How does Betterdry compare to Dry 24/7 and Abenas?

someguy26

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I've been thinking about trying Betterdry diapers, but before I spend my money I wanted to get some opinions here about how they compare to some other medical diapers I have tried, primarily Dry 24/7 and the Abena M4. Would you consider them better, worse, or similar? Thanks.

Reactions: keepitonDL, Jorelaxed and BunnyFofo

crinklechef

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
Prefer betterdry to dry 24/7 and abena

Reactions: Jorelaxed, BunnyFofo and Seasonedcitizen

CheshireCat

Neuromuscular Disability
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Better. Period.

Reactions: BunnyFofo

SuperMaidRavi

Cheerful, lewd and diaper loving maid ^^
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
betterdry are the highest quality out of these tree.

Dry 24/7 and Abenas wick better, since they have much higher fluff ratio than Betterdry, but Betterdry absorb much more in general.

plus the padding breaks down much more quickly on dry 24/7 and abena than Betterdry.

I'd say Dry 24/7 and abena are similar compared to each other, but if you have the option to go for Betterdry, go for it! 😇

Seasonedcitizen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
I started using the Betterdry and love them. I wear them overnight and morning and then switch to the Abena M4 for day use.

Reactions: Jorelaxed and BunnyFofo

wiliawi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
I like the better dry. They are quieter and the tapes are better, but a M dry 247 fits me perfect. A m betterdry is to small and a large is way to big.

mayhem

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
someguy26 said:
I've been thinking about trying Betterdry diapers, but before I spend my money I wanted to get some opinions here about how they compare to some other medical diapers I have tried, primarily Dry 24/7 and the Abena M4. Would you consider them better, worse, or similar? Thanks.
Better dry is better than both of them. If the dry 24/7 didn’t change their tapes they would be on par. If abena didn’t downgrade their diapers (go back 10 or so years) they be on par.

Reactions: BunnyFofo and Jonnythepony

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have never try or been in Abena M4 but have seen them before.
I have worn Better Drys quite a few time and never had any major issues with them !!

sbmccue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I haven't used Abena in some years, but I can tell you that the BetterDry Day and the higher-capacity version are excellent. I honestly prefer the BetterDry Day as my 'stealth' diaper, and even my SO cannot tell I'm wearing beneath street clothes. I've never had an issue with noise or the tapes. I can say without reservation that you won't be wasting your money with BetterDry.

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
It depends what you're using your diapers for.

For Bedwetting, BetterDry are VERY GOOD.

They're super comfortable and THIRSTY.

For daytime However, I don't like them as much.

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Better dry holds more
Abena absorbs faster
I change frequently and have been using Abena for years

WBxx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Without question Betterdry holds more than Abena. However, I go with Abena M4 because they cost less, fit like a glove and are generally adequate for my need (bedwetting).

Reactions: AtPeace, BunnyFofo and SparkyDog

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Betterdry are vastly superior to the Confidry 24/7...those tapes (dry 24/7) frequently come undone overnight and I've leaked with 75% of the padding dry as a bone! The Abena are also awesome (PE shelled only) though they're my daytime diaper as they're a bit less bulky and very reliable so long as you change before "overloading" one.

HalMidLife

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I agree with many of the above comments. Of the three, I like Confidry ("Dry 24/7") the best for the first few hours of wearing - they work great for me and are one of the most comfortable adult diapers I've used - but the tapes are a major disappointment. I'm lucky that my incontinence is not constant, so I pee regularly, and for that reason I get a lot of milage out of a diaper that I can open and re-close 2-3 times during an 8-10 hour period. I find Dry 24/7 is only good for one re-closing (and sometimes even that doesn't work well) and the tapes are dead.

BunnyFofo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I'm always trying different diapers, and I have to say: BetterDry (and Crinklz - same diaper, just with ABDL/babyfur prints) aren't the best diaper at anything in particular, but when you consider all aspects combined - fit, feel, price, absorbancy - they come out as the best overall. That's my opinion.

So yeah, I'd say they're better than Confidry and Abena.

Jorelaxed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have tried both brands and prefer Betterdry for absorbency. I wet way more than average, too much at times I could say.
I am very active, walk alot, I put my diapers through grueling daily tests, and only a few can hold up to my daily use.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and BunnyFofo

KenworthW900b

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I prefer confidry/Dry24/7 but betterdry are very good diapers, especially their daytime version. Abena while not as good as they once were are still better than most mid range diapers out there and definitely do their job well, I keep all of them on rotation.

Honeywell6180

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I find Dry Care (Dry 24/7) to be the most comfortable with the same absorbency.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen

Jorelaxed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
For me another deciding factor was the press out after some serious wetting in a 8 hour period, Betterdry does a fine job containing the press out, they bulge like crazy too, had too many embarrasing accidents with the other brand, luckily i didn't get caught.😳
(with both brands I was wearing garywears diaper covers too)

Last edited:
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and diapeybabybrian

MikeDJ

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I find those diapers very similar. I like Better Dry but like Confi Dry because they have more crinkle and no markings, tape zone...I like those diapers because they remind me of the thick all white plastic diapers I wore s a child.

• Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed, Seasonedcitizen and diapeybabybrian