Status
Not open for further replies.

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
i just had this thought, that if there are so many tb's and dl's, then how many of us are in boy scouts, because if there were two tb/dl's that were both boyscouts then they might find out that they are near eachother and could meet at a jamboree or even, that they could both be in the same troop. so i waas just wondering how many TB/DL's are in the boy scouts actively, im a life scout btw:smile:

M

markie97

I briefly joined the scouts but found the Army Cadets more fun.
Sorry, I'm an army cadet. Does that count

Talula

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I was a Scout Leader for a while, I'm not sure how it is where you're from, but in the UK they're not called boyscouts because girls can join as well! I was a Brownie's leader (after going all the way through Rainbows, Brownies, Guides, Young Leadership, and Senior Section), and when the local Beavers group became threatened because they couldn't find a leader I stepped in until one of the parents could get the qualifications to look after them!

I was also in the Navy section of the CCF at school, the local Air Cadets group and for about 9 months was in the Royal Navy Reserves!

Wow, I was a busy beaver when I was slightly younger!!

legokid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I joing scouts just before I turned 13 and now I've joined Explorer Scouts which is fun but with my schedule it's hard to go every monday night :(

Jewbacca

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I was a Scout Leader for a while, I'm not sure how it is where you're from, but in the UK they're not called boyscouts because girls can join as well! I was a Brownie's leader (after going all the way through Rainbows, Brownies, Guides, Young Leadership, and Senior Section), and when the local Beavers group became threatened because they couldn't find a leader I stepped in until one of the parents could get the qualifications to look after them!

I was also in the Navy section of the CCF at school, the local Air Cadets group and for about 9 months was in the Royal Navy Reserves!

Wow, I was a busy beaver when I was slightly younger!!

You don't count you only converted last year!
as for me I did do boy scouts for a bit.

Gaius

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I was a Cub Scout for however long you can be one, maybe 5 years? Then I was a Boy Scout for all of 3 months before I quit, as nobody was going to tell me what to do.

I guess looking back, that was a silly decision on my part. The one camp I went to on the Hood Canal was pretty damned awesome. They had canoes, swimming, archery, and even guns. That was probably the best part for a 14 year old kid. :tongueout:

oreocookie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Does it count if I was in the boy scouts when I was younger and before I became a DL?

pampersonly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
i was a boy scout for maybe a year until i beat everyone in derby cars and i got kicked out cause they thought i cheated

oreocookie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
i was a boy scout for maybe a year until i beat everyone in derby cars and i got kicked out cause they thought i cheated

I wish that was why I got kicked out. I doubt anyone would take me seriously if I told them actual reason though since it revolves around a particular merit badge I had earned that got put on the wrong uniform :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
thanks for all the replies, i have been in boy scouts since i was a tiger cub scout and now i am rushing to get out because im almost near my eagle and my social life and lacrossse are more important to me right now but its cool to know that a lot of you guys have tried it

Traemo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Carer
Depending on how close you are to Eagle, you might consider hanging out until you actually make it. It's a nice line item to put on CVs and the like, especially in the States.

Mombasa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I was in scouts until 15 days ago(18th b-day). It was a lot of fun, unfortunately I didn't make it all the way to Eagle ( :( ).

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I was into scouts. Got my Eagle a week before I turned 18. Got my life when I was 14. Am actually a member of the Order of the Arrow.

The scout troop I was involved with in California was very well organized. Weekly meetings and merit badges, summer camping and scout camps.
Got my Life by the time I was 14, and only 2 merit badges shy before I could start my eagle project before we moved.

My new troop, we had a LOT of fun, but broke just about every scouting rule. Throwing bottle rockets at each other, starting massive bonfires in the desert, etc. At 17 I realized I would hate myself for getting so close to my eagle but not finishing it. Worked with a couple of scout leaders and managed to get it.

Getting my Eagle was probably one of my top accomplishments as a teenager. Dare say managing graduating from college was my next biggest accomplishment. It seems however, being in scouts and participating in the programs doesn't carry the same prestige as 10+ years ago. I was especially appalled at the way the Scouts were treated at the Democratic National Convention a while ago, where they boo'd the scouts.

BigKid25

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
YAY! A BOY SCOUT THREAD! lol srry had to get that out...

I've been involved in Cub Scouts since 3rd grade and Boy Scouts since 6th grade (Now a 17 y.o. senior in high school). I'm currently working on the ever popular Eagle project

Last edited by a moderator:

Chanch0

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Im in the BSA (i know in my intro it says that i am eagle but i didnt reread it until after i got a comment on it its supposed to say that im working my way up to eagle) im actually a star for the next month (family life is taking soo long). But i plan on gettin my eagle before i turn 16

I

iwearsecretly

I'm an Eagle Scout! (Yes I'm only 14, I'm an over achiever). Did any of you scouts go to the 2010 Jambo? Because if you did, you were very close to a fellow DL ;)

Smartie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
I am an Eagle scout, I was the senior patrol leader of my troop for several years and Junior Assistant Scoutmaster for a few years after that. Never once brought diapers into the mix, not worth it.

AAO

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Eagle Scout. I am an adult leader now. Help more on the district level that with an individual troop right now.

21nbby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am a boy scout and made eagle scout and also in the venturing crew and I am a adult leader in both.

Status
Not open for further replies.