Not open for further replies.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
As in, how do you make it appear in a thread, without having to click any links to view it? If I'm not being clear, tell me and I will elaborate.

Role
  1. Private
Upload the image elsewhere, then simply use the image tags. Quote my post to see what I mean.

fuckyeahok.gif

Okay! :thumbsup:

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Oh god.

Can we ban the use of imbedded video or .gif animations now? All these things do is chew up memory, and I'd rather not be subjected to them in the middle of threads.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Oh god.

Can we ban the use of imbedded video or .gif animations now? All these things do is chew up memory, and I'd rather not be subjected to them in the middle of threads.

You mean bandwidth right? :p Many desktops these days can handle them effortlessly.

But yeah, same principle with using images. Be it .jpg or .gif

funny.gif

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Many computers can handle them, but not all. And some people just would rather not have their memory taken up by garbage. Just like memes... posting .gifs all over isn't proper "netiquitte". Didn't we discuss this a long time ago, when we banned animations in avatars and signatures? I don't see why a different rule should apply to posts.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Many computers can handle them, but not all. And some people just would rather not have their memory taken up by garbage. Just like memes... posting .gifs all over isn't proper "netiquitte". Didn't we discuss this a long time ago, when we banned animations in avatars and signatures? I don't see why a different rule should apply to posts.

You know spoiler tags?... Yeah.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
I don't think spoiler tags help, as the images still get loaded. Notice how pressing the "show" button doesn't make any more loading happen, it pops up normally.

Not that I think gifs shouldn't be allowed. It's hardly a pressing issue.

Didn't we discuss this a long time ago, when we banned animations in avatars and signatures? I don't see why a different rule should apply to posts.

They were banned for being distracting. A moving avatar or signature distracts from the post, but the post can hardly distract you from itself... That's why it's not applied to posts.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Incontinent
  4. Carer
Many computers can handle them, but not all. And some people just would rather not have their memory taken up by garbage.

"HOLY SHIT! I'M GONNA LOOSE 345KB-2MB UNTIL I NAVIGATE AWAY FROM THE PAGE D:"

Sorry Darkfinn, we aren't running windows 95 anymore. I if you fear a GIF image chewing up memory, time to upgrade... or that system is gonna catch fire.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Darkfinn: Use adblock+ and put as rule *.gif

That should do it.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
"HOLY SHIT! I'M GONNA LOOSE 345KB-2MB UNTIL I NAVIGATE AWAY FROM THE PAGE D:"

Sorry Darkfinn, we aren't running windows 95 anymore. I if you fear a GIF image chewing up memory, time to upgrade... or that system is gonna catch fire.

Well I beg your pardon if the machine I am using doesn't meet your ultra-high standards... are you going to buy me a new one?

Not everyone can afford a brand spanking new shiny fast machine... and I suppose it never occurred to you that some of us may be accessing this site from work or public computers that aren't ours to replace in the first place.

Now one 2MB animation really isn't going to affect much... but once several morons quote the image and each add their own animation to the stack... I hope you can see where I am going with this. There is a reason that our signatures and avatars have size restrictions... and I believe that this same logic should be applied to posting images... animated or otherwise.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]As was stated in the other thread, quoting an image does not make the image have to be loaded twice. It still only loads once. The size limits on avatars and signatures are to stop (a) the postbit breaking the layout, and (b) signatures being longer than posts.

If the website looks right (i.e. not just black borders, white backgrounds, blue links, and grey buttons) it means you're using a browser that supports CSS. If your running a browser that supports CSS, your computer is not going to collapse from a few .gifs .

Also, you do realise that .gif s are not always animated? In fact, your avatar is a .gif.[/font]

Status
Not open for further replies.