How do you just...go?

Fwoggy

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hello all. First post here and I have a question: how do you just go? I have an incredibly shy bladder. I can’t go with people in the room or while being looked at. I try to force it out but it just doesn’t happen. No matter how much I drink, on the verge of bursting, and it just won’t come out unless I’m in the bathroom.

Is there a way to overcome this? Have any of you ever had this issue? Blease help lol.

Reactions: CookieMonstah, TheWolfEmperor and ChristianDiaperLover
It just takes time. My first few times in diapers, it was difficult to pee even standing up. Now that I'm wearing more regularly, it's getting easier to even go while laying on my back. Like anything else, you just need to train yourself to let go.

Reactions: theancientmariner, Fwoggy and KitsuneFox
I find it a bit odd that I leak no matter what position I am in, but I find it very difficult to intentionally wet myself while laying or sitting down.

@CrybabyTsuki give it time, and try to relax. Eventually your brain will allow you to wet yourself more easily .

Reactions: Fwoggy
It becomes easier as you do it , start out by yourself alone sitting on the toilet if that is what it takes , standing in the bathroom with water running and let it happen don't make it happen ,,, practice practice practice is all it takes and soon you will be wetting whenever and wherever you want

Reactions: TheWolfEmperor and Slomo
Time and practice.

I can now just let go wherever and whenever I want to, whether I’m standing, sitting, lying down or even walking.

This is as long as I have a nappy on that is a brand I trust.

Reactions: russell100
PCS said:
Time and practice.

I can now just let go wherever and whenever I want to, whether I’m standing, sitting, lying down or even walking.

Same for me except I can go even if I am not diapered if I want to as I sometimes do, I often used to wet my pants just to wet them

Yup, it takes time and practice. NEVER try and force it though. I had to do that for over a decade due to a neurogenic blockage, and it only made things get worse with time. Eventually I had to go under a series of 13 surgeries for them to open me up again! Seriously, no joke.

As mentioned, start off diapered and sitting on the toilet. Try running the sink tap too, the sound of running water is a known and common trigger for making people pee. Once that gets easy then try standing in front of the toilet to go. Then elsewhere in privacy, then maybe in your back yard, and finally out in public. It may take years, but "relax" and you'll get there eventually.

I think this is important. One of the inhibiting factors is fear of leaking / making a puddle. If you have any uncertainty about what is going to happen, it triggers the 'Caution - you can't wee here' warning system. If you can be confident that no matter how odd it seems not weeing in the toilet, nothing bad will come of it, then at least one inhibition is removed. Use ABDL-grade nappies and test them with floods, standing in the shower if you like, to prove to yourself that they will not let you down. If you have any leak issues, fix them now.

Then, start increasing the envelope as mentioned above, finding new places and situations where you can do it, avoiding the frustration of trying in places that you are not yet ready for. Keep in mind that lots of people are shy about using their nappies in public at first; they had to practice and so do you. It's part of the learning curve just like using the potty was when you were little. Ultimately, you can be equally expert at using both nappies and potties. I can let go in the middle of a face-to-face conversation, I don't really think about it, but I haven't lost any control. Enjoy your journey of discovery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TheWolfEmperor, JackandJill, chobits743 and 2 others
chamberpot said:
It becomes easier as you do it , start out by yourself alone sitting on the toilet if that is what it takes , standing in the bathroom with water running and let it happen don't make it happen ,,, practice practice practice is all it takes and soon you will be wetting whenever and wherever you want

This is exactly how I trained myself and I think is the best method. My approach was to go to bathroom wearing a diaper, but still pee in the toilet, as this helped my brain associate "peeing" with "being in a diaper". After a few days of that, I then tried standing at the toilet to pee, but not removing the diaper. Took a little while, few deep breaths and suchlike, but was able to go reasonable freely. Kept doing that for a while to build confidence in capacity and best technique, then slowly tried going elsewhere in the house. Once I was comfortable going anywhere in the house, I'd go for a walk round the block in the evening, maybe after drinking a few glasses of water. Would do a sort of figure of eight route so I was never more than minute or two from home, so felt relaxed enough to be able to go, as I knew I could get home to change if need be. Does take practice, but definitely worth it.

