Status
Not open for further replies.

RJDodger

Resident Malamute
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I saw a thread on another DL site talking about "diaper imagery that corrupted your childhood." Someone mentioned an episode of Generation O! (which I had never heard of) about bedwetting. A senator wants the main character to sing a song at his campaign rally, and threatens to expose that she wet the bed once, and there's a couple diaper references and a really bad song. I think its a lost episode of House of Cards or something. There's also that one episode of Arthur, which I think we're all familiar with. Anyways, it got me thinking: how many kids shows have had a bedwetting episode, or mentioned it or diapers as a throwaway joke?

Here's a couple links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-BYbXKur44 Arthur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o50Wu42vYE Generation O!

Rugrats did an episode called ''Accidents Happen'' where Chuckie wets the bed and gets put in training pants. Him wetting the bed was also referenced in an earlier episode called ''The Alien,'' where Angelica convinces the others that he's an alien. When they get him to admit his ''secret,'' instead of saying he's an alien he says every baby wets the bed once in a while.

im pretty sure the powerpuff girls had an episode about bedwetting

Sanjay and Craig also has one where the boy and his snake wake up in a wet bed and don't know which one did it. So they attempt to go all day without drinking anything so they don't wet the bed at camp.

The TV show The Middle had a neighbor boy who Sue called "diaper boy" because he often was wearing just a diaper and a t-shirt. He looked to be in middle school. The inference was that he was a teen baby rather than a bed wetter, because he was in a diaper during the day. He appeared in a number of episodes as diaper boy. In fact, he spanned sever years and went from Goodnites to a larger, taped diaper, from what I could tell.

dogboy said:
The TV show The Middle had a neighbor boy who Sue called "diaper boy" because he often was wearing just a diaper and a t-shirt. He looked to be in middle school. The inference was that he was a teen baby rather than a bed wetter, because he was in a diaper during the day. He appeared in a number of episodes as diaper boy. In fact, he spanned sever years and went from Goodnites to a larger, taped diaper, from what I could tell.

That show has a lot of diaper references the newest one being the lil rivals being baby diapers with sports teams logos on the inside and out from what I gather. Just glad I don't watch it together with my dad.

Fire2box said:
That show has a lot of diaper references the newest one being the lil rivals being baby diapers with sports teams logos on the inside and out from what I gather. Just glad I don't watch it together with my dad.

You're right and I remember an early one when Axle was in high school and they had dress like a baby day at his high school. Most of them were in footie jammies.

I saw a bob's burgers with bedwetting.

Spinelli from Disney's Recess was a bedwetter until the fourth grade, there have been more than a few diaper references in both the Simpsons and Futurama, and The Angry Beavers did a "nite biting" episode (or something like that) that was an obvious reference to bedwetting.

dogboy said:
I love that show, and you're right, i don't think i watched the episode you're referring to but i did watch, rather recently actually, one with that boy in diapers (or a pull-up) and his two older brothers, i had to rewind and pause it a number of times to make sure i saw what i think i saw.

Btw, off-topic but the way you said it, made me wonder if the show was over, but no it's still going.

Spy Kids had a fun exchange. Mom says something about the kids coming to help them.
Dad: "Our kids? They're still in diapers."
Mom: "Only one of them is in diapers, and that's only at night."
I thought it gave courage to children who wet the bed that they still can be strong.

Not sure how many of you remember Different Strokes but they had a bedwetting episode. Sam was the bed wetter and Arnold was anything but sensitive about it. Season 7 episode 3.

Firehawk said:
Not sure how many of you remember Different Strokes but they had a bedwetting episode. Sam was the bed wetter and Arnold was anything but sensitive about it. Season 7 episode 3.

I recall seeing at least some of that episode. I also recall an episode where Arnold was talking to one of his friends who told him about a dream he had, where he was a baby lying in a crib and sucking on a pacifier. When he woke up, he'd wet the bed and had to wash his sheets in the middle of the night.

I also remember an episode of George Lopez where his son starts wetting the bed and it turns out he needs surgery. I never really watched that show but probably tuned in because of the bedwetting theme.

KimbaStarshine said:
I also remember an episode of George Lopez where his son starts wetting the bed....

I seem to recall something like that, but I don't remember how it was resolved. I think he started after witnessing something horrific, like a school shooting?

Llayden said:
I seem to recall something like that, but I don't remember how it was resolved. I think he started after witnessing something horrific, like a school shooting?

I don't really remember. I just know they went to the doctor and I think the doctor said he had narrow ureters and needed surgery to correct it.

GunLover94 said:
I saw a bob's burgers with bedwetting.

Jimmy Pesto, Bobs rival is a Diaper Lover. That is in episode Sheesh! Cab, Bob?,

Zendot said:
I love that show, and you're right, i don't think i watched the episode you're referring to but i did watch, rather recently actually, one with that boy in diapers (or a pull-up) and his two older brothers, i had to rewind and pause it a number of times to make sure i saw what i think i saw.

Btw, off-topic but the way you said it, made me wonder if the show was over, but no it's still going.

Yes, the show is still going, and you did see one of the episodes I was referring to. When I first saw it, I was really surprised because they were really out with it, something I've never seen on television before.

There have been several shows where bunk beds are featured where the kid in the lower bunk makes a joke about the kid in the upper bunk wetting the bed. It seems to me one of these was in the last season for the Brady Bunch but I'm not sure.

one of the traits for the girl on my parents are aliens, was that she wet the bed.
not really a "the episode" but something occasionally brought up.
unless it did only happen once and I'm misremembering

There's an episode of As Told By Ginger where Hoodsie drinks hot chocolate before bed, despite Carl's warnings, and wets himself at a sleepover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back