• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

How do you obtain your music?

How do you obtain your music?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
Are you a naughty little pirate or an innocent CD buyer? Why?

I've downloaded from BearShare in the past, but stopped and purchased CDs only because it crashed my computer.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
All music I have has been downloaded over the net. Through Torrents or Direct Links over HTTP. However, am I being a pirate to getting them? About half of them are realised freely by the artist. But the artist still has owns the copyright rights over it.

I have yet to buy any music.

B

Butterfly Mage

I just can't steal. I hate the record companies, but like the artists

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've bought many hundreds of 78s 45s, LPs, 8-Tracks, Cassettes, CDs and even some Reel to Reel tapes over the last forty-something years. Due to malware issues I've mostly avoided Napster and it's clones. I do however "obtain" a lot of music from the newsgroups. Tag sales and thrift shops add to my collection a lot too.

Role
Sissy
I download a lot, but it's mostly highly obscure music. Neoclassical darkwave like Dark Sanctuary and symphonic gothic metal like After Forever is just rather difficult to find, quite frankly. Not that their record companies give a shit, anyway.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Mostly illegally by torrents or from friends computers. I don't fell too bad about it though. I actually bought the album of my ex-boyfreind's friends on iTunes, to which they said something along the lines of: "Thanks a lot, you just earned us a couple of cents. Oh, the things we will be able to do with this newfound wealth".

I still pay a lot of money to see live shows, which actually makes more money for the bands, but the record industry really needs to think of something new if they expect me and other people to pay for the music itself.

AnonKiba

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, Little
I use limewire, mostly because i don't have the money to dish out to itunes or buy CD's when i can get it all for free :D

S

Secret

I will pirate albums that I already have on vinyl, but for everything else I will buy it on itunes or my CD collection.

But some REALY obscure music like for instance "Bucketheads Master gigantron" album that was only released in Japan in limited qauntities I am pretty much forced to pirate it because its so obscure.

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I've bought about 4-5 albums and downloaded the rest illegally (~15GB).

krebstar

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Private trackers and the like. It's remarkably easy to find what you want on the internet.

But one of my pasttimes is to go to record stores and hunt out good used cd's when i have the time + money, two things which i unfortunately do not have much of right now. I also like to buy from smaller labels. Support the underdog etc.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
I used to either steal online or buy CDs, but in the past few years I've just started using iTunes for everything. It's so much easier and more convenient, and you feel better about yourself too. It really doesn't cost that much money either.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
*Bans everybody who voted illegally*
:p

I buy CDs from the net. I like owning the CD and having the cover art, plus it's a nice back-up if the computer dies.
Plus I like getting it through the post, I'm excitable like that. :D

Role
Diaper Lover,
It depends.
I usually use a web-radio recording tool.
If I really like the music I buy the CDs... If not, well...

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
When I saw this thread my first thought was "how long is it going to stay un-locked?" :D

I honestly don't remember the last time I've bought music on a CD.

Then, let's just say that it would simply be impossible for me to have got to know and have listened to so much different music if I had to buy it on CDs in some store, also because a lot of the "interesting" music is not what is mainstream and easy to find, or broadcasted on radio. And it's not uncommon to find good music absolutely by chance doing random searches from some compilation titles, something that would require days if done in "traditional" ways. On the other hand, if you find something you don't like, you can simply trash it without regretting having spent money for buying a bad CD.

Then, I've also got an archive of cassettes and records from the past years, mostly inherited from some relatives. There are some kinds of music (like classical) which simply don't sound right if listened from an *.mp3.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
i probably spend more $$$ on music than anything else, (cd's, concert dvds, concert tickets) probably one of my biggest hobbies.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I buy CDs from the net. I like owning the CD and having the cover art, plus it's a nice back-up if the computer dies.
Plus I like getting it through the post, I'm excitable like that. :D
I'm the same but with DVDs. It's like I could of downloaded this, but screw it. I've spent time and effort earning this! And it leads to the idea that if you buy something you appreciate it more rather than illegally downloading it. As you try to get your monies worth out of it.

F

Falkio

I just buy the CD on Amazon, then import it to iTunes. That way if anything happens and I was to lazy to back-up, I'll still have a hard copy. LimeWire just doesn't seem worth the risk of getting a virus. The only alternative would be torrents, but I don't know how it works. For really old game soundtracks, I would use Vixy.net to extract the .mp3 file from You Tube videos to get the songs I wanted.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I personally don't buy music myself. I like some stuff, but if I didn't have any new stuff to listen to I wouldn't really be bothered. My Dad gives me far more music then I want because he is obsessed with it anyway.

As for how he gets it - legally downloaded of Napster then illegally copied so he has a permanent copy. I like having CDs personally, at least for my favourite albums, but he just wants music, in vast quantities.

Status
Not open for further replies.