How long does it take you...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talula

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Ok, as an aside note from the when do you shower thread, I was just wondering how long it takes everyone to get ready, from having a shower to being ready to go (out, or to bed)?

I can shower/bath, shave legs and underarms, dry and staighten hair and get dressed in 18 minutes, with the two minutes left from twenty to run around the house trying to find a cereal bar for breakfast/my purse/keys/phone/school books/anything else I've lost since the night before.

What about everyone else?

Oh btw, I'm a girl, it might help to specify that if you reply. (mainly because im interested!)

cation

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, , Carer
I've never timed myself but I would guess at about 8 minutes since I don't have to shave (beard) and I know where my keys are at all times (anal-retentive)

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I don't shower in the morning but from getting out of bed, getting dressed, eating breakfast (usually an orange or cereal bar) and getting my stuff togeather is about 15 and then i'm out the door.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
If I actually have to be somewhere, then I'll take a shower for...At least 10-20 minutes, then I'll sit in my room doing nothing for a couple minutes. I'll finally get up and put on my clothes and leave in like 5 minutes. If I don't have anywhere to be, then it could take over an hour to get out of bed, I'll then go on the computer for another hour to a couple hours. If I feel like taking a shower, then I'll take a 15min or so one. Then I'll put on clothes and leave my room.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
8min shower (average, on a work day) + 2min after shower drying, etc + 2min brushing teeth + 3min shaving(if I shave that morning) + 2min getting dressed / finding clothes = ...

17 minutes... and yet I'm still usually late for work! >_<

D

daria7483

I usually shower at night, and I'm supposed to be at work (which is right down the street) by 8, so this is how my morning goes:
6:30: alarm goes off, hit snooze button twice
6:50 concede defeat and get out of bed
6:50-7:15: Feed the cats, make/consume breakfast, which is usually cereal or oatmeal and a banana, make/consume coffee, finish making lunch
7:15-7:30: Continue drinking coffee, pick out clothes to wear and get dressed while petting cat
7:30-7:50: Finish coffee, brush teeth, do hair, apply makeup
7:50: Grouse about no matter how daggone early I get up I'm still always late, put shoes and coat on, walk/catch bus/bug boyfriend for ride to work

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
If I'm including a shower...

20 minutes for a shower, 15 minutes to shave, 15 minutes to blow-dry hair, 10 minutes to style hair, 10 minutes for make-up, and 15 minutes to get dressed.

If I showered the night before, just 10 minutes to style hair, 10 minutes for make-up, and 15 minutes to get dressed.

So generally - it takes me about an hour and a half - half hour to get ready.

Although there is all the wait time in between, I usually give myself 2.5hrs to get ready to go somewhere, at least two hours...

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]If I wake up of my own accord, about 20 minutes. If I'm woken up, I'm not right for ages so one hour plus.[/font]

Role
Private
If I'm in a hurry, I can shower in 4 minutes and brush my teeth in 1, and pull on clothes in 1.

So, in "panic mode" - 6 minutes, but I'll be fuzzy.

If I am not in an especially big hurry, I'll shower for 15 minutes, brush my teeth and shave in the shower, and spend a few minutes finding and pulling on clothes. Say about 20 minutes, maybe 25 if I'm luxuriating in the shower (if it's COLD outside, or if I have an idea I want to develop in the shower).

doubledbbw

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
It takes me around 20 to 25 minutes from when I wake up and until I get dressed and have my breakfast. I have to do the 3 Ss S***, Shower and Shave. Then get dressed and eat breakfast and then its off to work. On most mornings I check my Emails from over night too. On the weekends I am not in a big hurry to hit the shower(rain locker) so I usually remain in my wet night diapers for a while after getting out of bed. :smile1:

redtails

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer, Other
I have set myself a 45 minute limit, otherwise I'll miss my bike/train/bus. Eating usually takes the longest, like 30 minutes for 2 slices of bread, because I can't get anything through my throat the last couple of months. The remaining minutes is for everything else.. brushing teeth, getting dressed, finding my schoolbag and putting books and computer in it

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
About 25 mins for me. 15 mins in bath, 5 mins to get padded , and 5 to get dressed . so yep about 25-30 min.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
Ok, as an aside note from the when do you shower thread, I was just wondering how long it takes everyone to get ready, from having a shower to being ready to go (out, or to bed)?

