How many nappies have you gone through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkeypuzzler

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Was just thinking about roughly how many nappies I had gone through since wearing 24/7 for the past 14 years.

Was quiet surprised with the figure as not something I have ever thought about working out before.

On average I use about 5 per day and over 14 years that comes out to 25,550!

Must think of ways in which I could be more environmentally friendly in other areas to offset the impact of disposable nappies!

SillySwampert

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
I know that I have roughly gone through at least 12 or 13 full packs of diapers ever since I've become more accustomed to my AB/DL tendencies, and those packs carry 10 diapers. So, from the math, that's at least 120 adult sized diapers in, about, 4 years.

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
For the first year of my 24/7 wearing I was averaging 90 plus diapers a month. A little over year ago I switched to AIO's for overnight and cut it to
60 plus a month. Now I've gone to wearing cloth for 2/3 thirds of the day cutting it 30 or so diapers a month. Saving myself money plus helping out
the environment by not sending so many disposables to the landfill.

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Since getting my first diapers back in September I've gone through (meaning actually ''used'' or thrown away without using, something I don't really do anymore) about 23 diapers, both baby and adult. I don't have many chances to buy them, so I make them last.

Last edited:

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
My wearing doesn't follow any strict pattern, so it's difficult to say. Probably at least 100 per year over twenty years, so the low end would be 2,000. I wouldn't be surprised if it were 3,000.

JazzBaby

Just Another Diapered Brony
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Since getting my first diapers in the beginning of last February I've used about 79 diapers. I might be off a bit because I haven't counted how many girls training pants I have left recently. I also like to have my diapers last a while.

DeftLeppard

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Carer
I got my AIO's over xmas and have since only used maybe 20 goodnites. Before that, I probably have used about 150 since I started wearing 5 years ago.

Bigbabybret

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Other
Well,

I'm gestumating about 76,000 being in diapers for 42 years... :)

Paxe

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'd guess around 3000, based on what I remember buying in quantity. This stint of 24/7 is now the longest so far, three months of around 5 changes / day plus some extras, call it 500. Current stash is around 1000 nappies, or in SI units, one kilonappy.

clothdl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
For myself....1344 diapers year and 1008 pull up's for the year

DareYouToMove

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Boy, I really haven't kept track... But, I first started wearing Goodnites right around October of last year, and didn't try actual diapers until a few months later. I only bought bags of diapers once, the rest have all been sample packs due to financial difficulties.

So, if I had to estimate, I would say the number is somewhere in between 25 and 40. I know, not very impressive. :shrug:

caitianx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Was just thinking about roughly how many nappies I had gone through since wearing 24/7 for the past 14 years.

Was quiet surprised with the figure as not something I have ever thought about working out before.

On average I use about 5 per day and over 14 years that comes out to 25,550!

Must think of ways in which I could be more environmentally friendly in other areas to offset the impact of disposable nappies!

I have gone through 2.5X that number, @ 5/day, since 1988.

thehiddenme

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I never thought of it till now> I don't wear all the time so I would say maybe 500 since I was a adult

Monkeypuzzler

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Like people in general, quite a wide range!

Would love to try cloth but can't seem to find anything that would complete with a high absorbency disposable and would have to be an all in one style. All I can seem to find on the internet is pant type things with an absorbent liner that is designed for the odd dribble.

LittleRK

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
It's hard for me to say because lately I have been wearing rather sporadically due to time and budget (hopefully that changes when I graduate in a few days!).

I would guess that I'm somewhere in the 500-1000 range since I started when I was 17. Man... that's a lot of diapers, but comes nowhere close to the cost of smoking! Glad I don't have both habits!

-Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.