How growing up changes our attraction to nappies

LittleMissPink

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
When I was a kid, the idea of wearing a nappy felt more surreal than what it actually feels like as an adult and I’ve been wondering why. Part of me can still remember vaguely how my young child's mind thought about nappies and also how I think about nappies now. The attraction remains the same (I still want to wear nappies) but the reason behind it feels different.

In my primitive pre-schooler/primary schooler mind, the idea and main attraction of wearing nappies was (I believe) of wearing something that was clearly meant to be for a toddler or baby. When you wear nappies as an older child it seems to have different connotations than it does for an adult and that difference, creates the ‘magic feeling’.

Let me explain, adults wear nappies all the time for legitimate and logical incontinence issues. But when you’re an older child (especially in the early years) and wearing nappies you feel more so like a ‘bigger baby’ because of your close proximity to your toilet training years rather than wearing for a ‘medical issue’.

Because of this, wearing nappies as a young child creates connotations like ’you hadn’t finished potty training’ or you still had ‘little accidents’ and needed to wear nappies just in case. Whether anyone actually saw you as a child wearing and had those thoughts is irrelevant, it’s the societal connotations behind it that drive that ‘magical feeling’.

But as an adult these connotations fade away to nothing. If anyone saw me wearing a nappy today, they would just assume it were for medical reasons/disability. This dampens the ‘magical feeling’ down as no one would assume that I hadn’t been toilet trained yet or I were still learning to control my night wetting.

Does this make sense to anyone? As an adult the associated connotations for wearing nappies becomes clinical, medical and scientific which are completely different to the ‘babyness’ connotations of wearing a nappy as an older child who is still learning.

I don’t know if this was the exact reason as a child why I wanted to wear nappies because I don’t remember a specific reason. But I feel it’s very close.

All this comes from feeling like my nappy wearing had lost the allure that originally sparked it and I wanted to find out what it was. These days my reasons are more dominated by convenience, comfort and sexuality but I do miss that old ‘magical feeling’.

Last edited:
Reactions: KCA, Deleted member 48219, Fireheat and 1 other person
There is a lot of negative stigma associated with diapers, even for medical incontinence. From my experience, incontinence is looked down upon by 'normies', and is very publicly embarrassing for those of us who are forced to wear a diaper 24 / 7 .
For me, since I've became medically incontinent, some of the 'magical feelings' I had toward diapers has been lost, however I still like them - a lot.

From what I can remember, as a child ( 4+ ), I wanted to wear diapers because they 'felt good' ... I do not remember ever associating diapers to being a baby.
As a teen, I associated diapers toward a seance of security and explored using them sexuality.

Reactions: Leonagirl, Blekyss, BigKid25 and 2 others
KitsuneFox said:
There is a lot of negative stigma associated with diapers, even for medical incontinence. From my experience, incontinence is looked down upon by 'normies', and is very publicly embarrassing for those of us who are forced to wear a diaper 24 / 7 .
For me, since I've became medically incontinent, some of the 'magical feelings' I had toward diapers has been lost, however I still like them - a lot.

From what I can remember, as a child ( 4+ ), I wanted to wear diapers because they 'felt good' ... I do not remember ever associating diapers to being a baby.
As a teen, I associated diapers toward a seance of security and explored using them sexuality.
Perfectly valid point. I never got to wear as kid so I never got to feel what they were like sadly. But I still had the attraction to wear so the above is how I think my mind came to that attraction. It had an attraction to the "being a baby part" which to this day is one of my sexual fantasies- to be treated like a baby. So just my guess with it all.

Reactions: Fireheat
I also didn’t really get the chance to wear as a child. Would’ve been so nice not having to go to the toilet and keep playing or watching tv. On top of that having someone take care of me and change me would’ve been amazing.

Reactions: Blekyss and Fireheat
Well when I was little my mum and dad started to potty train me so I was still in diapers but In that time I was put into foster care and my foster cares didn’t really potty train me probably so thaws used diapers as a way to punish me for not being able to the toilet probably it was horrible experience for me so to this day I still remember being in diapers when I was little but now because of those memories I like diapers now.

SweetPrincess said:
When I was a kid, the idea of wearing a nappy felt more surreal than what it actually feels like as an adult and I’ve been wondering why. Part of me can still remember vaguely how my young child's mind thought about nappies and also how I think about nappies now. The attraction remains the same (I still want to wear nappies) but the reason behind it feels different.

In my primitive pre-schooler/primary schooler mind, the idea and main attraction of wearing nappies was (I believe) of wearing something that was clearly meant to be for a toddler or baby. When you wear nappies as an older child it seems to have different connotations than it does for an adult and that difference, creates the ‘magic feeling’.

Let me explain, adults wear nappies all the time for legitimate and logical incontinence issues. But when you’re an older child (especially in the early years) and wearing nappies you feel more so like a ‘bigger baby’ because of your close proximity to your toilet training years rather than wearing for a ‘medical issue’.

Because of this, wearing nappies as a young child creates connotations like ’you hadn’t finished potty training’ or you still had ‘little accidents’ and needed to wear nappies just in case. Whether anyone actually saw you as a child wearing and had those thoughts is irrelevant, it’s the societal connotations behind it that drive that ‘magical feeling’.

But as an adult these connotations fade away to nothing. If anyone saw me wearing a nappy today, they would just assume it were for medical reasons/disability. This dampens the ‘magical feeling’ down as no one would assume that I hadn’t been toilet trained yet or I were still learning to control my night wetting.

Does this make sense to anyone? As an adult the associated connotations for wearing nappies becomes clinical, medical and scientific which are completely different to the ‘babyness’ connotations of wearing a nappy as an older child who is still learning.

I don’t know if this was the exact reason as a child why I wanted to wear nappies because I don’t remember a specific reason. But I feel it’s very close.

All this comes from feeling like my nappy wearing had lost the allure that originally sparked it and I wanted to find out what it was. These days my reasons are more dominated by convenience, comfort and sexuality but I do miss that old ‘magical feeling’.
- Have you just got used to it (this lifestyle)?

GO3SBOTHWAY5 said:
Yeah I love diapers now

As we grow up, we always become desensitized to the things that once made us feel magical. It's like the old adage that a baby cobra releases more venom than an adult one because it's uncontrolled (not true btw). Your brain as a child and teen feels something new, responds with a "Holy crap!" mentality, then floods you with endorphins and dopamine. Your adult brain has already experienced it usually, and is more controlled on how much of those chemicals are used because it's trying to maintain some in the reserves.

For me? I agree spot on with kitsune fox. The naughty feeling was what I enjoyed every age. There was more of a fantasy aspect at a child. I wasn't sexual so I didn't know what to do with a diaper if I could wear it. Once I hit teenager though? It all worked itself out pretty well towards the sexual side lol. I experimented with regression strongly from 16-22, then realized I was pretty primarily DL.

Reactions: CookieMonstah and Fireheat
GO3SBOTHWAY5 said:
In a way that I think is part if it as well but like I said the connotations around nappy wearing are also different as a child.

With an adult who is incontinent, no one thinks that you are unpotty trained or still learning like a child wearing. Yes there is stigma still and embarrassment but more so to do with it being awkward because of the toxic lie "adults don't wear nappies" or because they find it gross. Not because of those babyish reasons mentioned earlier. Most people I assume, know that if an adult is wearing its because of medical issues given the old "grandpa wears diapers" movie trope.

As a child when I was potty trained and no longer in diapers .I would often be jealous deep down when seeing my sister diapered or little cousin. I also knew that there was no real way to get hold of their diapers I was too afraid to take any . I did once manage to get hold of a pair of my sisters plastic pants but they didnt fit too well being older .I remained atttractedto then into adulthood. Nowadays its pretty much easy enough to get a hold of any diaper that may be of interest...

This post pretty much summarizes what I was thinking about the other night...well said. Also newly felt raging hormones back in the day added to the excitement, something that's not so new anymore and also died down. With age everything is just becoming so bland and I'm just into my 30s!

Your post really speaks to me. When I was about 4 or 5, I saw a toddler girl (maybe 2) getting her nappy changed in the car park because she had done a poo. I so wanted to be that girl's age, with wearing nappies as a necessity because of the lack of control she had over her bodily functions. This feeling was reinforced when the 2 year old girl from next door did a poo in her nappy while my mum was babysitting her.

Even at 10, I can remember the desire to wear nappies was overwhelmingly associated with wanting to be a baby, and in particular wanting to be a baby because when babies need to do a poo, they do it in their nappies. On a family trip to the zoo at the age, every time we passed a pram or a stroller I wanted to be the kid in it. Even more so when the baby boy at the picnic table next to ours did a poo, I wanted to be that kid.

By that age I had started putting baby nappies in my underwear and soiling them while pretending I was a baby.

Nowadays...I have around two dozen disposable adult nappies in my house, but the urge to wear and use them is much less than it used to be, for reasons I don't know. The desire to be a baby has never gone away. If there was a magic pill that could make me 18 months old again, I would seriously consider taking it. But acting on those desires seems less important now than it used to be.

Maybe that's because it is now so long since I actually was a baby. Or maybe it's because of so many adult responsibilities. Whatever it is, it doesn't seem as real (for want of a better term) now as it did when I was only a few years out of nappies.

Reactions: sinceiwassmall, CookieMonstah and LittleMissPink
I went back to nappies at 15 because I was still wetting the bed almost every night. At first I was horrified. Wearing nappies was way mo9re embarrasing than wetting the bed. Soon I got used to them and enjoyed sleeping in them. It was strange not to wear them at night once I finally became dry at night in my early 20's. I have to wear nappies 24/7 now as I have little or no bladder control. I have become very much DL as a result and couldn't imagine not being in nappies now.

Reactions: DippyDawg
I wonder if something being “forbidden“ in some ways makes it exciting?

Never been a big weed smoker, but it is now legal in my country (Canada) and can be bought in stores like tobacco.

Bought some months ago and smoked a bit once, but it has sat untouched since.

Perhaps the endorphins associated with ‘getting busted‘ by your parent or cops, added something that isn’t there when nobody cares?

I live by myself and can wear diapers whenever I want, but don’t do so that often.

Once the ‘forbidden fruit’ is in the ‘fridge‘ regularly, does it becomes less appealing?

Reactions: CookieMonstah, BigKid25 and Deleted member 50300
I'll take the opposite opinion on that and say there's been no point in the last decade that I've ever considered giving up my diapers - it was a dream for me to have them before that, and now I'm "living the dream" and would never give it up! I doubt I'll ever get "bored" with diapers, every day I look in the mirror after changing into a fresh diaper it still puts a smile on my face, "this never gets old!"

• Love
I wouldn't necessarily agree or disagree (never considered it), but it's an interesting thought...

Last edited:
Back