How easy/hard would it be for you to become a 24/7 nappy wearer?

IDDiaperboy said:
Can you tell me how your parents know? Did you tell them? I’m curious because my parents will be back next month and I plan on wearing diapers but I don’t want them to know.
So my mom has caught me wearing diapers ever since I was little. I wasn't the smartest kid about being discrete, I guess, or my mom has a 6th sense for diaper wearing. I remember one time I was about 7-8 and my mom found used diapers in my bottom drawer that I had taken from my baby sister's room. My grandparents were visiting, and as punishment, she made me take them down one by one to put in the kitchen trash where they could see me. I was also beaten. That experience was so traumatizing that my heart still pounds a little thinking back on it.

In my teenage years, I'd put on a slim diaper/pull-up like an Always Discrete or a Tena cloth-backed, and my mom would always hear it, even under jeans. She'd wait till I was going up the stairs and then confront me about it. It happened once or twice and I'd always be shamed by her, but no longer hit.

Nowadays, she lets me know that if I'm to get married, I "can't have any secrets in my drawers". This comes up when my family gets together and she finds me alone. She snoops, always has, and has never given me any privacy. I know exactly what she's talking about but at this point I no longer care. Future Mrs. Yooo loves me for who I am.

If you have a mentally ill mother who passed on her traits to her son who developed "strange" coping mechanisms and "weird" attachment disorders, your mom will know right away. Maybe if you're discreet, you'll be able to hide your wearing with a slimmer diaper and a onsie.

• Wow
Reactions: hoimi, BobbiSueEllen and BabyHailey1977
Well just wearing a diaper 24/7 is not going to make you IC!
However - I have been IC my entire life - I could have done without the plain meanness of other kids going through school (mostly before about the 7th or 8th grade) - and have other issues so - also need help when I need a fresh diaper. But despite that. I have always managed to do pretty much anything I wanted to do. That includes stuff like concerts, you name it - even once went camping at a fairly large event (20th anniversary of the Woodstock festival in Bethele, NY) and stayed on the field for an entire week. Only real issue I ever had was have to bring more stuff with me (diapers, more extra clothing, ex.) - so if you are asking if it would prevent you from doing anything - the answer is - no - that is unless you allow it to!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
The cost would be too prohibitive, I go to uni two days a week so wouldn't want to wear then and I only wear as a treat every so often.

Yooo said:
So my mom has caught me wearing diapers ever since I was little. I wasn't the smartest kid about being discrete, I guess, or my mom has a 6th sense for diaper wearing. I remember one time I was about 7-8 and my mom found used diapers in my bottom drawer that I had taken from my baby sister's room. My grandparents were visiting, and as punishment, she made me take them down one by one to put in the kitchen trash where they could see me. I was also beaten. That experience was so traumatizing that my heart still pounds a little thinking back on it.

In my teenage years, I'd put on a slim diaper/pull-up like an Always Discrete or a Tena cloth-backed, and my mom would always hear it, even under jeans. She'd wait till I was going up the stairs and then confront me about it. It happened once or twice and I'd always be shamed by her, but no longer hit.

Nowadays, she lets me know that if I'm to get married, I "can't have any secrets in my drawers". This comes up when my family gets together and she finds me alone. She snoops, always has, and has never given me any privacy. I know exactly what she's talking about but at this point I no longer care. Future Mrs. Yooo loves me for who I am.

If you have a mentally ill mother who passed on her traits to her son who developed "strange" coping mechanisms and "weird" attachment disorders, your mom will know right away. Maybe if you're discreet, you'll be able to hide your wearing with a slimmer diaper and a onsie.
I was caught twice by my mom when I was 13. It did not go over very well at all. She threatened to make me wear diapers to school, see a shrink, tell my dad...everything. I kept them between my mattress and my board and she always made up our beds, so I’m sure she found them. Around the same time, my groin area was itchy and she said it looked like diaper rash. I just wish she would have said something.

Also, I have been talking to her about recent bladder problems kinda hoping she would bring it up, but nope. I’m sure she will look to see if I’m wearing a diaper when she gets here. We will see I guess.

I don’t know why, but I really want her to know that I still wear diapers. But I’m too chicken to bring it up. When she gets here, if I catch her looking to see if I’m wearing, I think I’ll just tell her that I’m not wearing one right now. See if she catches it.

Thanks for talking.

Reactions: Yooo and BobbiSueEllen
I’ve already been wearing diapers pretty much every night for the past several months. It’s been helpful to get my wife and I used to the fact that I need diapers for emotional/mental health reasons. In fact, she’s been so great about accepting my diapers that she now doesn’t really care when I wear at all. So, I’ll be experimenting with being diapered during the daytime now too. I think this will probably lead to me being diapered most of the time, except when I’m at work (post-COVID) and spending time with family. It’s not 24/7 but maybe I’ll get there one day!

