How fast does everyone here type?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover
According to several different online tests I type 100-120 wpm depending on the difficulty of the text. One time I got 134 wpm but that's only happened once and it was with 9 mistakes unfortunately.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I type faster than on tests...Since I know what I'm going to type and it's not random stuff...

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I type faster then I think... Which (as some people know) says a lot. It only slows me down a lot as I have to go back and change it a lot of times.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I type fairly quickly, and of course my job requires this. I find that these typing tests, though, are inconsistent and the fact that you have to read what you are typing as you type it is not a good approximation of how you type when you're typing what's in your head anyway. At least, that's the case for me.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I would say that I type somewhere in the range of 40-50 wpm with a 94% accuacy rate.

kevintje

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I can't remember the score I had in school... it was pretty fast tho...

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Not very fast, unfortunately. Never took typing in school, and never needed the skill on the job at all until we converted over to CADD computer drafting. After several years of having to do typing on my design drawings I still consider myself a *hunt-'n-peck* typer. I doubt I could do 40 wpm without several mistakes.:frown:

~Pramrider

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I know that in a situation where I'm reading from something and needing to retype it, or where I don't have to think about what I'm typing, I can average between 130 and 160 words-per-minute with 97% accuracy (and I even have a typing certificate around that I needed to get for a previous job that can prove it!). When I'm typing from my head and typing leisurely, I'll usually average around 110 to 120.

As a slightly humorous anecdote, I took a test for a job a few years back and effectively typed *faster* than the typing test could follow -- I maxed the machine out at 99 WPM.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
When I was in high school, back in the dark ages, the best I could do was 50wpm, and 20 perfect, but you have to realize they were manual machines.

The class room could be heard, through out the school, lots of loud clicking, and dinging along with the sound of manual carrige returns......

Role
Diaper Lover
Since I spend so much time writing for work, my speed is up around 120 wpm or so. It may be faster, but I haven't checked in a while. What site did you use to test your speed?

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I just did a test on the net. 2 mistakes and 55wpm.

snydead

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I'm not sure, maybe 100 wpm depending on if I know what I'm typing.

tdlrfootedpjs

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
I am not very good at typing, but here is a fun place to find out how fast you type.

TypeRacer

You can race against others for typing practice.

G

gamebaby

I can type at lest 50wpm if i ame looking at the keyboard. i can do 30 if im not looking.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
I tested 188wpm with 100% accuracy and 194wpm with 89% accuracy on one of the tests at school.

E

Error404

70-210 wpm, depending on my mood and topic at hand. My record was 224 but that was copying from a book.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
I can type about 80-90 wpm. I'm pretty sure I used to be able to type around 100.

DLGrif

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I don't really think typing speed really matters. Not only that, but mistakes happen; would you rather misspell a word, or spend 0.6 precious seconds backspacing? If it's under 50 wpm then you may have issues with getting your point across in a timely manner against a skilled typer, but honestly, once you get up past 100, it's more important what you say than how much you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.