How fast is your connection?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude84

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
This is somewhat random (for me) but i've just been involved in a chat with a friend of mine (we normally discuss lots of random and unrelated stuff, have since we met each other 8 years ago) and the subject of internet connections came up, the speed of them...

So, I ran mine through Speed test. The result was:

Downlink: 22399 Kb/s
Uplink: 624 Kb/s

I'm on an Assymetric connection, so the Uplink is always slow.

However, on the upside, i'm edging close to 3 MegaBYTES (not bits) per second on the downlink. I regularly download at 2.5 MB/sec, so this is not too surprising - being close to the exchange (it's a DSL line) probably helps lots though.

So, which category does your internet connection fit into? And what speed is it? Also, is it reliable?

MarkFox

(Please note poll numbers are in bits, not bytes! Bytes are bigger, remember ;-))

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
It's standard, supposedly, but I don't get the best performance from it. Probably because of the number of people in my vicinity who use Comcast >.<

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I got dial-up for my computer, so my internet is freaking slow :wallbash:, but it have to do until I get faster interent.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
I'm on a 768/128 kbit DSL connection, but it should very soon be approximately 3072/768. So.... no appropriate poll option for me to pick.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 221

mine right now(512/128,600MB downloads,$45 a month,2 yr contract(contract ended))

soon to be (like in 1 week) Gotalk(current provider isp) 1500/512,35GB downloads,$100 a month 1 yr contract

Last edited by a moderator:

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Here's my speedtest from the old thread.

EDIT: and for proof I still have it...my test from today (17 May/08)

Last edited:

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Yay!

I'll pick the 2mb poll option because it's the closest to my speed.

Last edited:

Dude84

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
Mazza: You're capped to that amount per month? I didn't realise some ISPs still did that, my connection has no restrictions.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Mazza: You're capped to that amount per month? I didn't realise some ISPs still did that, my connection has no restrictions.
Yeah, they do. From what I hear, it's very common in Australia. :eek:

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
mine right now(512/128,600MB downloads,$45 a month,2 yr contract(contract ended))

soon to be (like in 1 week) Gotalk(current provider isp) 1500/512,35GB downloads,$100 a month 1 yr contract
Have you considered TPG? 150GB per month for $69.96 at ADSL2+ speeds :)

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover

FAST!
thats high
but youtube videos still take an eternity to load
didnt we already have a thread like this???

r0bino

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm on 768/128kbit, too, but it's not so bad. I can watch most youtube videos without having to wait too long to start them, and everything else (chatting, online-gaming, etc) goes rather smooth. More would be nice, of course (especially because I work alot with computers, so it's nice to have a bigger upstream than 16 Kilobyte), but it's not available where I live and I don't plan to move out yet :)

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private

Desktop ^

Laptop^

Subtle differences...

Last edited:

Delta

Contributor
Role
Private
I think I got about 1.5 both ways last time I tried speed test. Supposed to be double that.

Role
Diaper Lover
FAST!
thats high
but youtube videos still take an eternity to load
didnt we already have a thread like this???
Are you kidding me I've only got 1mb if I'm lucky, or if I'm downloading something direct from a filesite, and I load youtube videos at the speed I can watch them if I am only loading one.

Status
Not open for further replies.