PCBaby said:
You can't become incontinent by wearing 24/7
thats very true !!! i have been wearing now for many years and no probs here

On one hand, it'd be easy: I'm retired/disabled and no real social life. On the other hand, wearing diapers 24/7 is pricey and I have housemates, none of whom know I wear/use diapers...or have toys, clothes and accessories. But if money wasn't tight and I had a place of my own, I would wear diapers 24/7 and never use a toilet again...and have a nursery of my own. I'd be a baby to my heart's content! 🥰

• Love
Reactions: BabyHailey1977
littlejunioruk1982 said:
thats very true !!! i have been wearing now for many years and no probs here

I don't think thats the case. I now have IC issues from long binges wearing nappies. When I'm binging I'm pretty determined to simulate incontinence and wet at the slightest urge without clenching my sphincter muscles. Not clenching is second nature to me now when wearing nappies. I just drip and dribble all the time and its a very natural process. I have done this for months at a time.

My IC didn't happen over night. It took years to get to this point, many months and months of completely relaxing my sphincter. Then the Purge would it as I'll lose interest in wearing 24/7. It takes some time to get back to normal bladder function and I have lost some continence.. I have to retrain going to the toilet, I feel a constant urge to urinate and when I use the toilet its only a weak dribble, disappropriate to the fullness I feel in my bladder. Also I get ''need to pee now'' moments and I run to the toilet and my bladder is spasming and I leak large droplets in my underwear. I can't sleep through the night without waking up to pee 3 times (I'm 34 years old). Also my post micturition dribble had got worse. I can't have a poo without a severely wetting the floor uncontrollable. I have post micturition dribble in my underwear after using toilet.

I do think this is from my long binging. My bladder control is getting worse.

• Wow
IDDiaperboy said:
I was caught twice by my mom when I was 13. It did not go over very well at all. She threatened to make me wear diapers to school, see a shrink, tell my dad...everything. I kept them between my mattress and my board and she always made up our beds, so I’m sure she found them. Around the same time, my groin area was itchy and she said it looked like diaper rash. I just wish she would have said something.

Also, I have been talking to her about recent bladder problems kinda hoping she would bring it up, but nope. I’m sure she will look to see if I’m wearing a diaper when she gets here. We will see I guess.

I don’t know why, but I really want her to know that I still wear diapers. But I’m too chicken to bring it up. When she gets here, if I catch her looking to see if I’m wearing, I think I’ll just tell her that I’m not wearing one right now. See if she catches it.

Thanks for talking.
I think there's always a search for acceptance when it comes to our desires to wear, and the emotions behind them. We all have past trauma (whether diaper related or not) that we all need to process. Maybe you're looking for closure with your mother and that's why you're wanting to tell her. Only you can find out.

You're not chicken for not telling her. This is something deep, something sensitive, and fragile. It's normal to be hesitant to tell anyone, including your own mother.

Reactions: hoimi, BabyHailey1977 and BobbiSueEllen
The 2 main reasons that 24/7 is not for me:
- I don't feel like "having to wear" when I don't feel like wearing.
- It controls your life, because you have to be prepared to change (or to go home to change) at all times. Also when you just want to have fun or when it's just not convenient.

So occasional wearing it is, for me. Sometimes I go 24/7 for a weekend when there are not really social things planned, but that is about it.

I do find it fascinating to hear about people who actually gp 24/7 though. And I do find it admirable that they actually pull it off.

Reactions: Kayleigh, hoimi, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
Yooo said:
I think there's always a search for acceptance when it comes to our desires to wear, and the emotions behind them. We all have past trauma (whether diaper related or not) that we all need to process. Maybe you're looking for closure with your mother and that's why you're wanting to tell her. Only you can find out.

You're not chicken for not telling her. This is something deep, something sensitive, and fragile. It's normal to be hesitant to tell anyone, including your own mother.
I agree. I really want to do it, but I’m so afraid. I don’t want her to think it is her fault.

JustAGuy said:
The 2 main reasons that 24/7 is not for me:
- I don't feel like "having to wear" when I don't feel like wearing.
- It controls your life, because you have to be prepared to change (or to go home to change) at all times. Also when you just want to have fun or when it's just not convenient.

So occasional wearing it is, for me. Sometimes I go 24/7 for a weekend when there are not really social things planned, but that is about it.

I do find it fascinating to hear about people who actually gp 24/7 though. And I do find it admirable that they actually pull it off.
I wear all the time. I love being a slave to my diapers lol.

