how do you help your (religious) family accept with your little side

kitten92

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur, Little
im trying to find a post about what to do once your family finds out your little.
my mother has known for a wile but shes christian and cant accept me.
ive tried all i can think of but she still thinks my diapers are sending me to hell.
i cant afford to move out even with my full time job of yet. (though i am saving to do so)
if any one has some advice that can help me live in peace until i can support my self.
please chime in

Topex

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
There's been quite the discussion on this here: https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/my-love-for-diapers-seems-completely-incompatible-with-my-faith-vent-rant.133490/.

My personal opinion, as a catholic myself, is that there is nowhere in the Bible or in any teachings of the Church for that matter that say wearing diapers is morally wrong or evil. I believe personally that if you are seeking sexual gratification, i.e. masturbating in diapers, that's wrong in the eyes of religion, but if you're just doing it for comfort and acting little there's nothing wrong with that, as long as you're being respectful of others and still contributing to society. If you let it take over your life and have it be your sole focus and aren't living up to your potential, that's a different thing. But if you're living a good life, being kind to others, and responsible with your own actions, I don't see any reason why God would frown upon you finding comfort in something harmless like a diaper

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
I think you have to bite the bullet on this one and respect the beliefs of those who are providing you shelter, even if you don't share the same beliefs. Getting someone to change their fundamental beliefs isn't easy or always possible. Your mother is concerned for you. Her deeply held beliefs makes her worry about what she believes is your immortal soul.

It's easy to understand her not accepting your AB behavior, but it's sad if she really can't accept you as a person; as her child. At the very least that old Christian cliche should come into play here, "Hate the sin. Love the sinner". (Not that any of us believe it's a sin).

Have patience. You will probably have to wait until you move out to live the lifestyle you want. In the meantime try your best to get along with your mother. Let her know you love her. Limit or stop your AB activity to avoid friction while you are living at home. With a little luck she might do some research and come to understand ABDL desires in more realistic terms, but don't hold your breath. Hopefully you will be in your own place in a year or two. Patience!

Evahasgone2

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
That's a sure sign of get out and get out as soon as you can. My parents weren't religious to the point they went to church ten times a week, but thank goodness they never tried to push religion on me. I got out of my house relatively young. By eighteen I was on my own. Church and politics are two of the worst things to really bring up, because many don't know where to start or where to end. I say bide your time and try not to make the AB activity a major factor until you have had time to get out on your own. As for diapers sending you to hell, don't let the twilight zone ruin your way of thinking. Enjoy your AB side when you are in your own place. I had absent parents that were always working, so I had time to clean and do my own laundry, and no parents around. Drifter said it in one word "patience" my friend, life is all about patience.

Poofybutt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
That's a terrible situation to be in... hang in there, stay strong and let the negativity roll off your back 🤗

Honestly, I was raised under a number of religions and coming from a religious family background, I can tell you that the worst thing about religion is that the extremists use it as a barrier to shield themselves from things they don't understand, regardless of whether those things be good, bad or in-between. Religion is the opium of the people.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm still religious myself to the extent that I believe there is more to life than just what we see/experience, but when people begin viewing religion not as a set of values and beliefs designed to guide ones morals, but as a means of subjugating, oppressing, condemning and enforcing their opinions/beliefs onto others then something has gone terribly wrong 😔

Echoing what others have said, nowhere in the bible does it state that wearing diapers is gonna send you to hell, so no worries there 😄 and yeah, I would perhaps abstain from indulging/exploring your AB/DL side until you move out and have a place of your own. It sounds as though wearing and exploring under your mother's roof, even incognito, is only gonna lead to conflict and heartache, so for the time being, I would withhold from diapering up/regressing and keep saving away for your own place :)

As far as getting a religious family member to accept this side of you, that may never happen I'm afraid 😔 Once someone has it in their head that a person's way of being goes against their religious beliefs, they'll feign moral superiority and continue to look down on said person. When you eventually get a place of your own, you may need to limit how active your Mother is in your life, you could do without that level of condescension and toxicity.

Last edited:

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
You should do what I did after I got caught by my parents. My mom definitely did not approve and my dad said nothing. It was my senior year in college, so once I graduated I got a job in another state. After I moved out I told my parents that I had given up diapers. etc. Sometimes lying is the best way to go......sigh. To be honest, I had lied to them all my life about so many things and they almost always discovered I was lying. Still, they probably don't want to know what turns you on and visa/versa.