Reactions: TheWolfEmperor and chamberpot
CrybabyTsuki said:
Hello all. First post here and I have a question: how do you just go? I have an incredibly shy bladder. I can’t go with people in the room or while being looked at. I try to force it out but it just doesn’t happen. No matter how much I drink, on the verge of bursting, and it just won’t come out unless I’m in the bathroom.

Is there a way to overcome this? Have any of you ever had this issue? Blease help lol.
sometimes i go outside in a very quite spot, lean forword on something and just relax, running water , even in background if i am doing something else helps, i used to go while driving a car,but now have to stop completley, once i can start i have walked and done all sorts of things so it will get ezier walking or doing anything, lots of times i have to close my eyes and totally relax, it is even more rewarding when i am able to go

Get on your hands and knees if you can and just relax and breathe that's how I started and it worked for me now I have to wear diapers so I don't have think about it anymore

One thing to try in the privacy of one's own home, is to sit on the toilet while wearing a diaper.

A lot of really good advice here. I would also suggest sitting on the toilet in regular underwear and trying to pee in those. The more your body gets used to releasing in your clothes, the better you will be at moving on to peeing yourself while standing. As a kid I sometimes wet myself on the way home, on a day when I knew my mother was working both jobs.

Reactions: Sidewinder
Oh I’m the same way. My bladder is stronger than a borg cube. I have slowly found ways to relax. Best advice is starting to just relax standing in the bathroom. Just being in there will help. Once more comfortable wetting with out force, try doing the same but outside the bathroom. Soon wetting standing up will be easy, or at least when you have a full bladder. I myself am stuck at that point as I can only wet so far standing and really having to go. I assume for both of us, with more time wearing and wetting it will become easier standing as well as in any other position.

I agree with the comments that it takes time and practice. Remember you are trying to reverse years of conventional toilet training and what is considered the social norm. I now wear and wet at work; a professional atmosphere and no one is aware; or if they are, no one has ever asked if I was incontinent. I can also mess my diapers during a normal social interaction without being patently obvious; I do not soil my diaper at work, however. If I load my diaper I make sure that I will not be offensive to anyone, and mess discreetly and not in close quarters.

Visualization is also a good technique as well...

To imagine oneself in the process, then to make real, the process you've erstwhile imagined yourself in.

Last edited:
Just practice and don't get discouraged; we've all been there, and it gets easier with experience.

Reactions: billybobtombo and SoFloDL
One option that I found effective ... Start using the restroom like normal. Then, before finishing, put your cloths back together and relax to release the rest of the way. ... I don't endorse this if it becomes painful in the least, but I find as other posters said - if you can go in normal underwear / pants, then the diaper will become easier. But sometimes starting the flow over the toilet is the easiest.

Also - the more I have to go, the more difficult it can be. I think sub-consciously there is concern of leaking because of flooding. But if I hold to long, it can get difficult to go even on the toilet. Avoid that.

You will be able to do it if you keep trying, but relaxation is the key, and when you have learnt how to do that then try to learn to trust your diaper as to how much it will hold before leaking, eventually you will get to know the signs, very wet crotch feeling, dampness around the crotch leak guards of the diaper, just keep trying you will get there 👍🏼

Reactions: TheWolfEmperor
ClandestineWing said:
Just practice and don't get discouraged; we've all been there, and it gets easier with experience.

This ⬆⬆⬆

“Little and often” is the key, and at first you need to consciously stop and think every few minutes to empty whatever is in your bladder. Even if a few drops only. Before you know it you’ll be dripping away constantly and filling your nappies!

Practice make perfect 😊

Last edited:
Reactions: Sidewinder
Back