• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

How many are we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Just pondering things... and looking at alexa traffic rankings....

Just curious about doing an estimation about the entire worldwide AB/DL/TB community. Any news on how many unique hits are on this website mods??

Considering the numbers that I have looked at we are at least +1 million.

and thats a drop in the bucket considering total worldwide population.

ahem... :thinking:

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
a few of us did some research into this question a while ago, and we were able to calculate some rough estimates of the population of AB/DLs. i've taken the liberty of disinterring the information and encorporating it into a wiki article:

Population of AB/DLs - ADISC Answers Wiki

it's not a finished article, and it could definitely stand to be fleshed out with other lines of inquiry. still, i hope it answers some questions.

Role
Diaper Lover
Why is there a stigma against stickies on this forum? We could sticky subjects like this, or we can keep refreshing them with a new post every few months, it doesn't really matter to me, just a suggestion.

Puppyluvs

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
Nice article Avery, seems well thought through :)

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Excellent job Avery. Of course, not everyone is one Aby.com. ADISC is the only site that I'm on for example. It took a lot of courage for me to come on, actually. I'm well known in my community, and I didn't really trust the net, but I took a leap of faith. I'm glad I did, as this site has really helped me understand myself. For most of my life, I would have not understood what an ab/dl was. I just knew what I was driven to do. Before the internet, I thought I was a rare freak. Now I live with self acceptance.

Role
Other
Excellent job Avery. Of course, not everyone is one Aby.com. ADISC is the only site that I'm on for example. It took a lot of courage for me to come on, actually. I'm well known in my community, and I didn't really trust the net, but I took a leap of faith. I'm glad I did, as this site has really helped me understand myself. For most of my life, I would have not understood what an ab/dl was. I just knew what I was driven to do. Before the internet, I thought I was a rare freak. Now I live with self acceptance.
I understand how you feel, before I found a mention of it in a Penthouse Letters magazine, I thought I was a unique freak, then a rare freak (in a bizarre twist all of the letters I found and read were from women, so I figured it was a mostly or entirely female fetish). The only difference was that I always accepted that that was who I was.

Rosy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
UGH! IF ONLY!!! Haha! I sooo wish!
Your reaction makes me think that you feel like there's less women interested? Or am I picking it up wrong? Is there a known gender difference for this fetish? I'm really new to this, so I'm just curious.

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Your reaction makes me think that you feel like there's less women interested? Or am I picking it up wrong? Is there a known gender difference for this fetish? I'm really new to this, so I'm just curious.
Yup, there's a lot more males than females interested in this fetish. According to wikipedia there's an estimated range from 10 to 20 male AB/DLs per female AB/DL.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Yup, there's a lot more males than females interested in this fetish. According to wikipedia there's an estimated range from 10 to 20 male AB/DLs per female AB/DL.
Yes rosy, Jabo and wiki is pretty dead on with that estimate. To make it even worse for straight guys just to make us even feel more hopeless than that statistic, about half of the girls are lesbian (Since I noticed your status, no offense, but still does not change the fact it sucks ass for us)....sooo really that comes down to about 5% of ab/dl's are straight or bi girls.

Z

Zeit

I think you'll never really get a good figure for this sort of thing since there's probably a ton of people that engage in this without considering themselves a part of the community.

It's probably the same for any sexual question that you could ask like for example... How many gay people are there in the world? Aside from those who are out, there's those in the closet, those who don't have access to internet, those that refuse to admit it...

It's difficult to get good figures but I can definitely see how males might be dominate to this sort of thing.

Rosy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Yes rosy, Jabo and wiki is pretty dead on with that estimate. To make it even worse for straight guys just to make us even feel more hopeless than that statistic, about half of the girls are lesbian (Since I noticed your status, no offense, but still does not change the fact it sucks ass for us)....sooo really that comes down to about 5% of ab/dl's are straight or bi girls.
Wow I had no idea! The few people I've met who are into ageplay etc have been female so I just assumed it was a fairly even divide. Damn that must really suck for you guys! :(

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Damn that must really suck for you guys! :(
That is kind of a understatment, sucks ass, and depressing is more accurate. Thanks for acknowledging our struggle, i guess.

EDIT: Oh yeah and the reason you have talked with a few girls is because, girls online into this stuff hide themselfs from guys. In other words if their bi or straight girls they will either pretend to be guys or pretend to be lesbians in their profile, just so the perverted guys won't bomb their inbox with nasty and annoyning messages. So on top of like 5% of the abdl population being bi or straight girls, half of those ignore or hide themselfs from guys online. So they just make it 100 times worse, like some girls on here. But I won't mention names since I am a nice guy.

