How does Betterdry compare to Dry 24/7 and Abenas?

Honeywell6180 said:
I find Dry Care (Dry 24/7) to be the most comfortable with the same absorbency.
Completely agree about the comfort and absorbency. The first time I bought Confidry (Dry 24/7) I was surprised by the large (for "medium") size when I opened up the diaper, but was even more surprised when I put it on. It was much thinner than I expected for a high capacity premium brand. There's a lot of material, but it's spread out, so the heavy padding between my legs that I had come to expect with other brands wasn't there. I realize for some people that is an issue, but for me, as a relatively light "leaker", they are the perfect combination of great absorption and comfort. If the tapes would allow for at least two reliable re-attachments, I would probably use them as my staple.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Betterdry has an immense capacity. The only issue is that they will swell up to 4" thick and give you a massive front bulge as a guy.

I tried to make one leak one day, and it held on until it was falling off from the weight!

Reactions: Tigondegra, Jorelaxed, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
Worn Betterdry at night for 5 years +, tried many others during this period, none matched their overall performance and capacity.

Reactions: Jorelaxed and diapeybabybrian
Thanks to everyone for all your replies. It sounds like there is a pretty good consensus that Betterdry is the superior diaper.

Reactions: Jorelaxed and Seasonedcitizen
someguy26 said:
Thanks to everyone for all your replies. It sounds like there is a pretty good consensus that Betterdry is the superior diaper.
For Night-Time use, Betterdry are exceptionally absorbant and comfortable, especially with a booster.

However, Wearing a Betterdry during an active day the diaper will clump up and break apart, then start to sag.

Even Wearing Betterdry during long car trips they will fill the front and part of the middle, then start to leak, horribly.

(and the back will be completely dry, ie. the Megmax effect).

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and someguy26
I plan to try Betterdry soon. In (Dry 24/7) I wear size medium because the large are way to big. I hear for Betterdry I should get large as they run a little smaller. Megamax I use medium and XP5000 I use large. I haven't used Abena in years just not good quality. Do you think Betterdry large will be a good fit.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
plainwhitediaper said:
I plan to try Betterdry soon. In (Dry 24/7) I wear size medium because the large are way to big. I hear for Betterdry I should get large as they run a little smaller. Megamax I use medium and XP5000 I use large. I haven't used Abena in years just not good quality. Do you think Betterdry large will be a good fit.
Megamax sizing is different, I wear a medium during the day and a large for bed. Almost every other diaper I need to wear large.

I had only worn BetterDry L10s. When they released the BetterDry Day I ordered a pack of M7, thinking that mediums would be more discrete for daytime with less plastic backing. The pack states 29-43 in, and my widest point (hips) measure 41 in. I could barely tape the lower tapes at the leg and I do not have big legs. Forget about taping higher up near the hip. Before you invest in a case, you should buy a pack and make sure you're happy with the size. BetterDry 10 are great diapers. I need to try BetterDry 7 are also great, but I need to try them again in a large.

Back