How many of you are going to wear diapers as an adult, adult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyToddler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I have been wearing diapers off and on in my teens years through my mid twenties do to my bedwetting problem and the like of diapers. Now in my mid thirties I have to wear diapers. My bedwetting problem has gotten worst. During the day time is starting to get the little drops but still trying to control it. I might have to wear diapers for the rest of my life. Years down the road I will end up being diapered 24/7. But I still like diapers anyways.

tongo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
When I was younger, I was sure it was a passing thing but nothing regarding my feelings about diapers has changed. What has changed are things like having arthritis so I put them on differently than I used to. Sometimes I'm grateful I was wearing them due to having accidents more often, little stuff like that. My feelings about allot of things have changed over the years but wanting/needing to wear diapers has always been there. Wouldn't want to be without them for too long.

Beloney

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Dido...

I thought I would grow out of it but I have come to terms I will always like them so I am expecting to be wearing them for the rest of my life. I should be asking myself if I will ever wear underwear again

Naota

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I probably still will as it fits into other fetishes quite nicely.

carolinagirl1

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
I never thought I would want to wear them again when I finally stopped wetting the bed at age 14. I don't think it was more than a few months before I went and bought some GoodNights at the store and secretly wore them to bed. I'm 27 now, nearly 28 and while I don't wear 24/7, I can rarely go more than a few days without wearing. It provides me with a sense of security at night which helps me sleep, plus I just love how they feel. I don't foresee myself stopping anytime soon but who knows! I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

5687Agent

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey guys great post, I'm sure like many of us we started to have these urges or desires at a very young age, I cant recall when it started exactly, so lets say 3-5 years of age, I never really thought about the future or how long I would have these feelings, how old I would be an what not.
I'm happy to say as of now, I'm almost 28 years of age, I am very happy and involved in an awesome relationship with my girlfriend, an I'm thinking she is the one I'm going to marry. Having said that and looking and planning into the future, I can still see myself being a diaper lover, I'm ok with that I'm comfortable with the idea, it's strange as a kid the desire to wear was extremely strong, I couldn't help myself I think it was more as (sexual) thing, but now as I have gotten older, for me anyways my diaper desire is more about comfort and a tool to reduce stress and relax and less on the sexual side of things. In the future if I still am a diaper lover at say 40 I'm cool with that and if things change and I no longer need or have the desire to wear then that's cool to.

buridan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Though I don't expect to stop being an AB/DL, and I don't know any AB/DLs who "grew out of it" with age, I do notice a pattern in the age distribution on community websites I belong to.

I'm a member of two AB/DL websites that are primarily for gay and bisexual men. I'm also a member of a website for the gay bondage community. On the bondage site, members' average age seems to be around 40. On the AB/DL sites, members' average age seems to be around 25. (ADISC has a fairly low average age too, but it's not really representative because of its history.) I wonder what explains this difference.

Could it be that people often develop an interest in bondage later in life, but that most people who are into diapers develops that interest by early adolescence? That would explain the large number of middle aged and older men into bondage, but it wouldn't explain the relatively small number of 40+ men on the AB/DL community sites.

Could it be that younger people are more comfortable with edgier kinks and more open to reaching out (online, if not in person) to others who share their kinks? That would explain why there are relatively few 40+ men on AB/DL sites and plenty of 40+ men on the bondage site. Bondage is a more socially acceptable kink. But then, some of the men on the bondage/BDSM site are into some pretty heavy stuff (not just bondage).

Could it be there are actually more AB/DLs in the younger generation than in the older generation? Maybe something about disposable diapers makes children who grew up wearing disposables and seeing other children in disposables more likely to develop a lasting interest in them than children who grew up in a cloth diaper environment. Some reasons disposables might be more fetish-generating: they're more comfortable than cloth diapers when wet, children who wear disposables tend to be toilet trained later, and disposable diapers are advertized on TV.

Could it be something about the gay community in particular? Maybe something about the gay leather community speaks to a lot of gay men who came of age when homosexuality was less socially acceptable. Maybe it doesn't have the same appeal to gay men who came of age more recently. The leather community tends to encourage kinks and fetishes that are compatible with a rough, masculine image. Bondage, SM, leather, and rubber, yes. Diapers and pacis, not so much.