D

daria7483

I always wonder though, is it really that there are significantly fewer women, or is it just that women are less likely to get on sites like this, and less likely to be active members? Because every AB/TB/DL female I've ever talked to has agreed that nearly every time we go to forums or chat rooms or whatever and the others there figure out we're female, they're on us like my cats on freshly cooked chicken breast. Fortunately this site seems to be above that, and I think it dies down a bit as I get older anyway, but it is annoying.

dentedwheel

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I always wonder though, is it really that there are significantly fewer women, or is it just that women are less likely to get on sites like this, and less likely to be active members? Because every AB/TB/DL female I've ever talked to has agreed that nearly every time we go to forums or chat rooms or whatever and the others there figure out we're female, they're on us like my cats on freshly cooked chicken breast. Fortunately this site seems to be above that, and I think it dies down a bit as I get older anyway, but it is annoying.
I think men are more apt to seek and find sites that deal with their sexuality. I really feel that most women are extremely introverted when it comes to this stuff. It's a shame really. I doubt that any online presence is unrepresentative of the true population. When I first started looking up this subject online 10 years ago, I was disheartened to discover how perverted the AB/DL lifestyle seemed to be. I could not relate. Now with more and more people online willing to talk about these things honestly. I see that many share the same comfort feelings that I have.

The point is at least for now doing a google search to determine the actual numbers of people genuinely interested in this isn't going to get you any accurate numbers, unless you count pasties.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy

That amount of people

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I always wonder though, is it really that there are significantly fewer women, or is it just that women are less likely to get on sites like this, and less likely to be active members? Because every AB/TB/DL female I've ever talked to has agreed that nearly every time we go to forums or chat rooms or whatever and the others there figure out we're female, they're on us like my cats on freshly cooked chicken breast.
I agree daria, well to a certain extent. I think there are more women into this than what the internet shows, but I still strongly believe there is a lot less women into it. I am aware men do this to girls online, I noticed it first hand when I joined dia-per space a few months back. To be honest it disgusts me that so many ab/dl males would represent us like that. Even worse it depresses me because it affects me and all the other sweet and intelligent male abdl's because now all abdl guys online have a slim to none chance of finding a abdl girl, way less than 1% chance. So trust me ladies, it not only annoys you, it annoys us just good guys just as much! In fact even makes me angry about it!

I think men are more apt to seek and find sites that deal with their sexuality. I really feel that most women are extremely introverted when it comes to this stuff. It's a shame really. I doubt that any online presence is unrepresentative of the true population. When I first started looking up this subject online 10 years ago, I was disheartened to discover how perverted the AB/DL lifestyle seemed to be. I could not relate. Now with more and more people online willing to talk about these things honestly. I see that many share the same comfort feelings that I have.
Good job dentedwheel, I think you hit the other factor of why less women are known to be in the abdl community. It is not because their introverted, but introverted sexually. No matter what kind of girl you are, and no matter how out going you are, girls simply do not speak widely about their sexual preferances, specially rare fetishes.

I know for a fact that there are tons of girls out there, thousands just with in the US that have urges and fantasies of wearing diapers and/or being babied but they do not go to the internet for it. For several reasons, most think they are 1 of a kind freak so they would not even try to find it online because they do not think it would be online. Another reason is they are petrified to put their deepest darkest secret out online for others to see, in fear of being discovered by people she knows in her local area. The last and finl reason is the reason daria touched on....the ones who do have enough guts and courage to get online and do some research to find others end up being scared away by perverts and pedo's.

Good job you two! You two hit it right on the nail! Those factors greatly distort the female population online. For example on diaper space there are 20,040 members of both genders together, and only 3,067 of those are girls. That calculates out to be 15.3% of the population being girls. So after talking about te factors of why that is so low online, if you consider in the factors I would say the real percent of females in the abdl population would be about 30-35%. That includes all females online, and all females who will not share their abdl side online, and all females who refuse to tell anyone about it including online (closet abdls includes ones that act on their urges and even ones who do not act on their urges).

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
Going by the statistics given and estimated, I would assume my case is rare.

I'm a bi-curious girl and I have a straight friend that's a girl in real life. And were both DLs.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
Going by the statistics given and estimated, I would assume my case is rare.

I'm a bi-curious girl and I have a straight friend that's a girl in real life. And were both DLs.
you are alone..... My god freek. Jk

but it is not that common.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Just two - me and the other person who has no life and has 2,000 accounts on here! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.