How do you..."get in to" bedwetting...with diapers?

blaincorrous said:
Having a good leak is a function of breaking the “seal” on your bladder and still having more to leak. Funny enough, emptying your bladder is a good place to start. As long as you’re hydrated enough, your kidneys keep producing urine. If you keep that seal broken, U P Freely.
Hey, I have a question. What does"breaking the seal" mean?

Instead of plain water, do drink some sort of acidic and sweet drink, without caffeine however. Homemade lemonade is perfect.
Sugar will delay your kidneys a bit and ensure you do not pee out all the liquid you drank in the first two hours of the night. The acidic stuff will slightly irritate the walls of your bladder and give you the urge to pee with less volume in there.

Start drinking more at least 1 hour before bedtime, taking small but frequent sips from your drink of choice. This way, you will be able to drink much more.

Keep another glass of your favorite drink near you at night, so that you can reach it without getting up when your bladder will wake you up. When that happens, try to synchronize taking a couple of small sips from your drink with letting go in your diaper.

Once in a while, it can be useful to practice in the evening. That means wearing a diaper 3 hours or earlier before bedtime, start drinking your sips of lemonade by then and just chill in your while “listening” to signals from your bladder. Every time you feel there might be something in there, take another sip and try to let go.

Finally: hypnosis. Your worst enemy is the excitement of being diapered and the expectation to sooner or later start “bedwetting”.
You should instead try to stop to think.
For this reason, I suggest you try hypnosis and meditation for just sleeping better and sooner (just google “sleeping hypnosis” and you will get plenty of results). Do not use ABDL hypnosis, because that will just increase your excitement.

boomer2480 said:
i have had to wear diapers since 1968 and I only use cloth diapers at home and bed. I use heavy cloth diapers and plastic pants at nigh so there is a lot of thick fluffy padding spreading my legs apart. I'm so used to them I know I could never get to sleep with out a diaper on. And that's just the way I like it.
Yep, been wearing cloth diapers and rubber pants since a child. I’m now 75 and go to bed every night in cloth diapers and rubber pants. Admittedly I had log interludes of only wearing diapers secretly but I was full time and openly in diapers my first 17 and past 17 years. Love the thickness between my legs and even more how soggy/squishy they are in the morning after a nighttime of bed wetting.

KrankyPants said:
Hey, I have a question. What does"breaking the seal" mean?

The term's most commonly used when out drinking with friends. If your table is running through pitchers of beer, eventually everyone's going to have to make their first jog to the bathroom to "unload some of the beer". The first trip you make "breaks the seal". The idea is that after your first piss, you'll have to be pissing a lot more frequently the rest of the night. In reality it's just your body has a little lag-time between when you start dumping in excess water and when your body changes gears and starts getting rid of it faster.

Reactions: Fluffybottoms and KrankyPants
bambinod said:
The term's most commonly used when out drinking with friends. If your table is running through pitchers of beer, eventually everyone's going to have to make their first jog to the bathroom to "unload some of the beer". The first trip you make "breaks the seal". The idea is that after your first piss, you'll have to be pissing a lot more frequently the rest of the night. In reality it's just your body has a little lag-time between when you start dumping in excess water and when your body changes gears and starts getting rid of it faster.
Thank you for explaining that to me. Now I fully understand what it means. I've been hearing it a lot lately! 🙂

So I'm training to become a bedwetter right now, and the other night was my best nights after filling my bladder up i went back to sleep and then later on I woke up really desperate and so I did what I have done in the past and propt myself up onto my elbows and I had to push back I created a streem,and I stopped pushing after a short while my bladder let lose a stream of its own, whilst doing so I was praising myself and the afterwards I went back to sleep and again I woke up later on and just repeated.
And remember, always praise yourself up for it and treat yourself for doing a good job

Reactions: fluffyprison
blaincorrous said:
Having a good leak is a function of breaking the “seal” on your bladder and still having more to leak. Funny enough, emptying your bladder is a good place to start. As long as you’re hydrated enough, your kidneys keep producing urine. If you keep that seal broken, U P Freely.
Thats all fine abd good but you're not going to have an authentic bedwetting experience unless you untrained your body into being able to actually urinate.i can tell you now waking up in the middle of the night and having to take the covers off of you and kneel up on your bed just to urinate and then get back under covers is tedious and not fun after a while, especially now its starting to get colder at night.
The only time I really get to wear diapers is overnight so most nights (this past week and a half its been every night) and I don't get to wear my abdl diapers to bed as I don't use them enough to warrant them overnight so I'm normally stuck with medical diapers and pull ups (wich I like) but if im wetting the bed its means I will urinate a lot more.

