Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I never had bed protection in my life, what does it look like, how do you put it on, over your undersheet, under it? A little confused

Assuming by undersheet, you mean the sheet between you and the mattress, then protective covers go under the sheet, not on top of. Their purpose is to protect the mattress, not the sheets. As for what they look like, it depends on the type. It could just be a large square of rubberised or PVC material. It could be a fitted sheet made of PVC. It could be a PVC-backed square of absorbent material, either washable or disposable. There's plenty of choice.

Thanks, I got drynites bed mats that clearly states that it goes under the undersheet and it's a decent size and has a sticky tape thing that sticks it to the bed, pretty impressed with it so far.

Angelic said:
Thanks, I got drynites bed mats that clearly states that it goes under the undersheet and it's a decent size and has a sticky tape thing that sticks it to the bed, pretty impressed with it so far.

They sound better than the Drynites bed mats I tried a few years ago which had tucks on but weren't long enough for a single bed and just moved around

We use a waterproof mattress cover on the mattress and then a bedwetting pad on top of that under the sheet in case my diapers and plastic pants leak. I also have another bedwetting pad to put on top when it does in the middle of the night.

My pads came in a pack of 7 for £5 something, not bad...

I wear nappies to bed its in case it leaks

As a child, I had a mattress protector under my bottom, fitted sheet. Then mum would put another protector over that, then another bottom sheet, but not a fitted one.
If my nappy leaked during the night, she could just strip the first sheet and protector off quickly, leaving my bed still made up and protected.
Easier than trying to remake the bed in the middle of the night.

If I wet the bed which I usually did I was just expected to sleep in it until morning.

Eww!, that's cold and yucky!

Angelic said:
Eww!, that's cold and yucky!
I just got used to it. To be honest it never bothered me.

ST50 said:
If I wet the bed which I usually did I was just expected to sleep in it until morning.

When I wet the bed in my younger days, I slept so soundly that I wouldn't wake up till morning so a wet bed never bothered me.

For my bed I have a waterproof mattress pad just in case the diaper leaks overnight.

BabyDenise said:
When I wet the bed in my younger days, I slept so soundly that I wouldn't wake up till morning so a wet bed never bothered me.
Same here. If I did wake I usually just rolled over and went back to sleep.

ST50 said:

Same for me, one night after changing my wet sheets mom declared that it was the last time. From now I was to quietly lay in it till morning. That night was a turning point for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back