how do you help your (religious) family accept with your little side

kitten92

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur, Little
im trying to find a post about what to do once your family finds out your little.
my mother has known for a wile but shes christian and cant accept me.
ive tried all i can think of but she still thinks my diapers are sending me to hell.
i cant afford to move out even with my full time job of yet. (though i am saving to do so)
if any one has some advice that can help me live in peace until i can support my self.
please chime in

Topex

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
There's been quite the discussion on this here: https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/my-love-for-diapers-seems-completely-incompatible-with-my-faith-vent-rant.133490/.

My personal opinion, as a catholic myself, is that there is nowhere in the Bible or in any teachings of the Church for that matter that say wearing diapers is morally wrong or evil. I believe personally that if you are seeking sexual gratification, i.e. masturbating in diapers, that's wrong in the eyes of religion, but if you're just doing it for comfort and acting little there's nothing wrong with that, as long as you're being respectful of others and still contributing to society. If you let it take over your life and have it be your sole focus and aren't living up to your potential, that's a different thing. But if you're living a good life, being kind to others, and responsible with your own actions, I don't see any reason why God would frown upon you finding comfort in something harmless like a diaper

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
I think you have to bite the bullet on this one and respect the beliefs of those who are providing you shelter, even if you don't share the same beliefs. Getting someone to change their fundamental beliefs isn't easy or always possible. Your mother is concerned for you. Her deeply held beliefs makes her worry about what she believes is your immortal soul.

It's easy to understand her not accepting your AB behavior, but it's sad if she really can't accept you as a person; as her child. At the very least that old Christian cliche should come into play here, "Hate the sin. Love the sinner". (Not that any of us believe it's a sin).

Have patience. You will probably have to wait until you move out to live the lifestyle you want. In the meantime try your best to get along with your mother. Let her know you love her. Limit or stop your AB activity to avoid friction while you are living at home. With a little luck she might do some research and come to understand ABDL desires in more realistic terms, but don't hold your breath. Hopefully you will be in your own place in a year or two. Patience!

Evahasgone2

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
That's a sure sign of get out and get out as soon as you can. My parents weren't religious to the point they went to church ten times a week, but thank goodness they never tried to push religion on me. I got out of my house relatively young. By eighteen I was on my own. Church and politics are two of the worst things to really bring up, because many don't know where to start or where to end. I say bide your time and try not to make the AB activity a major factor until you have had time to get out on your own. As for diapers sending you to hell, don't let the twilight zone ruin your way of thinking. Enjoy your AB side when you are in your own place. I had absent parents that were always working, so I had time to clean and do my own laundry, and no parents around. Drifter said it in one word "patience" my friend, life is all about patience.

Poofybutt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
That's a terrible situation to be in... hang in there, stay strong and let the negativity roll off your back 🤗

Honestly, I was raised under a number of religions and coming from a religious family background, I can tell you that the worst thing about religion is that the extremists use it as a barrier to shield themselves from things they don't understand, regardless of whether those things be good, bad or in-between. Religion is the opium of the people.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm still religious myself to the extent that I believe there is more to life than just what we see/experience, but when people begin viewing religion not as a set of values and beliefs designed to guide ones morals, but as a means of subjugating, oppressing, condemning and enforcing their opinions/beliefs onto others then something has gone terribly wrong 😔

Echoing what others have said, nowhere in the bible does it state that wearing diapers is gonna send you to hell, so no worries there 😄 and yeah, I would perhaps abstain from indulging/exploring your AB/DL side until you move out and have a place of your own. It sounds as though wearing and exploring under your mother's roof, even incognito, is only gonna lead to conflict and heartache, so for the time being, I would withhold from diapering up/regressing and keep saving away for your own place :)

As far as getting a religious family member to accept this side of you, that may never happen I'm afraid 😔 Once someone has it in their head that a person's way of being goes against their religious beliefs, they'll feign moral superiority and continue to look down on said person. When you eventually get a place of your own, you may need to limit how active your Mother is in your life, you could do without that level of condescension and toxicity.

Last edited:

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
You should do what I did after I got caught by my parents. My mom definitely did not approve and my dad said nothing. It was my senior year in college, so once I graduated I got a job in another state. After I moved out I told my parents that I had given up diapers. etc. Sometimes lying is the best way to go......sigh. To be honest, I had lied to them all my life about so many things and they almost always discovered I was lying. Still, they probably don't want to know what turns you on and visa/versa.

Andrewgdfw

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
That's a sure sign of get out and get out as soon as you can. My parents weren't religious to the point they went to church ten times a week, but thank goodness they never tried to push religion on me. I got out of my house relatively young. By eighteen I was on my own. Church and politics are two of the worst things to really bring up, because many don't know where to start or where to end. I say bide your time and try not to make the AB activity a major factor until you have had time to get out on your own. As for diapers sending you to hell, don't let the twilight zone ruin your way of thinking. Enjoy your AB side when you are in your own place. I had absent parents that were always working, so I had time to clean and do my own laundry, and no parents around. Drifter said it in one word "patience" my friend, life is all about patience.

Sage advice there. Get a job and move out on your own. Initiative and self-reliance should motivate you. Then enjoy your kink involving diapers or whatever without interference from others or by your intrusions into their (religious or political) space.

IRugrat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
There's been quite the discussion on this here: https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/my-love-for-diapers-seems-completely-incompatible-with-my-faith-vent-rant.133490/.

My personal opinion, as a catholic myself, is that there is nowhere in the Bible or in any teachings of the Church for that matter that say wearing diapers is morally wrong or evil. I believe personally that if you are seeking sexual gratification, i.e. masturbating in diapers, that's wrong in the eyes of religion, but if you're just doing it for comfort and acting little there's nothing wrong with that, as long as you're being respectful of others and still contributing to society. If you let it take over your life and have it be your sole focus and aren't living up to your potential, that's a different thing. But if you're living a good life, being kind to others, and responsible with your own actions, I don't see any reason why God would frown upon you finding comfort in something harmless like a diaper
Well put