nappies because I like to. I've never thought there was anything wrong in that, or that I should get rid of my stuff and pretend the urge to wear diapers occasionally doesn't exist.

I've done this only a couple of times, as well as partial purges (and plan on doing another partial purge with those in my collection I don't fit).

tiny said:
Never. I knew I wanted to try wearing nappies again when I was five years old, and became used to going through phases where I'd fantasise about it a lot for a while, then not at all. So I always knew the interest would wax and wane.

I'm obsessively secretive about being ABDL. I have a hard time imagining that anyone would "accept" me if they knew I liked diapers. But I've never had a problem with self-acceptance. I wear nappies because I like to. I've never thought there was anything wrong in that, or that I should get rid of my stuff and pretend the urge to wear diapers occasionally doesn't exist.
I'm basically in the same boat as you but I do go through partial purges... not for any other reason than the "don't want to risk discovery" factor which is getting kind of high lately... but I've recently binged a little too... so yeah... idk

Not me. I have tossed out stuff I outgrew when I decided I didn't like baby toys and I am more of a bigger child than a toddler but I still like my diapers and I tossed out my baby pacifiers since they hurt my teeth and I will now stick with adult ones. I got rid of my baby bottles when I liked sippy cups better and now I like big kid cups better. I have gotten rid of AB clothing that was too big for me. I have never done the binge and purge thing knowing this is what this was about.

Just my crossdressing stuff in the 1970's. that is pre internet. No info in the library on fetishes and no info on how many people do what. Now you can find out everything in private. Thank you Al Gore for the internet. (Sarcasm)

Only once. I was moving away from my parents house and getting married. Thought I was all done with this diaper thing. Nope, started collecting on the sly almost immediately after married, took years for my wife to find out. She was OK with it when she found out. Limited amount of participation, but OK with it otherwise.

I never did 'the purge'. I had decent hiding places and my parents were not nosy, besides, while at my parent's house, I only had a few items, not a large stash. And when I moved out on my own, there was no need to purge.

This doesn't mean I never threw some things away. I have moved three times and each time I threw out a few things but I also threw out or got rid of a number of other things as well just to make moving easier.

Back