How fast does everyone here type?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Sissy
I'm pretty slow! Took me around 7 hours to write this reply :p

Seriously though I'm average to fast, depending on how accurate the spelling and grammar has too be. I've never done a test and I can guess I'd be terrible at it compare to just normal typing.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
I can go about 30, 40 if I'm lucky... Dont laugh at me!

But texting... Dont get me started with speed on that! That's why I visit this site with my iPod, typing is the same as texting.

Mingus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I tested at 115 on that site someone posted, and hit 80-85 consistently. When I'm not copying, probably about 60ish is my usual typing speed. Writing essays varies hugely, because sometimes I'll know just what I want to say, but then you have long pauses. You can't really compare composing as you type with simply copying anything. I'm surprised, though, that someone types faster while they look at the keyboard. Guess you hunt 'n peck? But both my parents type faster while looking at the keyboard, so I guess it's easily possible. I learned to touch type when I was 8 (although I very much doubt I could do it with any speed on a real typewriter--much harder to hit the keys hard enough and to hit them consistently). Also, I don't like using other people's keyboards--I'm really used to the keyboard on my Macbook...

care_a_lot

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
40 - 50 words per minute and then tend to get a cramp if I try to write any faster.

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I can type 60-70WPM typing with only my right hand. When I try typing with both hands I'm down to about 5-10WPM since my left hand is disabled with cerebral palsy, and my right hand isn't.

Anon E. Mouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm 49wpm, with one error, but that's not what I want to type, it's me copying something. Dunno how big of a difference that makes, but I assume it makes a large one.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I average between 110-120 with 5 letters being considered the default length of a word.

But without look at the Keyboard, I average at 50WMP, Simple because of the high error rate. I am not the best touch typist.

Icey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
  6. Carer
As fast as I want to, never really cared about wpm!! I just type & that is it!!

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I don't really think typing speed really matters. Not only that, but mistakes happen; would you rather misspell a word, or spend 0.6 precious seconds backspacing? If it's under 50 wpm then you may have issues with getting your point across in a timely manner against a skilled typer, but honestly, once you get up past 100, it's more important what you say than how much you say.

I averaged around 75 wpm doing that site's test a few times. I agree with Grif, though. Good point! :thumbsup:

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I've tested at about 120 iirc. My teacher actually used to make fun of me all the time.

In the class you would get 51% (a pass) if you could do 30wpm, if you hit 60wpm you got 100%. He told me "Don't worry about hitting 60 the first time, I have all semester to re-do things to hopefully reach that.) I think he just about shit his pants when I came to him a few days later with the program done at like, 120wpm.

It's been like, 6 months though, and I'm still not used to this laptop keyboard, I don't like it, so I'd say I'm probably only at about 70-80wpm on this thing.

Mingus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Is 51 not a pass elsewhere in Canada? I know in the UK, 40 is usually a pass (D), while 70 and up is an A. At least it works that way at uni.

Where I went to high school, an A was 94, and 64 was the minimum passing mark. But it's actually harder to get a 70 in Scotland than to get a 94 in Virginia.

I hear you on laptop keyboards, Mandi. I hated my girlfriend's keyboard (although now she got a Macbook, which is what I'm used to) when she had a Fujitsu Siemens...

Ricochet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Carer
My leisurely typing speed averages around 80wpm, with 98% accuracy. When I'm trying my hardest to type fast and get something done quickly I have been known to go at over 120wpm; but the accuracy at that level is usually about 90% overall.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Is 51 not a pass elsewhere in Canada? I know in the UK, 40 is usually a pass (D), while 70 and up is an A. At least it works that way at uni.

Where I went to high school, an A was 94, and 64 was the minimum passing mark. But it's actually harder to get a 70 in Scotland than to get a 94 in Virginia.

I hear you on laptop keyboards, Mandi. I hated my girlfriend's keyboard (although now she got a Macbook, which is what I'm used to) when she had a Fujitsu Siemens...
Oh, okay.

I'm in high school. >>;
So 92 is A and 60 is the minimum passing mark here.

Daisuke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Eh... well I kinda type slow because I use two fingers to type instead of the right way of doing it by having all your fingers on the key board.

Status
Not open for further replies.