Although I understand where you are coming from, I feel like bedwetting will help me emotionally in the long run

SoggyGolfer said:
Drink several. Keep in mind you may find it very difficult to pee while laying down. You will be surprised to find out how hard it can be to pee in bed even if you feel a very strong urge to go.
Yeh I have been so close and I been on the verge for quite a while in the past but my bladder did not release and it was so annoying

DiscreetDL said:
Well a good starting point is to drink a good amount of water before bed and if you get up in the middle of the night feeling the urge to go just go and go back to sleep, eventually you'll just go in your sleep. Now if you still want to have control when wearing regular underwear then wear diapers for one or two nights and if you wet then switch to underwear for a couple nights and if you wake up needing to pee then use the toilet, do this for a few months and you can train yourself to wet while asleep when diapered and wake up while wearing underwear, you will need to tell yourself "It's ok to wet tonight because I'm in a diaper" or "I can't wet myself tonight because I'm in underwear"

I did this and after some trial and error with more than a few laundry trips with wet sheets I was able to wet my diapers at night but stay dry when wearing underwear.
I would say have a bed pad or a mattress protector juuuust in case

I've never been a bedwetter. I wore nappies and pull ups until I was 10 for accidents I had whilst I was awake as rather than being a medical issue my issues were psychological so when I was asleep I never actually wet myself without knowing. I'd always just wake up, feel I needed to go and then go.

As an adult it's the same. When I do get the opportunity to wear a nappy to bed, I'll wake up needing to pee, get myself into a comfortable position and then just release. I've been doing it for so long it just feels natural to me and I don't have any issues in falling back to sleep afterwards. I may even do this twice a night if I drank a lot the night before.

Good night time nappies are obviously recommended, I generally use Tykables for sleeping in due to the their absorbency, capacity and the fact the tapes are so good

It takes time to start peeing at night while sleeping even with my IC issues I rarely pee while a sleep but that is slowly changing but as soon as I start to wake up the flood gates open. Over time you will get use to it and it will become second nature just remember once you start to pee nocturnally you will risk peeing any time you fall asleep even during a quick nap :)

Reactions: chamberpot
sinceiwassmall said:
Sleeping in wet diapers has become comforting and nice.
This one who diapers up 24/7 went to bed in soaked diapers that he had worn all day since breakfast, having pooped in it three times. Because the diaper was already saturated, this one awakened with wet sheets and bed pads.

Last edited:
Didn't get into bedwetting with diapers, had bedwetting issues since forever and wear diapers to keep the sheets dry.

I was a bedwetter when I was young, didn't stop wetting at night until I was 17 and always wore diapers and rubber pants until I did finally stop. I ended up liking to wear diapers and wet myself, but from then on seldom wore diapers and then only when I could do so secretly, so I never really returned to wetting my bed until many years later when I decided I could no longer resist wearing diapers secretly and started wearing diaper most of the time, and especially at night. Once I began wearing diapers to bed, I would wake up during the night, wet myself and fall back asleep. Before the year was out I started sleeping through the night and waking up in wet diapers. That was nearly 20 years ago and I have continued to wet my bed at night without waking. So I basically returned to my teen bedwetting.

Reactions: chamberpot
Just put at a diaper on before going to sleep and if weak up needing to pet just lay there and let it go in your diapers instead of getting up and when you wake up in the morning do it again after you wake up and make sure to have a few extra drinks before you go to bed. I was a chronic bedwetting kid and my parents tried everything to get me to stop from restricting my drinks after 7 and bedwetting alarms. I also had my plastic sheet on my bed and diapers or pullups at night. They also had my wake up at mid night and go to the bathroom and I had to let them know that was up. Now days I just wear a diaper and have my bed protected. Wearing diapers and using the plastic sheet reminds me of being a kid.