Reactions: Midwest82 and BobbiSueEllen
JustAGuy said:
I can understand and agree with that. After all, Clark Kent never always found a phone booth to change into Superman. 🤭

Reactions: Midwest82 and BabyHailey1977
BobbiSueEllen said:
I can understand and agree with that. After all, Clark Kent never always found a phone booth to change into Superman. 🤭
It happened earlier to me in a small way. My wife was sleeping and I didn’t want to wake her up just so I could change my diaper. So I took it off instead. It killed me lol.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Midwest82 and BobbiSueEllen
wouldn't take me long at all

Some have mentioned the cost as being prohibitive. If you can fit Goodnites and don't wet too heavily, Target's Up and Up brand is like Goodnites and you can get a package of 36 for $20. I had previously only bought small packages of diapers as I had been experimenting. I have now bought 2 of the large Target boxes with 36 in them. I guess I am getting in to really needing them.

I do spend quite a lot on incontinence nappies. Close to £150 a month on Molicare Slip Mxi, cleaning supplies such as foam and dry wipes, nappy bags, disposable gloves, bin liners.

JustAGuy said:
I don't recall ever feeling it controlled anything I did, or did not do - but then again, I never knew anything else - but always did everything I wanted to - unless something else prevented it - and even if it looked like something else might - 99% of the time, I found a way around it.
As for the rest - I guess that depends on exactly what you are talking about - again never knowing anything else, hard to say, but never felt that I missed, or was left out of anther due to being in diapers. At times it actually helped!
- I have never missed the end of a movie.
- Once won $50 + all my drinks paid for all night in bet (unfair I know, but they pushed it) at a bar (I do not drink any more, but at that time...) see the people I went with all the time know all about my IC, and how it was managed (one or two had even helped out a few times), but that one guy did not, did not know him, just saw him there all the time. He noticed I never used the restroom while there - swore he could make me do so, the catch - I had to drink as fast as he wanted - but I win $50 cash plus he paid for all the drinks. Well I left $50 richer than when I went in, and plenty drunk! (I know one of the people I went with drove - he was the designated driver that night - but I barely remember walking out the door - and my head the next morning...)

Last edited:
It would be quite difficult for me.

First, I would need to overcome the nervousness and buy actual adult diapers. The last time I wore Goodnites was during a year in France when I was still small enough to fit in them (and for them to usually work). Since then, I have gained over sixty pounds. Also, my bladder capacity now is such that improvising something out of tall kitchen garbage bags and bath towels no longer works.

Finally, I would to bring in enough money from work to actually afford that many diapers (and whatever else goes along with that). At the moment, with the amount of work I have available I am just paying the bills (as the expression goes) and so 24/7 would have to wait.

In the meantime, I may decide to buy a small quantity online to deal with situations in which nervousness or the lack of public restrooms may lead to the occasional accident. Also, they could come in handy for any other situations where I may not be able to use a bathroom for at least two hours.

nwm said:
I don't recall ever feeling it controlled anything I did, or did not do - but then again, I never knew anything else - but always did everything I wanted to - unless something else prevented it - and even if it looked like something else might - 99% of the time, I found a way around it.
As for the rest - I guess that depends on exactly what you are talking about - again never knowing anything else, hard to say, but never felt that I missed, or was left out of anther due to being in diapers. At times it actually helped!
- I have never missed the end of a movie.
- Once won $50 + all my drinks paid for all night in bet (unfair I know, but they pushed it) at a bar (I do not drink any more, but at that time...) see the people I went with all the time know all about my IC, and how it was managed (one or two had even helped out a few times), but that one guy did not, did not know him, just saw him there all the time. He noticed I never used the restroom while there - swore he could make me do so, the catch - I had to drink as fast as he wanted - but I win $50 cash plus he paid for all the drinks. Well I left $50 richer than when I went in, and plenty drunk! (I know one of the people I went with drove - he was the designated driver that night - but I barely remember walking out the door - and my head the next morning...)
I understand that you wear 24/7 for medical reasons? I think if there is no choice and diapers have always been incorporated in your life, you see life with them as the "baseline".
For someone who weres voluntarily, I think the question is: are you ready to adapt in such a way that the diaper is a "normal" part of your life too.
And I don't feel like I am ready for that or feel like doing that.
+ the fear of work people, vanilla friends and family finding out when wearing when I'm with them. I think that part is also different compared to incontinence wearing: at least in case of IC the purpose is clear, you have a good "excuse" for wearing
+ The supply/financial part

I don't say in any way that IC people have it easy, but I think this subject has a few very significant differences between the 2 groups.

Or that's how I see/feel it. ;)
Feel free to challenge my views if you don't agree.

Last edited:
Back