Andrewgdfw

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
That's a sure sign of get out and get out as soon as you can. My parents weren't religious to the point they went to church ten times a week, but thank goodness they never tried to push religion on me. I got out of my house relatively young. By eighteen I was on my own. Church and politics are two of the worst things to really bring up, because many don't know where to start or where to end. I say bide your time and try not to make the AB activity a major factor until you have had time to get out on your own. As for diapers sending you to hell, don't let the twilight zone ruin your way of thinking. Enjoy your AB side when you are in your own place. I had absent parents that were always working, so I had time to clean and do my own laundry, and no parents around. Drifter said it in one word "patience" my friend, life is all about patience.

Sage advice there. Get a job and move out on your own. Initiative and self-reliance should motivate you. Then enjoy your kink involving diapers or whatever without interference from others or by your intrusions into their (religious or political) space.

IRugrat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
There's been quite the discussion on this here: https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/my-love-for-diapers-seems-completely-incompatible-with-my-faith-vent-rant.133490/.

My personal opinion, as a catholic myself, is that there is nowhere in the Bible or in any teachings of the Church for that matter that say wearing diapers is morally wrong or evil. I believe personally that if you are seeking sexual gratification, i.e. masturbating in diapers, that's wrong in the eyes of religion, but if you're just doing it for comfort and acting little there's nothing wrong with that, as long as you're being respectful of others and still contributing to society. If you let it take over your life and have it be your sole focus and aren't living up to your potential, that's a different thing. But if you're living a good life, being kind to others, and responsible with your own actions, I don't see any reason why God would frown upon you finding comfort in something harmless like a diaper
Well put

pokemonjesuzzz111111

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
im trying to find a post about what to do once your family finds out your little.
ive tried all i can think of but she still thinks my diapers are sending me to hell.
i cant afford to move out even with my full time job of yet. (though i am saving to do so)
if any one has some advice that can help me live in peace until i can support my self.
please chime in
kitten92 I am supporting you about you wanting to help your religious family accept your little side and you wanting advice that can help you live in peace! I am praying for you and sending loving and healing energy to you! If you pray, I very gently suggest that you pray for your family to help your family accept you being a little! I believe that love heals! I feel that your love for your family could open their hearts to accept and embrace you being a little!

MrGnome

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
please chime in
Wow that really sucks! My wife and I finally were able to move away from her religious fanatic family!

Her grandma would also say similar things that god didn't like diapers and it was a sin. It's completely delusional! I really don't think god gives a crap what's on your butt. As long you're a good person, treat people well, and don't kill anyone you will be fine. From my experience some of the worst people are actually the religious fanatics. Lots of time these people turned to church because they actually did really messed up stuff and felt guilty about it.

Lots of people in jail turn to the church. Because they are afraid of themselves and need a religion to help them control being a psycho. I have always been a good person but I didn't need religion to guide me. It's just common sense what feel good and bad to you. You don't need a priest dictating what you do with their life. It's opinion it's not god's written word! And the church can shove it!

I think needs to be more research on sexual repression and guilt affecting one's health negatively!

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I agree with MrGnome. It's surprising how many lives have been damaged by religious fanatics, people who think they have a corner on the mind of God. One could go on and on about that I suppose, but it may be outside of the scope of the OP. I think you just have to take your time in trying to gain acceptance. Of course, religious fanatics won't change their mine and when diapers are involved, that means you have to wear on the q. t. and when the occasion arrives. I did that for years until I told my wife. Fortunately, she was very accepting, but we weren't religious extremists either. It's like what we often say on this site: everything in moderation.

M3336

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
please chime in
No where in the Bible does it say wearing a diaper is a sin. Your mom is over acting because she doesn't like it. Sorry to say it like that but it's the truth

sbmccue

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
People who wear religion on their shirtsleeve still scare the heck out of me. I always find it interesting that Christians, in particular, who are supposed to be loving, accepting and nonjudgmental, are some of the most judgmental people on the planet.

We've had lots of discussions on this site about whether wearing diapers or acting like an infant is a sin. Some point to the Biblical injunction to put away childish things as proof that the Bible instructs against regression. But since diapers, per se, were unknown until about the 16th Century, expecting to find any mention of them in the Bible is a bit shortsighted.

As M3336 noted, your mom didn't like what you told her, so she's using her Christian beliefs as 'muscle' in an effort to convince you (and herself) that your little side is immoral, unhealthy or unGodly. Unfortunately, there's no Scriptural evidence to back up her belief ... but it's her belief, and you're not likely to dissuade her.

ChristianDiaperLover

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
please chime in
I’m a Christian and my family is to and my parents and brother know about my ABDL side. My dad thinks it’s weird and I don’t like talking about it to him. My mom on the other hand thinks it’s gross and that I’m an adult and potty trained and don’t need diapers. She knows I buy them and doesn’t care really anymore just wants me to outgrow it eventually. She used to joke about it but not really anymore. My brother knows I love them and doesn’t care unless I’m wearing around him. My older siblings don’t know and I hope to keep it that way. So in the end religious or not every parent will take it differently. Majority of all parents most likely would not accept it.

