How many friends do you have

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Being on this site during Memorial Day, it was apparent that a lot of us were on. Since the younger generation is accused of being a stuck at home on the computer generation, or Xbox, etc. I wondered if as a group we have few friends, a few good friends, or socialize a lot.

When I was younger, and on through college, I had just one very good friend, with some auxiliary friends. Because I had no brothers or sisters; having a close friend was really essential to my mental well being.

In college I had that one friend who lived down my street, and a solid group of others. Growing up on the beach, we would go to the boardwalk and have a great time all through the summer.

Now as an adult, I have my family, but that's about it. I have a few other adult friends, but I would never share the things with them, that I did when I was young. How about all of you?

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think it also depends on how you use the word "friend". I tend not to use it too loosly.

I only have about 10 friends, and I'm bffs with 2 of those people. However - I have a lot of acquaintances that I don't mind hanging out with, like going to the mall or downtown.

However, I consider a friend I can call and cry to... or tell them almost everything.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Meh... I might have 1 friend in real life, but it depends on how you use the word "friend." Sometimes I'm not sure if he's really my friend...

Online, I have about 2 friends.

I'm not exactly the most sociable person....

Kams

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
I have four friends who I have been with for years now (one of them for 10 years now) and we couldn't be closer. But then there are about 10 other people who I would consider close friends, and about 50 who I consider to be acquaintances. I can pretty much get a long with everybody, even if I don't like them.

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
Many people seem to consider me a friend, but I do not return those sentiments. I do not have any close friends, where I would call them up and hang out with them. However, on a more peripheral level, I function well with my x-coworkers at the supermarket. And on that level, too, I have gotten to know the gymnasts at my local college. I go to their home meets, plus at least one away meet each year. They always acknowledge me. Even a few alums stop and chat every so often.

I was part of a soccer supporters group, The Steel Army, for a bit, but it's too expensive to go downtown to the pub they meet at, so I havent been for months.

But my social life mainly is bulletin boards like this, and most of the time, I forget I am replying to a person, and not just a post. There are a few folks on here I'd love to meet, but that does not mean we'd become friends by any stretch.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I guess I did mean close friend or reasonably close friend, as opposed to social friend, but both count. I always had only one close friend, and then there were all the others.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I have some good friends that i've known for 5 yrs know but I have a group that i'm always with when i'm at school. Thee are 6 of us together and we are really close. ^_^

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I have lots of friends...Although they wouldn't be people I exactly go out and do things with...I only do that with a few people...I talk to some more people...And then there are people that I know, and be with if there is no one else left

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I don't really know. I really have no one I consider a friend. I talk to people, and get along with them, but don't really have any friends. The closest thing i have to a real friend is actually in my opinion an adult that lives up the street from me. But i don't even talk to him much any more.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
i have one real life friend, but most people i talk to are on aim and on there i have about seven usuals that i talk to.

Neonite

Tinyflower Bouquet // 🌂🌸🌼💮🌙
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Other
I have a lot of friends online, and I have a couple groups of friends that I hang out with in school. n.n

Silikon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
A lot of acquaintances (put it this way, I have at least one person in all my classes at school I can talk to) and some casual friends (hang out every now and then). Of Florida and Vegas I have about 5 close friends (people I can tell stuff lol).

Roland

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I have about 4-5 good friends (One's I can talk about serious things) and quite a bunch of people I go out with.
Online? Well, 2-3 that I can consider 'friends' (As in I can have a serious talk). As a matter of fact, my messenger list consists mostly of people I know in real life, and we usualy end up making arrangements to go out through it!

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Maybe a handful,
1 at school
1 at home
1 which moved and we rarely have contact
and 1 online
So 4.

But I have a bunch of people I wouldn't classify as friend but are nice people (mostly online though).

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
Well this is a broad question because everyone has their own definition of what constitutes a friend.

That being said i don't prefer to put a number to the number of friends i have. I see it as a meaningless number that shouldn't need to be kept track of. I have a group of friends that i hang out with and ill leave it at that.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
None. None that I'm in recent contact with, anyway. We all just kinda gradually stopped talking regularly after graduation.

I have friends online though. I talk to a few of them over the phone sometimes.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I don't really know. I really have no one I consider a friend. I talk to people, and get along with them, but don't really have any friends. The closest thing i have to a real friend is actually in my opinion an adult that lives up the street from me. But i don't even talk to him much any more.
I had an adult friend when in college. She was the mother of one of the friends in the beach crowd, and we could all talk to her. She was actually an art teacher in the high school, and one of those cool people, at least in our eyes. Of course there were at least two things in my life that I could not talk to her about, one of those being obvious.

I guess I was hoping that we all get out a little bit and just don't hang around at home all the time in front of a computer. I think everyone needs some social interaction.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
2 in real life, about 6 or 7 others I talk to but I don't consider friends (or more accurately I stopped when they treated me like dirt)

I don't really have a social life, and I haven't been round here enough to consider anybody a friend (yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.