Dragon64

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I keep seeing people post about wearing diapers in public and I was wondering just how common it is.

Reactions: Diaperpee8 and Jorelaxed

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I frequently don't have an option. IF I don't wear and can't stick to a "religious" schedule of going to the bathroom, I WILL wind up with drenched pants that EVERYONE can easily see. No one can easily tell I'm wearing anything though, with nothing more discreet than a Tena Active Fit Slip Maxi or Abena L4 as my "normal" out and about diapers. IF I KNOW I won't be able to stick to a constant schedule of every 45 minutes or so OR stopping every 45 minutes will be totally impractical I'll even wear a Betterdry and on very rare occasions with a Tranquility Super Plus booster pad which is what allows me to sleep 12-18 hours without drenching everything on my bed. A good example of when it's not practical is on a long road trip. I frequently drive down to my best friend's in Tn & stay there as long as I'm needed (I'm the "Production Manager" for his company) as this is an 804 mile drive that on my best day takes at least 11 hours and as long as 19, depending on traffic or anything unforeseen (such as cutting a tire and then, after putting the spare on, cutting another tire!!) which is why I always have basics to bail me out of possible issues when on the road such as a basic set of tools, extra qt or 2 of oil, extra "pre-mixed" antifreeze/coolant, a professional tire plug kit, 12v air compressor that clips directly onto my battery terminals, professional quality (as in these cost almost $150) extra long jumper cables along with spare clothing, blanket/pillow etc.

The closest "issue" I ever had was while pumping gas just after crossing into Tn from Va on 81S. Gas in Tn is substantially less than I'm used to paying in Pa (2nd highest gas taxes in the US) and even much less then Va. I had a woman politely tap me from behind to tell me that I might want to pull my pants up. She was pleasant and not laughing, got in her car and drove away. I felt back and sure enough there had to be 2" or more of my "underwear" sticking out above the waistband on my shorts. Needless to say I invested in onesies afterwards although there was nothing negative about the interaction.

Hope this helps someone out.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonny77, darlingme and joemama

CheshireCat

Neuromuscular Disability
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I wear in public because of incontinence, but I don't show in public ever. It was a lot easier years ago when looser clothing was fashionable again. Cargo shorts/pants being the perfect example of fashionable sloppy wear that made wearing diapers easy without worrying about showing.

Now, looser trousers seem to be relegated to the trades. Otherwise you need to size up and look a bit mis-sized, and then wear a loose untucked shirt to make it appear okay. Oh well. I find it easiest to wear tech sweats nowadays (benefit of retirement). Just loose enough to not see any outline, and a quarter-zip top that makes it to about crotch level.

MetalDan86

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I will sometimes wear in public (don’t show), factoring in for selecting diapers with less crinkle sound and bulk.

Reactions: Jk95 and Diaperpee8

Jorelaxed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I wear 24/7 while out in public and at home.

Reactions: Jim100, ChrisK, Diaperpee8 and 2 others

Forced

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I don’t need to wear but when I get the urge I’ll wear for a few days including going out in public (but not if I’m socializing)

Reactions: ChrisK

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Another 24/7 camp member here , I even wear cloth nappies out and about

Reactions: Floodingpants, Jim100, RoseofThorns and 4 others

K00paTr00pa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I'll wear any diaper in public, just need to cover up first. For extra crinkly diapers it helps having a pair of noisy jingly keys hanging from your belt.

Reactions: chiaochai, ChrisK and Jorelaxed

Pantyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When I first saw the post I thought you meant exposed. Yes I wear a diaper in public without worrying about it. With a pair of compression shorts over them and my normal pants. I wear to work everyday and never think twice about it.

Reactions: Kellycares, ChrisK, satin and 1 other person

Richard101

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Wearing in public is the main benefit - no need to go in search of messy public toilets. There is very little benefit to wearing at home as unsurprisingly I have a toilet !

Reactions: ChrisK and TheBob

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I'm fully continent and also fully confident to wear and wet them in public (with the diaper hidden under clothing), Cloth and disposable. I do not go no. 2 in public though unless I can guarantee not being near other people, not for fear of being caught or lack of confidence but out of respect to other people around me and not wanting to subject them to my choices.

Reactions: darlingme, Dome, Lyric and 1 other person

Jackieinwbpa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
All the time! Is my preferred underwear.

Reactions: Diaperpee8 and Jrodabdl

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I wear 24-7 so always have them on
of course you'd never know it looking at me.
I hide them well

Mickey

Waddling Mouse w/ASD
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I am 24/7 except when visiting family so I wear in public. No one really notices or would care. As long as you don't expose of flaunt a diaper it is pretty much a normal thing. Mine are pretty thick so If you really looked and thought you might come to the conclusion that I was wearing a diaper, but as I said nearly everyone does not care as most will assume IC issues.

Reactions: Jk95, darlingme and SparkyDog

diapernh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I have pretty much been 24/7 for about 6 months at this point. I am ABDL, but my diapers are mainly my underwear.

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Mickey said:
I am 24/7 except when visiting family so I wear in public. No one really notices or would care. As long as you don't expose of flaunt a diaper it is pretty much a normal thing. Mine are pretty thick so If you really looked and thought you might come to the conclusion that I was wearing a diaper, but as I said nearly everyone does not care as most will assume IC issues.
Mine are decently thick
Abena L4
you'd have to be a super sleuth to see them under my pants

Reactions: Jim100 and Diaperpee8

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
All the time and very discreetly too.

oldpppants

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm not IC, but sometimes I wear in public (cloth-backed diapees or big-kid pullups don't make much noise). My jeans may be a bit bulkier but people aren't looking at your butt and if they are, they are are probably also DLs. I don't normally go potty (peepee only, never poopoo) unless I'm on my way home because I don't want to get into a situation I can't control.

BabyDenise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I only wear occasionally and sometimes I will wear when I leave home.

Reactions: darlingme, Diaperpee8 and Jrodabdl

LePew

Staying dry in the city of rain
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Mickey said:
Do you wear thick diapers to work too?