MrGnome

Est. Contributor
Role
People who wear religion on their shirtsleeve still scare the heck out of me. I always find it interesting that Christians, in particular, who are supposed to be loving, accepting and nonjudgmental, are some of the most judgmental people on the planet.

We've had lots of discussions on this site about whether wearing diapers or acting like an infant is a sin. Some point to the Biblical injunction to put away childish things as proof that the Bible instructs against regression. But since diapers, per se, were unknown until about the 16th Century, expecting to find any mention of them in the Bible is a bit shortsighted.

As M3336 noted, your mom didn't like what you told her, so she's using her Christian beliefs as 'muscle' in an effort to convince you (and herself) that your little side is immoral, unhealthy or unGodly. Unfortunately, there's no Scriptural evidence to back up her belief ... but it's her belief, and you're not likely to dissuade her.
I agree most them are NOT loving! I tell you how loving they are! My wife's grandma is a Christian Advantis religious freak who wanted my wife to get all her sexual organs cut out because she has Aspergers! I gave her grandma a piece of mind when I found that out. And we completely cut that old miserable ass out of our lives. And we feel a huge relief!

She also forced her before I met her, to stick an IUD in her vagina that has side effects. As soon as we got married I got that shit taken out of her!

Sometimes I think the Christians are worshipping a demon NOT god. When you think about it, wouldn't that be satan's biggest trick? Infiltrate the church and reverse the message, but while not telling them their not worshipping god or jesus anymore. I think the churches have twisted and perverted Jesus original message. I mean the Op's situation kind reminds me of the movie Water Boy when his mother calls everything the devil!

In fact more evidence Jesus had more Buddhist beliefs and even spent times in those countries. King James Version is complete abomination to the original bible. King James used the bible to control the lower class! He also was pedophile that rapped children. I don't think alot good came out of his version of the bible! And sadly that's the version most Christian follow today!

Attachments

LittleLadyAmora

Lady Amora
Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Little, Carer, Other
I don't tell my parents ANYTHING, not even my own religion that I follow at all. The last time I tried to explain to them about Paganism they called it 'satanic'. They feel as if the only right Christian sect is Baptist and all other religions are wrong. Guess what? They are all going to hell for it. When my dad told me that I was speechless. I wasn't for sure to laugh or stare out the window as I had felt my brain melt.
Ever since I left that religon no one can bring up whatever 'God' they want to guilt trip or scare me into doing something like my family has done (especially my grandma) throughout my life leaving me with anxiety issues (along with ADD I have.)
I've read some of the King James Bible and it's absolutely horrific when I look at it with new eyes. The amount of mass killing, the justification for mutilation is just something I could hardly read.
But I digress.
My parents had a really hard time accepting my 'goth-like' fashion as a teenager so bringing up diapers, furries, stuffed animals and other unconventional interests would just spark issues because of their archaic thinking. Thankfully, I don't live with them, however, now I stay with my boyfriend's family and plan on moving soon so I can just live my life in peace without people poking their nose in our business with judgemental eyes.

MrGnome

Est. Contributor
Role
I don't tell my parents ANYTHING, not even my own religion that I follow at all. The last time I tried to explain to them about Paganism they called it 'satanic'. They feel as if the only right Christian sect is Baptist and all other religions are wrong. Guess what? They are all going to hell for it. When my dad told me that I was speechless. I wasn't for sure to laugh or stare out the window as I had felt my brain melt.
Ever since I left that religon no one can bring up whatever 'God' they want to guilt trip or scare me into doing something like my family has done (especially my grandma) throughout my life leaving me with anxiety issues (along with ADD I have.)
I've read some of the King James Bible and it's absolutely horrific when I look at it with new eyes. The amount of mass killing, the justification for mutilation is just something I could hardly read.
But I digress.
My parents had a really hard time accepting my 'goth-like' fashion as a teenager so bringing up diapers, furries, stuffed animals and other unconventional interests would just spark issues because of their archaic thinking. Thankfully, I don't live with them, however, now I stay with my boyfriend's family and plan on moving soon so I can just live my life in peace without people poking their nose in our business with judgemental eyes.
Awesome your pagan! My wife and I would very much get along lol! I was actually brought up with Norse and Native American beliefs! I don't hear alot of abdls who are into that stuff! People thought was creepy occultist for liking that type of stuff. Omg baptist? Ughhh my wifes dads side is Baptist. And everyone I known is crazy! Don't they not even celebrate halloween cause they think it's the devil?