It would be interesting to hear from some of the straight people here whether there's a similar age discrepancy between the AB/DL community and other kink communities. Among gay people, "leather" tends to be an older man's pleasure. Is that true for straight people as well?

Inconinmiss

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I've been dealing with bladder control problems since I experienced a surgical mishap when I was 14 years old. I'm now 70. What has happened for me is that I have learned to accept and enjoy the diapers that I need to wear.

adasterix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Great post. It opens a question that seems to have been hidden and it has sparked a conversation that ought to dispell it.

I'm someone who is as adult an adult as I am ever going to be. While I have to acknowlege that I have been, maybe, hyperconcious of the possibility of seeming creepy, I really haven't really felt that others have seen me that way. So I haven't been aware of the ageism but that could well be because, even as an adult adult, I'm mostly clueless.

Thanks, again, for the post. I hope that now that you have brought it to light the issues you describe go away.

Last edited:

Maxxime

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I'm 35 and I really don't think I'll stop diapers. They are really confortable so why stop ? I don't think it's a young thing !

DLScottsman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
I turn 35 this year and do not see myself getting out of them. I have not posted on this topic sooner because I dislike the use of repeating a word to emphasize the meaning. It is bad lazy English. I guess I am going to have to deal with it as it has made it to the news casters way of talking.

WildRoseBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have met a few ABDLs in their 50s and 60s so it is definitely not something that people grow out of. I will try not to end up as one of those old dudes that chases the young diaper girls and scares them away.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I have met a few ABDLs in their 50s and 60s so it is definitely not something that people grow out of. I will try not to end up as one of those old dudes that chases the young diaper girls and scares them away.

50s and 60s, sure. We all know how impressionable people are at that age. I'm sure by the 90s most will wake up and see this for the folly it is ;)

Thejon

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Ever Since i was little i fantasied about wearing diapers when i was older, around the house and in public

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Well... I've been wearing diapers for most of my 37 years, and I haven't yet sensed any change in my desire to wear them. Will I be wearing at 40? 50? Probably. Can't think of why not, anyway!

TeddyBearCowboy

A real-life, genuine teddy bear cowboy...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
50s and 60s, sure. We all know how impressionable people are at that age. I'm sure by the 90s most will wake up and see this for the folly it is ;)

:laugh::clapping: Trevor, you are indeed hilarious! :laugh::clapping:

By that age, I truly hope that I still want to wear diapers, as I likely will not have a choice.

But then, when I reach my mid-90s I may not remember wanting to wear them. Perhaps I may remember wanting to wear them, but not remember why? Or, I may not remember I wear them and wish that I was wearing them when I really am. Or still, I may remember that I used to want to wear diapers, but can't remember why I wear them then.

But what was that we were talking about? I forget. . . . :detective3

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm 47 years old now and I've been wearing diapers since I was 11. My feelings about diapers are pretty much the same now as they were when I was "young"except that I have more acceptance of my interests. I'm still getting better with that. I didn't have the benefit of adisc when I was growing up with Infantilism so it took forever for me to come to terms with it. I really thought I was a sicko. Nobody not even the psychiatrists understood. Personally I'm glad for the company here and I hope my age isn't seen in a bad light. I'm not alone here with this dark secret of mine. I must admit I felt a little strange being an old timer here but I can see I'm not the only one. Thanks for such a thoughtful post.

MisterRabbit

from the Council of Bunningston
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Other
Ha! This isn't something that goes away! m00t thread! :D

Braddeh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Considering the fact that I am soon going to be reaching a sense of what is called "adulthood" in my life right now, it is too early to say on whether or not I will wear these as an actual Adult. If it happens, it happens.

I won't dictate my body to tell it otherwise on if I should be in diapers when I'm in my 40's, 50's, 60's or above, it'll decide for me over time. And in the end, if it does end up happening, I'll gratefully accept it due to how much I honestly think wearing the white things are :)

Status
Not open for further replies.