How long before a change is necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
I've been wondering if I could go a while without changing, while wet. I don't want to mess because it could cause serious diaper rash. But, I don't think any harm would come from staying wet, no?

How long, at an absolute maximum, do you think I could go, with a fully soaked diaper (bambino) without being changed?

I'm thinking 2-3 days.. (yeah, I'm :heiscrazy:)

audio file

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
idk I have been all night in a wet makeshift and when I woke up I was fine but the toilet paper I used as a soaker was dry by then

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Warm + damp, will cause bacteria to breed, everybody knows that... An hour or 2 is fine, 2 or 3 days isn't. You'll make yourself sick. Also, don't think that you'l not get a serious rash by not messing, you're still going to get an extremely bad rash from sitting in your own piss for 3 days...

Z

Zeit

Smells like a bad idea to me... no really, ammonia smells really bad and it can do terrible things to your skin after 2-3 days of direct exposure to your skin. I'd say you'd give in after no more than 6 hours, thats when the rash will really be bugging you, methinks...

James

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I think at the most 2-3 hours, After that it would get uncomfortable.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Okay, thanks for the input! I was really unsure about this.

What I was also thinking that if this wasn't a good idea, was to take a shower and let plain old water absorb into the diaper, and then spend the rest of the night and overnight in it.

Better idea?

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
If you use lotion before you diaper up, then the only thing that would be forcing you to change would be the level of absorbancy in your diaper. I only change when my diaper is about to leak. To find out how much your diaper can hold before it leaks, just keep wearing it till it does leak, and take an observation of how much pee was inside it at the time of the leak. Then you'll know how long you can stay in a diaper before changing.

You shouldn't get a rash if you use Vaseline, or Baby Lotion pre diapering, and when changing. A little powder will help with the smell too, (if there is any). I don't really notice the smell of pee, but i'm sure others do sometimes. It also depends on what you drink during the day. As for poop, you shouldn't stay in a messy diaper for longer than an hour. Not only does it stink up your room, but you could get a Hemeroid from sitting in a messy diaper for too long. I haven't gotten one yet, but i heard they're rather unpleasent.

Hope this helps,

-DBB

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Half a day maximum, I'd say.
I've worn diapers for half a day, leaving in the morning and returning in the evening. By the time I took them off, they usually smelled pretty bad (and not from #2!), and the smell was enough to tell me that the local bateria population in my diaper was having a huge party! I don't want to think about the smell and health hazard from a diaper that's been on my butt for 24 hours or more.

Peachy

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I would have to say 24 hours max for safety/health reasons and around 12 hours for comfort reasons... In all honesty 12 hours or so is a good upper limit for being wet.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I've worn a Abri X-plus for 24 hours once... it came apart after that.

Typically my diapers leak long before I get tired of being in them.

I do wear Bambinos to work... and don't change till I get home. 8am-6pm. I use a good amount of powder... never had a problem with rashes.

I certainly wouldn't reccomend going 3 days though... I don't think a disposable could really hold up that long... plus you'd be leaking after the first.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Well from my expeirance I would say that 2 hours and less while wet is not going to cause any rash problems. Although you defiantly need to maye sure you get extra clean down there. :laughing:
Maybe even 3 hours you would be okay while wet, but I would make that the absolute maximum but suggest to stay within the 2 hour ranges.

Have fun!

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
To answer the question in the title....... it depends on the diaper, but basically you need a change when the diaper is leaking, or is unbearably stinky, or the tapes don't hold anymore, or if for any reason it has become uncomfortable to stay in it.

The longest time I've stayed in the same diaper lately must have been something around 20 hours, diapering on late saturday afternoon (6 p.m.), then hanging out in the evening with friends, sleeping in it till noon and changing after lunch (2 p.m.). It was - as usual - an Abriform X-Plus with an Abri Let maxi booster in it and plastic pants over it (I've explained this diaper combination so many times I should ask Abena some money for advertisement :biggrin:).