I can shower/bath, shave legs and underarms, dry and staighten hair and get dressed in 18 minutes, with the two minutes left from twenty to run around the house trying to find a cereal bar for breakfast/my purse/keys/phone/school books/anything else I've lost since the night before.

Oh btw, I'm a girl, it might help to specify that if you reply. (mainly because im interested!)
Holy cow! Every night I shower, shave legs, underarms, etc., blow dry and straighten my hair and it takes me about 50 minutes. Maybe it's 'cause I'm tired and I like to relax in the shower. I'm a girl as well.

Rational

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Every day is diffrent for me. Alarm starts to blair its horrid tones at me at 5:30. I get up at like 6:00. Get in the shower at like 6:01 get out at like 6:16.Get dressed which takes me 30 senonds . Get crap together from previous night. Brings me to like 6:30. Hygiene up 6:40. Chill and wake up till 6:55. At 6:55 go out for bus.

Last edited:

Hans

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
about 30 mins, I tend to take longer in the shower to loosen up since I always sleep the wrong way, I constantly wake up with stiff joints. My hair takes at least 10 minutes to dry. On really cold/shitty days I can take up to an hour.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Wow, all I can say is that you guys are quick. It takes me a solid hour and a half from the time I'm out of bed until I'm out of the house in the morning. A typical morning routine goes something like this:

5:50 - Alarm #1 - this is the clock radio - HIT SNOOZE!
6:00 - Alarm #2 - this is the buzzer alarm on my clock radio - HIT SNOOZE AGAIN!
6:10 - Alarm #3 - this is one of the three alarms on my cell phone, this is just a gentle noise. Hit snooze on cell phone, also hit snooze on alarm clock
6:20 - Alarm #4 - this is a slightly more annoying ring from my cell phone, I hit the various snooze buttons yet again
6:30 - Alarm #5, Yes, I actually have 5 different alarms to wake up, its terrible, I know. This is a very loud, abnoxious buzzer. At this point I actually get out of bed and turn on coffee maker.
6:40 - drink first cup of coffee and watch weather channel
6:50 - deal with morning bathroom needs, I won't go into details here.
7:00 - drink second cup of coffee, continue to watch weather channel.
7:10 - Brush teeth, shower, shave
7:30 - drink third cup of coffee - continue to watch weather channel even though I am already well aware of what the weather will be like.
7:40 - Iron shirt for the day - if necessary - I sometimes do this the night before.
7:50 - Get dressed - this is actually one of the quickest things of my morning routine
8:00 - out the door.

And yeah, I'm a guy in case any of you were wondering, given the extreme length of my morning routine.

Triforceformer

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
5 or less minutes to wake up, get dressed, get money for lunch, pencil for school work, useless school i.d,and my books all ready.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
My alarm clock goes off at 6:20AM. I make coffee, brush my teeth, pee or remove diaper & do wipees if wearing, do my morning exercises, get dressed, fill my thermos, OJ & vitamin, gather my lunch laptop & thermos and go down to the garage. I put my stuff in the car, fill the soft tire, reset the furnace and add some fuel. It's a 5 minute drive to work and another 5 to makethe timeclock by 7:00 AM.

Short version, 1/2 hour.

Nam

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Ok, here's my specific morning :p

5:55am - Alarm clock goes off, plays radio at nice volume...I lay in bed and sort of sleep
6:20am - Cell phone alarm clock goes off - loud and scritchy BYOB by SOAD - go to bathroom to pee and shower
6:31am - Go back to bed :)
6:50am - 2nd cell phone alarm goes off - same loud SOAD song - pour some cereal and juice, go on computer and read news, browse forums, etc...
7:05am - Go to bathroom: brush teeth, gel hair, shave(sometimes)
7:12am - Grab lunch and run around looking for cell phone (usually fell behind my bed...)
7:17am - Run out the door - start work at 7:30!
7:35am - Arrive at work...late as usual...

Dude84

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
It does vary somewhat, but i'll follow the 'SetraExample' (TM!) [note, the following is based on one of the days when i'm more physically able]:

0830 - Alarm clock blares out something or other (random track from phone playlist)
0845 - Actually get out of bed
0850 - Have something to eat, sometimes
0900 - Crucial morning smoke
0915 - Shower
0925 - Do other stuff (shave etc)
0950 - Get dressed
1020 - Do whatever exciting things I have planned for the day...

It can sometimes take me longer; if i'm really not doing well, it can take me three hours to shower and get dressed, it does vary alot.

So now, who's going to start a discussion on how long it takes people to go to bed? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.