Yeah right is should be the reverse, paganism is a worship of nature and gods energy within everything, and modern Christianity is actually satanic. You also noticed lots of christians are very nasty to nature and animals? Have you seen pictures of the creepy crap in the vatican?

I swear god they're actually worshipping a demon!

Anyway glad your getting away from them! It's not healthy being around people that will bring you down and control your life. And yes King James is very sick monkey!

LittleLadyAmora

Lady Amora
Est. Contributor
Role
Awesome your pagan! My wife and I would very much get along lol! I was actually brought up with Norse and Native American beliefs! I don't hear alot of abdls who are into that stuff! People thought was creepy occultist for liking that type of stuff. Omg baptist? Ughhh my wifes dads side is Baptist. And everyone I known is crazy! Don't they not even celebrate halloween cause they think it's the devil?

Yeah right is should be the reverse, paganism is a worship of nature and gods energy within everything, and modern Christianity is actually satanic. You also noticed lots of christians are very nasty to nature and animals? Have you seen pictures of the creepy crap in the vatican?

I swear god they're actually worshipping a demon!

Anyway glad your getting away from them! It's not healthy being around people that will bring you down and control your life. And yes King James is very sick monkey!
I'm not actually a pagan per se, I'm more Luciferian it's more atheistic but, branches out towards Paganism as inspiration. I've read about Satanism starting off with LaVeyan. It's not what people say it's just atheism. There are some that are theistic but, they are more like Pagan. I've only come across one that gave me the chills, lol.
I brought up Paganism to my dad had tried to explain to him it's not evil and it's honoring the natural world but, of course, he didn't believe that. I don't blame him, to be honest. When he was little he was scared into the religion so there's the reason why he's like that. Elders told him about 'hell' and warped his mind.
Also, during those times before the internet, I would imagine it would be somewhat difficult to find out about atheism, Paganism, and other religions, especially with the church, having more of societal influence on people back then unlike now (also depending on where someone lived at. I live in the south). I can even bring up race as well (I'm black) how it can play a role too but, it tends to get very messy.
I was lucky to go to a more lenient church in my teen years but, I would constantly get told how bad I was for not joining the 'teen bible study' or how I'm not clapping along to the songs in church. Even though I was standing there respectfully it wasn't good enough. I've heard some churches would tell some women how to dress, use scare tactics if you didn't donate to the church, use misinformation from mass media to scare people to go to their church and, oh, let me not forget the whole Youtube series that never dies with celebrities and the Illuminati and how everyone on Youtube is an honest 'Christian' who has died and went to hell and came back to life to share their stories.
This is just a few things I can hear from my parents on the phone.
But, this is because it's ingrained in them to be constantly at fear which that's the only way to believe in him. My mom had asked me before, "Do you fear the Lord." and I said, "No, I feel he would be understanding." why can't God be loving, accepting towards us if we are made 'perfectly'?
My family doesn't celebrate Halloween. The only time they did was when I was a kid and that's it. Scary stuff is out of the question. Period.
Last year when I had visited them I had watched Hellraiser and was debating to turn it off because of how gruesome it got, I didn't want to have one of those 'talks' that lasted for hours.
I do have to say I have met some people who were into the same religion as me and was it gross and outright sexual in the most ridiculous way. They had never read the books, ideology or anything and think they can just get laid. Which is why I'm more solo. Occultism is not scary as it sounds it just means 'hidden. This can be something simple as Tarot cards.

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
This has nothing to do with religion or Christianity. This is a person looking to grasp for straws for something they do not like.

There is some very literal interpretations of some passages that can be used but I need to ask, did you after ask your mom in why she thinks that?

LittleLadyAmora

Lady Amora
Est. Contributor
Role
This has nothing to do with religion or Christianity. This is a person looking to grasp for straws for something they do not like.

There is some very literal interpretations of some passages that can be used but I need to ask, did you after ask your mom in why she thinks that?
Personal experience. Yes, those are just a few minor annoyances I had found growing up that's not meant to be taken seriously. However, when people can easily use something that's suppose to be about love and twist to use it against someone is where I have the issue. My grandmother was a pastor that would constantly yell and berate me in front of her friends to entertainment and family, constantly tell me how horrible I was for making the slightest mistake, the constant comparison between my cousin and I, scare tactics to elevate her self-esteem was something I had experienced growing up during the summers. Some of the same things my mother experienced however, her experience were a lot worse. She turned to Christanity for that unconditional love and that I understand.
My anger towards that should be towards the treatment from the entire family turning their back against us followed by backstabbing, abuse, and cruel treatment that we've received. When some people can backtrack and dangle the religion card whenever they feel like it to scare people to do what they want because they fear going to hell is wrong, is something I've experienced too frequently.
I understand that I was a little bit passionate in my last post and for that, I apologize.

Last edited: