How hard is it for a non-DL to deliberately wet themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elbs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
First, I'll say that I have no idea which forum this should be in, so if it's the wrong place for this, I'm sorry, and I hope a mod can move it for me. Secondly, this is for a story I'm writing. This is the first time I have asked for fact-checking help for a story with fetish themes, and I'm kinda embarrassed and ashamed of it. So be gentle.
Anyway, in this story a guy gets kidnapped by a woman with a 'Mommy' fetish (not sure if it's the right terminology - she wants to turn him into an adult baby and be his mommy). She puts a diaper on him with a locking chain mail diaper cover, and also locks the bathroom door, so he has no choice but to wet his diaper. (There's other elements involved, but they're not relevant to this question.)
My question is, if he decides that it's in his best interests to wet deliberately to avoid punishment, is he likely to find it difficult to make himself actually do it? What would be a 'typical' non-DL reaction here, and what would indicate that he's possibly either a DL or at the other end maybe shy bladder issues?

A lot of first-timers have difficulty wetting. It's not a problem for everyone but it's not unusual. In those cases, usually standing in front of the toilet or sitting on it can be helpful. Running water, particularly over the hands seems to make it easier.

I'm unsure as to any major difference between DLs and non-DLs since we rarely get to talk to people who aren't in diapers voluntarily or at least used to it. Maybe some incontinent folks who don't enjoy them could answer better.

I've long suspected that if you could remove the social negativity toward diapers, more men (men in particular just due to anatomy) might find them an occasionally enjoyable sex toy, even more so after the diaper is wet. Unfortunately, I don't see any good ways to test my suspicion, since I'm not about to go kidnap randomly sampled subjects for testing.

Elbs said:
First, I'll say that I have no idea which forum this should be in, so if it's the wrong place for this, I'm sorry, and I hope a mod can move it for me. Secondly, this is for a story I'm writing. This is the first time I have asked for fact-checking help for a story with fetish themes, and I'm kinda embarrassed and ashamed of it. So be gentle.
Anyway, in this story a guy gets kidnapped by a woman with a 'Mommy' fetish (not sure if it's the right terminology - she wants to turn him into an adult baby and be his mommy). She puts a diaper on him with a locking chain mail diaper cover, and also locks the bathroom door, so he has no choice but to wet his diaper. (There's other elements involved, but they're not relevant to this question.)
My question is, if he decides that it's in his best interests to wet deliberately to avoid punishment, is he likely to find it difficult to make himself actually do it? What would be a 'typical' non-DL reaction here, and what would indicate that he's possibly either a DL or at the other end maybe shy bladder issues?

Well, I can't really speak for people in general, only for myself and experiences I've seen shared on ABDL forums where the topic gets discussed.

That said, for me, it took a while to be able to relax and wet in a natural way with a diaper on. The first few times especially required that I go into the bathroom and put my hands under warm water to be able to let go. I think it had to do with the feeling of the material against the body, instead of things being loose around the groin being different enough that the body was programmed not to go in that situation and I had to rewrite that programming.

Most people, though, even if they can't relax and wet naturally, can probably force it and empty their bladder at least part of the way if they're in distress. Doing that is unlikely to fully empty the bladder though, and will lead to the person feeling very uncomfortable rather than ever really feeling relief from peeing.

Lastly, one thing I'd note from having played around with drinking a lot and trying to hold it is that there can sometimes be a point where it's actually difficult to wet when you've held it too long. I'm not sure exactly how one identifies when you've reached that point, but if your character is holding it so long that he's really in desperation, he might have difficulty getting started from that as well.

Trevor said:
Unfortunately, I don't see any good ways to test my suspicion, since I'm not about to go kidnap randomly sampled subjects for testing.

Don't be silly, kidnapping would implement bias for those who react differently to kidnapping. You'll need to sneak into several randomly sampled homes and lock people in their bedrooms when they have to pee instead. :biggrin:

Don't be ashamed of asking! This is what we're all here for! Variations on the "forced to be in diapers" is also a very common story, so there's nothing weird about that!

I had HUUUUUUGE difficulty wetting when I first tried diapers. If you've ever had a nervous bladder and couldn't pee at a public urinal it's the same kind of thing. I still can't do it in many situations, but then again I don't wear or wet frequently.

What Trevor says is the same advice I got. Being relaxed, drunk, or focusing on something else has also helped me. Actual regression play helps a lot, as I've seized up when trying to wet while in adult mode, but 5 mins later after letting go into little space ... no prob!

I mean if you were trying to take the fetish story seriously I imagine the panic of trying to pee to avoid pain or humiliation might actually make it worse. You might never release, burst your bladder and die like that overly polite astronomer.

P.S. Trevor, what if we volunteered to be randomly kidnapped?! *looks up with big shiny doe eyes*

Lol, AdorableRabbit. Dying is incredibly unlikely. If you wanted to wet, you'd definitely be able to push really hard and force yourself to pee at least partially emptying your bladder.

I remember a discussion with my wife about this. We kinda decided that forcing yourself to wet isn't quite the same thing as "wetting yourself". If you are patient in a diaper there will come a time when as Maxx says, it will happen and I guess be a richer experience because it wasn't staged.

ArchieRoni said:
Lol, AdorableRabbit. Dying is incredibly unlikely. If you wanted to wet, you'd definitely be able to push really hard and force yourself to pee at least partially emptying your bladder.

But was a THING, that HAPPENED!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tycho_Brahe#Illness.2C_death.2C_and_investigations

I dunno... I've always been really paranoid about holding it for too long since I heard about him. ^_^;;

As for pushing and part emptying... when I've had a nervous bladder I've never been able to squeeze any bit out so I imagined feeling like you *had to* would be worse...

AdorableRabbit said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tycho_Brahe#Illness.2C_death.2C_and_investigations

I dunno... I've always been really paranoid about holding it for too long since I heard about him. ^_^;;

As for pushing and part emptying... when I've had a nervous bladder I've never been able to squeeze any bit out so I imagined feeling like you *had to* would be worse...

Ya, it can happen, however extremely rare. Unless there is something wrong, your body will just force you to go long before it can come to harm you.
Being killed from a car accident I imagine is more likely by a quite substantial amount.

AdorableRabbit said:

Tycho Brahe was trying to hold it though. A person who wanted to wet themselves (as the prompt suggests) would be able to do so before reaching the point Tycho hit.

Mmmmmkay... you're prolly right. I'll try to worry about it less.

AdorableRabbit said:

I heard that he had a blockage in his urethra, unrelated to any attempt to hold it.

One of my cats had to see the vet for the same sort of thing. Poor guy was straining to pee and meowing in pain. The vet said that he'd gotten crystals trapped in his urethra, and we had to change his diet to prevent it happening again. If we hadn't brought him to the vet so quickly he'd have died.

I think one of us here should "man up" and kidnap some men, force them to wear diapers and see what happens. Volunteers anyone?

Okay, I'll do it, but I'm going to have to keep them in my basement because my wife will not approve. She never approves of any of the fun things I want to do!!!!!!

MarchinBunny said:
Unless there is something wrong, your body will just force you to go long before it can come to harm you.
I've experienced the opposite. Mainly, when my bladder gets full to the point of discomfort I find it harder to go, and also have a very weak stream initially until my bladder empties more.

As for the question in the OP: I personally found it impossible to go the first time I wore a diaper. I eventually gave up after a few hours of wearing it and had to settle for pouring warm water down the front. If you want to get around that problem in the story, you could maybe say the character was targeted specifically because they were known to have a weak bladder.

Also, chainmail diaper cover? Sounds heavy and uncomfortable, not to mention possibility of ripping holes in the diaper after a short time. They do actually make locking cloth pants for the same purpose. The ones I saw were basically a heavy canvas material with adjustable locking belts at the legs and waist. It would not have been something you could remove easily without 10s of minutes and some very heavy duty scissors. Write in that it's been reinforced with some Kevlar and or metallic thread and you'll have something a bit more believable (at least as far as diaper fetish stories go :p)

For me it was hard at first but now it's pretty easy to go. I just have to relax and usually be standing or sitting. I can't go lying down which I don't want to anyway because if I ever am not wearing a nappy and go to sleep I might wet the bed which I don't want. Nappies are really just for fun for me I don't want to be incontinent or become a bed wetter so I usually am strict about when I go like I would if I were going to the toilet.

irnub said:
I've experienced the opposite. Mainly, when my bladder gets full to the point of discomfort I find it harder to go, and also have a very weak stream initially until my bladder empties more.

Oh trust me, it's a body function, you can look it up. As long as there isn't anything wrong, at some point, your bladder will force itself empty.

Maxx said:
<Maxx scurries around with tape measure and calculator, determining if his basement is large enough to hold a statistically significant group of controls and subjects>

Dogboy, oh Dogboy. Brings to mind a serial killer and a parody song about him by a local radio personality. From almost 40 years ago.

******Extreme bad taste warning******

[video=youtube;DGyCT7XNwEw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGyCT7XNwEw[/video]

Haha....probably the worlds' best reason we should all be afraid of clowns! The songs a hoot. Too soon yet?

for incontinent people who aren't dl it isn't really hard ;)

Elbs said:

Basically, one of two things would happen under this kind of duress. Withholding urination would get so painful that one would relent and flood the diaper. The other would be that the bladder would rupture internally, and your protagonist dies in agony.

Most normal people will void thier bladder before hemorrhage. The pain from a distended bladder is excruciating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back