How do you pick a diaper?

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
How do you pick out what diaper you're going to wear? I tend to get a lot of different diapers all at once. It's cheaper to get a case more often than to get just a pack, so I get mix cases more often then not. So I have a constant problem on what diaper to do I wear and when.

Reactions: pdiapered, TigerDL and BobbiSueEllen
I wish I had that problem XD right now I have an open pack of attends advanced briefs (not buying those again) or my Lil Monsters which I have 4 left and I'm saving
For more, stuck with those Attends

Reactions: pdiapered, Blathers and BobbiSueEllen
It depends on what I'm using them for. I have a wide selection of AB/DL diapers, medical diapers (plastic and cloth-backed), pull-ups, training pants and a few cloth diapers, and most of them serve a certain function.

Like, if I'm regressing, then typically I'll go for pull-ups or training pants, or an AB/DL diaper that fits my mood. Whether or not I'll be messing or wetting a lot also plays a factor in my decision. If it's for non-regressive purposes, then I might choose a plastic medical diaper, a cloth-backed one if I'm going out or an AB/DL diaper I'm trying to finish off so I can buy new ones. If I just wanna throw on a diaper for the heck of it, I have a few cheaper, lesser-grade medical diapers to choose from.

I honestly never realized how much thought I put into this...

Reactions: Blathers
I pick my diaper like this: "Eenie, Meenie, Minie, Moe, grab a diaper by its toe..." 🤭

Anyway, my teddies love that. 🥳

• Love
Reactions: Alexande, JaysonTheRegressor, Blathers and 1 other person
Depends what I’m doing ... for bedtime I wear a BunnyHops, during the day it’s either a Kiddo or BareBums for if I need to be out and about but my primary day diaper is a little pawz

Reactions: Blathers and BobbiSueEllen
I have all my open packs in a roller crate thing, I pretty much just close my eyes and grab one

Reactions: TigerDL and BobbiSueEllen
Chanch0 said:
I have all my open packs in a roller crate thing, I pretty much just close my eyes and grab one
Cool idea

Reactions: Blathers and BobbiSueEllen
Whichever one I haven't worn in a while and want to experience again

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I guess it depends the budget you have and what you need it for like if you want it to hold a lot then look for that but if you'd rather just wear them to wear them then I guess go for looks but sometimes you find a brand that can both hold a lot and you like the look of them, those are the best lol

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I've got a good variety in my cabinet, I wear a diaper that's appropriate to what I'm going to be doing in the next few hours. I have a single model I wear to work (NS Supreme Lite), a variety of high or very high capacity for overnight (depending on how much I've had to drink that evening), or something fairly lightweight and general (or whatever I happen to have in surplus) for evening wear.

To buy: I usually choose like 4/5 diapers based on former experience with brands and versions, what situations I want to wear them , or just ones that look cool. They are mostly plastic backed and range from not very thick to super thick and mosltly include both medical diapers and diapers with prints. Then I buy a pack of each, sometimes 2.

To wear: really depends on the situation and just what I feel like wearing. Most of the time it's the thicker ones to wear at home and the not so thick ones for outside the house under my clothes.
(Yet mostly I don't go much thinner than a Tena Maxi Active Fit plastic backed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexande
Personally I love a large variety, part depends on my mood, but it also mainly depends on my body. If I want to wear a diaper, simply to wear a diaper I'll pick out a pair of Goodnites, and I just go through the pack in the design that comes up, right now I have camo and skateboards. When I need to wear a diaper for my medical issues, it depends on my physical reaction; I have a minor food allergy from overuse of prescription antibiotics and other medication from being sick that has caused liver damage, which will be a long-ish road to recovery and wet nights are just part of it. If, as I often do, bloat up I am not a fan of the fixed waist design, especially if I need to slip it down for #2 during the night, I prefer an open waist design of a true diaper. Pampers and Luvs are what I have, with my preference to Luvs (and the 3 channel design, but Luvs have always out-preformed Pampers for my uses) in that case I rotate the brands, I have some old Baby Dry 6's that work, but I'm not the biggest fan without the 3 channel design, they take some priority just to use up, but if I am in misery and want to treat myself, or know it'll be a heavy night, it's Luvs. It's night so designs don't matter too much when I feel like I'm about ready to explode like that prisoner in The Dark Night with the phone in him

I wear occasionally so diapers last for a while. This also means that there are always more diapers to try. So...I try to get diapers that I haven't worn before and that get descent ratings on ADISC.

I have a few packs of diapers I’m throwing into the street , I’m not littering just want people enjoy what I enjoy

• Haha
Reactions: PurplePup89
It really depends on where I am going as I normally wear a plain white Betterdry diaper but I do buy (Fun diapers for a change of pace) if I am going to work (Customers site) I wear a plain white diaper if shopping or visiting friends that know Im am IC I will wear a printed diaper like Crinklz or Tykable cammies and not worry about it.

I have had to change multiple times while at a clients and I dispose of my diaper in the company‘s bathroom so a plain white diaper is less noticeable in the trash can :)

I no longer worry if some one notices my diaper while changing its part of dealing with incontinence

Anything with a cute print will work as a "system administration" diaper for me. When I'm thinkering with a project at home, I pick out something absorbent and colorful. For the rare occasions when I wear downtown, thin and plain ones will have to do.

Formula goes need over mood. I have to consider what my body demands over my mood. Since I'm a clothie I decide the look, then the performance. One stuffer is usually day out/working around...but I have recently realized I need to double if I'm at risk of sleeping, because it's when I sleep that accidents are most likely to strike.

I just tested different models that looked appealing,
at the end Crinklz won, even when i think Peek ABU's are a little better,
but they are way more expensive.

Reactions: Ereid2k19
KryanAshford said:
How do you pick out what diaper you're going to wear?
So I have a constant problem on what diaper to do I wear and when.

Well, I currently only wear M4s so I take the top one from my drawer, lol.

Hmmmm, Can't decide what diaper to wear under certain clothes or occasions?
Welcome to the everyday life of us girls having to choose (or change into) the right panties to match our outfit. :D

KryanAshford said:
I tend to get a lot of different diapers all at once. It's cheaper to get a case more often than to get just a pack, so I get mix cases more often then not. So I have a constant problem on what diaper to do I wear and when.

i have the same problem .. although calling it a problem seems a bit 'First Worldly' .. right now i have a good supply of ABU: Kiddos, Space, BareBums and Cushies, along with Dotty Prides, Dry 24/7's TotalDry Overnights and Depend PwT's .. generally i pick my socks first, i have a bunch of different color frilly ankle socks (VERY BABYISH!) and then i pick a diaper that goes with that sock, in case of the all white diapers i have various colors of plastic panties to add spice.. but a plain white diaper is nice sometimes too..

Back