When I'm diapered this way, I tend to change only when the diaper is REALLY full and starts leaking in the plastic pants. If I do this for some days consecutively, my butt starts itching... and I guess it means it doesn't exactly like the idea of being wrapped in a wet diaper for 20 hours. And you can get a rash also from staying in a diaper that is only wet.

Depending on how much you pee, I think you could stay 24 hours or maybe slightly more in the same diaper, possibly with a booster. I don't last that much because I drink a lot, also to avoid my pee being too concentrated, smelling badly and hurting my skin, and that's why I always recommend to drink much water: it is always healthy, expecially when you're in diapers! Of course you'll need to change more often, but (at least for me) half of the fun of being in diapers is using them. :cool:

Another thing you'll want to do is using some kind of lotion or cream, I usually put some cream on my skin to keep it from being irritated by pee, the amount of it is proportional to the time I intend to stay without changing.

Anyway, if you're really determined to stay in diapers for 2 or more days (and get a rash almost for sure no matter how much lotion, powder or cream you use) the best "diaper configuration" I can suggest you is, from the inside to the outside....

- booster
- VERY GOOD DIAPER, with cuts in the plastic backing
- booster
- VERY GOOD DIAPER, possibly one size larger than the other
- plastic pants

For any further day you want to endure in this self-sacrifice to the DiaperGod, add one more diaper over the second one and make cuts in the plastic backing of the one that remains under.

Of course I suppose you plan not having to go out of your house or having people around in those 2+ days... because you'll stink quite a bit.

Anyway, have fun! :tongueout:

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
If you want to set some kind of record... you could always use cloth... you can have as many layers as you want... provided that you have plastic pants that are large enough.

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
Well I don't have much experience but if you think about it, people can wear diapers to bed, wet the bed and wake up in the morning without any problems from being in a diaper too long. So it must be okay to stay in one for at least a whole night... say, 12 hours.

I don't know how much longer than this would be alright, but if you wanted you could always find out what the limit is. Each time, go a little bit longer without a change. And then keep going for longer and longer until it starts to get a little uncomfortable and then stop there.

Sly Fox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur,
I don't recomend wearing a fully drenched diaper for 2-3 days...1 is streching it... *Shrugs* its diffrent for everyone... you got to take into consideratoin how sensative your skin is, if you use powder,cream, etc... If you stay in a wet diaper, you can get a little raw after a couple of hours (or i do atleast) so i don't suggest it... but everyone is diffrent i recon.

also...wearing soaked diapers (considering that they don't leak) can be unhealthy for long periods of time... (bacteria) also the smell stinks...

welp, theres my 2 cents.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
I plan on showering in one, allowing the diaper to absorb to it's capacity. Then Sarah will do the same thing... Or at the same time (?) we haven't decided yet...

We might do that instead of wetting... would probably be better in the interest of our health, not to mention probably somewhat fun considering it would be full to the max without any effort on our end!

SnowPrincessSophie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
I've been able to stay all night an a soaked 1, and an hr or so in a messy 1. Guess what?? No rashes. I don't know why but I'm somehow super resistant.

dirtbike4x4

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've worn a mustly full diaper to bed a couple of times with out any problems, but a couple of days?? Even if you wear enough diapers to absorb and hold all your pee and poop for 3 days and put on the most powder and lotion possible, your skin is bound to rebel by breaking out in a rash cause it doesn't like to be moist and hot all the time. Plus the ammonia in pee thats been broken down not only smells bad but will eat away at your skin. Its your crotch and your skin, so do what you want, but as for me i'm going to stick to wearing a diaper for not more than a night.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
I honestly think that you would have no problem going 24 hours in a wet diaper. I have done this a couple of times and have had no negative consequences from this you plan on doing number 2 this is a totally different story. More than 3-4 hours and you are going to get a painfull rash. And remember, every ones sensitivity to diaper rash is different, so just use your common sense. If you feel yourself starting to get a rash, its time to cleanup and change.

Status
Not open for further replies.