Last edited:
Oh, yeah. I remember the no liquids after trick. Mine was 4PM. Then they could not understand why I developed urinary infections. Duh!

I have been more or less succesfull in this, the main trick in being succesfull is to drink the RIGHT amount of water, too little and you just wakeup in the morning with a bursting bladder, too much and you wakeup maybe hour later needing to pee because you did not reach deeper sleep before bladder started to become ready to be emptied.

However i can tell you not to make this mistake, even if you do wakeup needing to pee dont go to the toilet but pee in your diaper, because if you dont you just enforce your brain to wake you up whenever you need to pee. I initially did this mistake because i wanted to check if my diaper was wet in the morning and if i know it was wet before entering sleep i could not check my bedwetting progres in the morning.

All that being said i do often wakeup to a wet diaper now and not remember wetting it and it makes me wonder if i were to sleep without a diaper would i still wet during night.

Advice from my origin thread in 2019.

Still just as valid:

I thought I would add a bit more here on wearing at night since it is a topic that comes up. For me, as for quite a few on ADISC, I did not wish to un-train myself or become a full time bed wetter but would quite happily be a genuine bed wetter when wearing a nappy.

Happily, I now wake with a wet nappy nearly every time I wear one to bed, with no memory of having wet myself on purpose in the night.

I would like to reassure you that it can be done without causing any physical or psychological injury to yourself!

It’s a multi-step thing that took me a few years to achieve. When it happened for the first time I couldn’t believe it.

I would always go to bed in a dry nappy.
Most days I would wake up dry, have a morning wee in my nappy and then take it off when I got up.

Sometimes I would wake in the night needing a wee. I would let go into my nappy and go back to sleep. My usual night nappy was (and is for the moment) an Abena L4.

One morning I woke up and felt like I was wet but had no memory of waking in the night. I did not have my morning wee but got up and took the nappy off first to check. It was definitely wet. I was so excited that this had happened and felt all tingly.

I wore again the next night with no special preparation of any kind but it didn’t happen.

But then it started to happen more frequently.

I believe I have now trained my brain to realise that it’s OK to wet in my sleep but only when I have a nappy on.

I didn’t think it was possible, but (looking back) here’s how it happened:

First, you have to be comfortable with wetting yourself in a nappy whilst awake sitting or standing. The best way to achieve this is not to hold everything in until the last minute when wearing before bursting to simulate a gushing wee accident (flooding) as this actually trains your bladder muscles to hold on tighter. Just relax and let it go when you have one on.

Next, you don’t need to drink gallons of water at a time as this can make your stomach uncomfortable. Rather, just keep pleasantly well hydrated. Drink sips little and often and always just let go when your bladder first feels the need. At the very beginning you may need to stand in the bathroom to be able to do this but will soon be comfortable doing it anywhere.

When you are so comfortable in just “letting go” in a nappy sitting or standing, you can try lying down.

Again, contrary to what I thought at first, the best way to get going is not to drink lots of water and lie down holding it til you are bursting. That just causes pain and discomfort.

Do keep well hydrated, but just relax and try to let go rather than pushing. Sometimes lying in silence helps. Sometimes a particular sound or piece of music may help. If it doesn’t work at first, you may have to stand or sit up, wee, and lie down again.

Part of the issue is trusting the nappy not to leak. I found that putting a bed pad underneath helped as it stopped my brain from worrying about leaks subconsciously.

When wearing to bed, adopt the same tactic. Don’t go to bed on a full bladder or holding in the hope that you will wet yourself. You will just be uncomfortable. If you need a wee at ANY point, just let go, even if it is only a little bit. If you hold it it will reinforce the notion that you shouldn’t be letting go.

Whether you need to wee before going to sleep or wake up needing one, just let go when the feeling takes you.

One morning you may wake up to find that you have had a little accident for real.

Don’t expect results overnight, but I hope that the above helps anyone who would like to have the experience of waking in a wet nappy without becoming fully incontinent or waking in the night to wee.

It has one side effect- the best night’s sleep ever while staying well hydrated.

Update 2021: I wear and wet nearly every night now, but occasionally don’t wear just to make sure I haven’t become a real bedwetter.

