How do you learn to trust your SO?

LilFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Long story short I have been struggling with being little around my supportive partner. Even the most basic of things, coloring, puzzles, cuddling, etc, anything minutely related to being vulnerable. This leads to me closing up which upsets her because im not telling her whats wrong. The other day this happened and she said "I want to be supportive, but i want your trust too". I have been thinking about that for awhile now and i think i lost my trust in others a long time ago. Not sure when it happened, but that really it home.
This leads me to my question of how you lovelies found, developed, or gained trust in your SO's or people close to you?

Reactions: odd1inSyde

enigmatic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I've been in your shoes. You could try acting vulnerable as a little and then just ask your SO what she is feeling and then reveal how you are feeling as it's happening. That will open up a dialogue and you'll see how nonthreatening, it sounds like, she is.

It's not logical or easy since it's beating back years of fear reflex but she's worth the risk. It sounds like you found a very supportive SO.

Reactions: LilFox

aberrantlyme

Married, ABDL, Nerd
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
For us, it has been baby steps. Small acts the have built up trust and comfort over time.

I have felt how you feel, and my wife has felt unfortunate around me too. We have worked together to create an environment where both of us are able to feel comfortable. In those moments we both are able to take steps towards towards what we are reach working on.

For my wife, she is gaining comfort in interacting with my diaper. It has been slow, but she has been awesome as we've worked together. I've learned over and over it is a marathon, not a sprint.

This should be similar for you. She will set the stage, and slowly you can gain the trust of being this side of yourself. Allowing your little side out can be scary, and it still is for me!

I've written a few blog posts about this. Here's one about incremental acceptance.

Hang in there, and allow yourself the space to grow!

Reactions: LilFox and WarmAndSquishy

WarmAndSquishy

Mama’s most favorite boy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
aberrantlyme said:
For us, it has been baby steps. Small acts the have built up trust and comfort over time.

I have felt how you feel, and my wife has felt unfortunate around me too. We have worked together to create an environment where both of us are able to feel comfortable. In those moments we both are able to take steps towards towards what we are reach working on.

For my wife, she is gaining comfort in interacting with my diaper. It has been slow, but she has been awesome as we've worked together. I've learned over and over it is a marathon, not a sprint.

This should be similar for you. She will set the stage, and slowly you can gain the trust of being this side of yourself. Allowing your little side out can be scary, and it still is for me!

I've written a few blog posts about this. Here's one about incremental acceptance.

Hang in there, and allow yourself the space to grow!
I was going to say something along the lines of this but you put it together so much better than I could!