How I survive the night as a side sleeper without leaking

se7en

always padded
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
With this post I want to encourage the male part of this community at least to give it a try 🙂

Since I'm using it I have more or less zero leaks during the night.

This technique was invented by some (obviously clever) Japanese/Chinese people and does exist for more than a decade.

So all you need is your diaper of choice and 2 inserts.

One insert is placed as normal. The second is shaped into a funnel that is closed at the bottom.

Put your male part (without balls) in there and tape up as usual.

I would be happy if it helps you as much as it does me

Greets,
se7en

@2:40

Last edited:
Reactions: Avi8tor, PetPuppyAlex, picrthis and 4 others
...looking forward to your feedback 🙂

Last edited:
this is a good thing to try!

Hope you like it!

In my point of view the concept behind this technique -> phunnel catches urin, transports it delayed and more evenly due to the good wicking characteristics to the 2nd insert which also spreads it within the whole 2nd insert and from there into the diaper is as simple as it is ingenious! This also ensures that the capacity of the diaper is well used from front to back.

I don't think I need to mention it explicitly, but as a precaution I would like to point out that the insert should have as little superabsorber as possible and a high rate of pulp.

Speaking about dimensions:

I'm using some 60*15 inserts

Last edited:
I normally use one booster or pad so I just wrapped my member in the pad. No leaks when sleeping on my side, so I'd say this is good advice!

Reactions: EcoIncon and se7en
Sorry to hear that man... ☹️
Sounds like something went wrong...I'm a little confused by that now.🤔 What brand are you using? I've done this so far with Betterdry/Tena Original+ Maxi+Ultima/Molicare Maxi/Rearz Dinosaurs on a regular basis and didn't experienced something similar...like I said, there must have been something wrong...However...thank you for giving it a try and sorry for the inconvenience 😏

@MailCat581 I'm a very engaged personality and couldn't get this fail out of my head. 😂 So yesterday evening I tried to force it. Tena Maxi, Full bladder, lying on my stomach. Everything went alright.

Allright 🙂

jellyjigger said:
I normally use one booster or pad so I just wrapped my member in the pad. No leaks when sleeping on my side, so I'd say this is good advice!
I've used the same method for years and it works well. I'll put in a plug for cloth diapers that wrap all the way around also do a good job of wicking side leaks so they don't end up on your sheets.

During the daytime, I wear a booster or pad in the usual "women's-panty" position with my member pointing down into it, while wearing a standard plastic medical diaper. This combo almost always prevents leaks unless I really ignore my need to change. I never really thought about it until this post, but I usually have leaks at night using the same combo and I am a side sleeper.

I would now recommend to males, if you do wear a booster/pad at night, DO NOT wear your booster/pad in the usual position. Wrap your member in the pad instead (regardless of the way you point it) and I'd think you'll catch more urine than in the other position. This should reduce possibilities of leaks more.

Reactions: jdinvirginia, AJFan2020 and se7en

These diaper covers.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: picrthis and EcoIncon
TeddyUrsadorable said:

These diaper covers.
Never had heard of these - they look awesome! Thanks for posting the link.

The website kinda sucks that it doesn't have sizing information.. I only know the fitment of the 2XL and 3XL.

2XL: waist 45-50, hip 50-54
3XL: waist 51-56, hip 55-60

In Germany they're called diaper skirt. But to be honest I'm pretty sure they will be too hot (at least for me)

Is another option.

I wonder if this would work with a baby diaper. I'll try this tomorrow. Better dry/crinklz work pretty well most nights for me, but I still sometimes leak

I feel I have to comment, even though I am in no way qualified to comment as I think these problems are quite different for those of us with female plumbing, but I also only really use cloth diapers these days. But to me, that could also be an answer for some; cloth diapers, with strategically placed stuffers. I know I sometimes would leak with disposables because I am also a side sleeper. But leaks seem to be so much easier to avoid with cloth nappies. I make my own, as they are quite simple to do. But even if you are buying them, make sure you buy those with big wings, particularly at the back, as these are the wings that come around your thighs, and being cloth the whole garment is absorbent, not like a disposable which just has the hour glass shape in the middle. But in my own home made ones I have even made sure the sides have double or triple layers, as I know the wee always tries to puddle there during the night. I also use stuffers, but even just a handtowel will do (if you don’t mind sacrificing a hand towel for this important work!), and I can stuff those either neatly or sometimes I just cram them in the crotch of the nappy, as this just gives more volume. Of course, this makes the whole nappy (diaper) really bulky, but who doesn’t want that at night, it is not like during the day, when you are trying to hide the fact you are wearing under adult clothing! I can’t see why you couldn’t do the same with a disposable or if you have boy plumbing down there, you could wrap everything up in the hand towel and then just put your disposable over the top. Hand towels and cloth nappies are easy to wash and dry, and I should know, every single day my clothes line is full of them!!

Reactions: Zeke, JohnQDiaper and jdinvirginia
Back