Reactions: WillFord384 and Lyric
PCS said:
Advice from my origin thread in 2019.

Still just as valid:

I thought I would add a bit more here on wearing at night since it is a topic that comes up. For me, as for quite a few on ADISC, I did not wish to un-train myself or become a full time bed wetter but would quite happily be a genuine bed wetter when wearing a nappy.

Happily, I now wake with a wet nappy nearly every time I wear one to bed, with no memory of having wet myself on purpose in the night.

I would like to reassure you that it can be done without causing any physical or psychological injury to yourself!

It’s a multi-step thing that took me a few years to achieve. When it happened for the first time I couldn’t believe it.

I would always go to bed in a dry nappy.
Most days I would wake up dry, have a morning wee in my nappy and then take it off when I got up.

Sometimes I would wake in the night needing a wee. I would let go into my nappy and go back to sleep. My usual night nappy was (and is for the moment) an Abena L4.

One morning I woke up and felt like I was wet but had no memory of waking in the night. I did not have my morning wee but got up and took the nappy off first to check. It was definitely wet. I was so excited that this had happened and felt all tingly.

I wore again the next night with no special preparation of any kind but it didn’t happen.

But then it started to happen more frequently.

I believe I have now trained my brain to realise that it’s OK to wet in my sleep but only when I have a nappy on.

I didn’t think it was possible, but (looking back) here’s how it happened:

First, you have to be comfortable with wetting yourself in a nappy whilst awake sitting or standing. The best way to achieve this is not to hold everything in until the last minute when wearing before bursting to simulate a gushing wee accident (flooding) as this actually trains your bladder muscles to hold on tighter. Just relax and let it go when you have one on.

Next, you don’t need to drink gallons of water at a time as this can make your stomach uncomfortable. Rather, just keep pleasantly well hydrated. Drink sips little and often and always just let go when your bladder first feels the need. At the very beginning you may need to stand in the bathroom to be able to do this but will soon be comfortable doing it anywhere.

When you are so comfortable in just “letting go” in a nappy sitting or standing, you can try lying down.

Again, contrary to what I thought at first, the best way to get going is not to drink lots of water and lie down holding it til you are bursting. That just causes pain and discomfort.

Do keep well hydrated, but just relax and try to let go rather than pushing. Sometimes lying in silence helps. Sometimes a particular sound or piece of music may help. If it doesn’t work at first, you may have to stand or sit up, wee, and lie down again.

Part of the issue is trusting the nappy not to leak. I found that putting a bed pad underneath helped as it stopped my brain from worrying about leaks subconsciously.

When wearing to bed, adopt the same tactic. Don’t go to bed on a full bladder or holding in the hope that you will wet yourself. You will just be uncomfortable. If you need a wee at ANY point, just let go, even if it is only a little bit. If you hold it it will reinforce the notion that you shouldn’t be letting go.

Whether you need to wee before going to sleep or wake up needing one, just let go when the feeling takes you.

One morning you may wake up to find that you have had a little accident for real.

Don’t expect results overnight, but I hope that the above helps anyone who would like to have the experience of waking in a wet nappy without becoming fully incontinent or waking in the night to wee.

It has one side effect- the best night’s sleep ever while staying well hydrated.

Update 2021: I wear and wet nearly every night now, but occasionally don’t wear just to make sure I haven’t become a real bedwetter.
While this definitely is good advice and i won't say otherwise, i am living proof that this won't work for everyone.
Due to complications with my urethral sphincter and a very strong and persistent pelvis, i was unable to achieve this after 15 years.
Only after getting several sphincterotomy surgeries it got better but waking up wet without knowing is still not always happening. My pelvis is capable of clenching the urethra or whatever is down there and i still often wake up with mild urge, as soon as I get up though everything runs out
I have been prescribed 15mg diazepam before bed to alleviate this somewhat and sometimes i wake up more wet than before i fall asleep but with the pelvic muscles alone I'm able to hold it a few seconds , ,30 at most. while there's nothing left of my urethral sphincter and most of the bladder neck is gone too.

For me it’s always been hard to be laying down and wetting because I’m afraid of leaks. Anyone got good advice for that?

Back