How many good friends know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
Recently I have been very open with counselors and friends about certain things. With the counselors I go into detail about why I feel the need to wear adult diapers and do baby things. They understand my situation and support me in it. They just suggest that I limit extreme behaviors and nurture myself by giving my alter (babymikey as I like to call him) whatever he (I) missed as a toddler. As a toddler I wanted to regress and be back in diapers so I allow it. I just remind mikey when it's time to go potty. My conversations with friends have been limited to disclosing that I am partially incontinent (which in my circumstances is true, though it can be termed 'emotional incontinence') and that I usually need to use "Depends". That seems to be acceptable and my close friends understand the part about my developemental disability. I know that not everyone who has AB/DL desires has them because of a disability but aside from the cause I find that my friends can accept the behavior to a degree.

It warms my heart that I have such good friends! Do you have friends you can talk to about your AB/DL behaviors?

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
two of my friends know but we never talk about it since there's nothing to talk about. However I got tons of AB/DL friends online and I'll mention it to my mom when shes drunk or buzzed mainly to get back at her for being that way.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
One person, but we hardly talk now because it's just too akward. She was fine with it but it's still weird. I almost told my best friend.

Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
Way cool dude, right! whats to talk about? I guess Mikey likes to feel special and he is. Me, I'm just an ordinary average guy. I like that too. Now which do I choose? Mikey is screaming for the attention he missed early in life. I can give him that and I need friends in the meantime. I have a diaper on me most of the time. I feel good when my friends accept it and then move on. There is nothing to discuss. Thank you. Your comment has further simplified the matter. MG

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Way cool dude, right! whats to talk about? I guess Mikey likes to feel special and he is. Me, I'm just an ordinary average guy. I like that too. Now which do I choose? Mikey is screaming for the attention he missed early in life. I can give him that and I need friends in the meantime. I have a diaper on me most of the time. I feel good when my friends accept it and then move on. There is nothing to discuss. Thank you. Your comment has further simplified the matter. MG
There's no reason why your friends should find out you like to use diapers and stuff like that. Granted you will surely get attention but it would be the bad kind. Also I am willing to bet they with either make fun of you for it or hate you for being public with your fetish.

Simply put its not worth it at all.

Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
I do not have a fetish. I have paraphilic infantilism. Which leads to my next thread. Oh and by the way, any one who hates cannot be my friend, nor anyone's really. They might pretend, but I am not interested in pretend friends. I'm not important enough to merit paranoia anyway. My friends are friends. That comforts me. I cannot live in fear Nay! I will not.

paradox54

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
A good number of my close friends know. I've told maybe about ten friends or so, possibly more, and I haven't regretted telling any of them (of course, I only told them after I had known them for years, but it still wasn't easy...). Actually, I'm quite glad that I've shared it with my friends.
None of them have 'made fun of me for it or hated me for being public with it.' Of course, I'm 24, and I didn't really start telling my close friends until I was 22 or so, and they were all generally my age or older, and that probably makes a big difference.
I find that it's really nice to have a friend that I can talk to when I'm having issues with this stuff.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I have told one friend outside the AB/DL community that I wear diapers 24/7. He seemed okay with it... no big deal.

E

Error404

All of 'em. All of them but one are fine with it, and I'm proud to say I think even HE may be fine with it now, I think it was perhaps just the initial shock of it if anything.

Ricochet

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur, Carer
I haven't, and I doubt I will ever tell friends about being a TB. There's too much risk involved in it for my tastes.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I've never told anyone who wasn't already into it. For me, it's mostly a sexual thing, so I don't see any context that's fitting to tell a friend with whom I'm not intimate about what gets me off. I'm thankful that it's not something so bound up with my self-image that I would feel a desire to share it, as I expect it would really conflict with my private nature.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
None of them, though as I have said in other threads, there are some friends I trust enough to tell them. It is just my cowardice stopping me.

Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
Thanks for you posts. I love my friends. We do lots of fun things and none have anything to do with diapers. But because they know I wear them, I don't ever have to worry about them discovering a big "secret".

Mike

T00L

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I told my friend Liz but afterwards we kind of grew apart after she got a new job. I also have told my best friend's girlfriend who i'm very close to.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I told my best friend randomly one day we were at the library. It was actually quite interesting to tell her, showed her my website I had (at the time) and stuff. She's alright with it, and is into some baby stuff herself, like sippy cups and paci's and whatnot, just not the diaper part. She agreed to try it with me because we were going to go meet up with someone, but we didn't end up doing that, and I'm quite glad because that would be a bit awkward.

We don't talk about it anymore. Oh jeez, I told her sister too one night, forgot about that. She's okay with it too, I dun see her much because she lives in Texas now, (she's married and stuffs).

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
I only ever told one freind, other than my parents. She seemed okay with it.

the0silent0alchemist

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
one god friend and a friend of his but both trustworthy. the former, who i will not name. it was the same reason i geared myself up to try to tell my mum, simple pressure and a need to unload something, TELL someone. now telling him was the best thing i have done, hes mature, level headed, and a heart made of.. i dunno, not even gold does it justice. and is always looking out for me, we look pretty similar too, tall dark and handsome ;) i told him just as we were heading into exam periods for year 12. i was guilty of loading a burdan on him and told him that, this was the case. one thing il remembber clearly is we were being given a exiition by the NSW police about driving, and they showed some videos of some crash scenes, when i jus saw one teenaged girl breatheingin ragged gasps, covered in blood, then another was shown, i just.. shut down, and grabbed his hand and closed , and he gave it a slight squeeze. and, well hes like my own jiminy cricket.

DLGrif

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Okay...my situation is different from yours, in that diapers to me is partly a fetish, partly a key to making me feel happy. As there are many other things in my life that make me happy, diapers are now just one more hobby, but one I'll never give up, like gaming. I can go without it indefinitely, but I'd rather not have to.

Having said that, I have told a few people about it. My ex-girlfriend was open-minded and slightly curious. My best friend (who moved to Spain) teased it out of me, but he accepts it as part of me, and asks me how I feel about it now and then in the same way he asks if I've found another girlfriend. Another good friend is the prime example of "curiosity killed the cat", but he doesn't care about it either.

I have many close friends that I would not hesitate to disclose the full truth to, if they asked me, or if the situation called for it. Some may say it's out of shame, but I believe that I shouldn't tell my friends unless I have to, because I don't want to burden them with the knowledge when I have so many other friends to confide in. I know that they'll accept it in a heartbeat, but I don't want to cause them trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.