How do you..."get in to" bedwetting...with diapers?

Valk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Okay, this might be a dumb or odd question. But how do you get in to bedwetting with diapers?
Because recently I have seen some posts and been getting into the idea of like wearing diapers to bed and trying to wet them. I have tried wearing diapers to bed before, but I made the mistake of wearing an already heavy one filled with water, and since I couldn't get to sleep with that I assumed I just couldn't do it period.

Do yall have any advice on how to get into this? Or even SHOULD I try this? Is it a bad idea?

Reactions: janedoediaper and ChristianDiaperLover
just wear a dry one to bed and find out for yourself ,it's your choice if you like to wear to bed or not, same with wetting it at night.
Just don't be stressed that the first few times will either be intense or weird and difficult to wet while lying down, it's all between your ears and your mind needs to adjust to think it's ok to do that.
Do note I talk about waking up at night , wet the diaper and fall back asleep. I do not refer to wetting in your sleep.

Reactions: BabyLink9 and ChristianDiaperLover
winterheart01 said:
just wear a dry one to bed and find out for yourself ,it's your choice if you like to wear to bed or not, same with wetting it at night.
Just don't be stressed that the first few times will either be intense or weird and difficult to wet while lying down, it's all between your ears and your mind needs to adjust to think it's ok to do that.
Do note I talk about waking up at night , wet the diaper and fall back asleep. I do not refer to wetting in your sleep.
Thank you for the advice : )
I think that is what I was stressed about before, the potential weirdness or difficulty. But nah, I am gonna try it tonight, drink a lot of water and wear one to bed. See what happens heh.
Thank yeee

Wear a clean diaper to bed.

Drink a glass of water (good for you anyway.)

Sleep.

At some point in the night, you will probably wake up slightly and feel the need to pee. Just pee. With practice, you'll fall asleep shortly after. At no point is continence or control lost... it's no different, really, than getting up to go to the bathroom. Instead of getting up, you're just wetting your diaper.

Some nights you will remember the whole experience. Some nights you'll wake up wet and not really remember what happened, just because you're so "used" to letting yourself go.

Reactions: Diaper44, siysiy, MaxxH and 2 others
I think you will enjoy the experience as long as you don’t overthink it.
First enjoyment is getting under the covers in a nice dry diaper. You may have some trouble the first few times since the bulkiness of your diaper may be new. As long as your diaper is fitted comfortably you’l get used to it and possibly even enjoy the padded feeling.
Then as others have said, when you wake to pee at night, just let go. If you have trouble letting go, if you continue to hold it in you will eventually just have to let go. Once you let go and enjoy the wetting you should be able to go back to sleep.
I recommend that you make sure your diaper is secure so you don’t leak. Since it perhaps be a new experience wetting while lying down, you want to make sure you have no leaks. I wear plastic pants over my disposables when I am uncertain of my diaper’s fit or if I think I may wet heavily.
Good luck and let us know how you did.

Reactions: DiaperVapor, Curiositykilledthecat, WillFord384 and 2 others
This sort of question comes up a lot. Most of the issue that people have is they over think it. Just wear a clean diaper and stay hydrated. If you wake up just use the diaper if you wish to. I think some people just get like a mental block when it comes to it.

That being said your not gonna just subconsciously wet unless you manage to train yourself to sleep through a full bladder.

Me I always been a bedwetter it just happens on its own. 🙃

Last edited:
Reactions: Fluffybottoms, KrankyPants and Lyric
NinjaPizza said:
Wear a clean diaper to bed.

Drink a glass of water (good for you anyway.)

Sleep.

At some point in the night, you will probably wake up slightly and feel the need to pee. Just pee. With practice, you'll fall asleep shortly after. At no point is continence or control lost... it's no different, really, than getting up to go to the bathroom. Instead of getting up, you're just wetting your diaper.

Some nights you will remember the whole experience. Some nights you'll wake up wet and not really remember what happened, just because you're so "used" to letting yourself go.
How much water do you need though? Is one glass sufficient

Drink several. Keep in mind you may find it very difficult to pee while laying down. You will be surprised to find out how hard it can be to pee in bed even if you feel a very strong urge to go.

Thank you all for the advice n such. I honestly thought I was asking a weird question or something.

Reactions: Pika123, Curiositykilledthecat, GoodnitesXL21 and 1 other person
Hopefully you have a living situation where you can wear a diaper to bed every night and not be worried someone will find out and not approve. If so, than start going to bed every night in a fresh dry diaper, drink fluids a couple of hours before diapering yourself and going to bed, and of course don't use the potty at all. You will likely find yourself waking up in the night and if you do go ahead and potty in your diapee, go back to sleep and wake up the morning in your wet diaper. If you continue to do this continuously, you will eventually not recall waking at all during the night but your diaper will be wet in the morning when you wake. If you feel the need to potty when you wake, go ahead and wet some more. Eventually this will become your routine. Enjoy.

did anyone get worse sleep cuz of it? I've heard of ppl struggling to sleep in diapeers

Reactions: SoS7883
Goodnites607975 said:
did anyone get worse sleep cuz of it? I've heard of ppl struggling to sleep in diapeers
Early on I think people may have some trouble due to the initial "foreignness" of the diaper. Now though I would say I sleep better diapered.
But one thing I've really noticed that I have to watch out for is that I fall asleep MUCH faster, especially if I haven't yet changed out of my nearly full diaper from the day. What happens is me a lot of times now I don't feel tired or anything at like 9PM and then bam! I wake up and it's suddenly like 1:30AM! 😲 This happens a lot if I'm watching TV in the evening. I used to just start feeling progressively more tired more slowly.

My first few times, the novelty, anticipation and arousal from doing such a long anticipated thing affected my sleep. The thrill of each part of it: “I’m wearing a diaper” … “I’m laying here awake, peeing in my bed“ … “I’m wet like a baby.”

I still enjoy all that, and do it rarely enough that it’s never ordinary — but sleeping in wet diapers has become comforting and nice. The bulk of being well-diapered at night is cosy and reassuring, Under warm, heavy covers it feels wonderfully warm and right.

• Love
Reactions: SoS7883, DiaperVapor, chamberpot and 3 others
Well a good starting point is to drink a good amount of water before bed and if you get up in the middle of the night feeling the urge to go just go and go back to sleep, eventually you'll just go in your sleep. Now if you still want to have control when wearing regular underwear then wear diapers for one or two nights and if you wet then switch to underwear for a couple nights and if you wake up needing to pee then use the toilet, do this for a few months and you can train yourself to wet while asleep when diapered and wake up while wearing underwear, you will need to tell yourself "It's ok to wet tonight because I'm in a diaper" or "I can't wet myself tonight because I'm in underwear"

I did this and after some trial and error with more than a few laundry trips with wet sheets I was able to wet my diapers at night but stay dry when wearing underwear.

Falling asleep in a diaper may be hard at first. When I went from pullups to diapers I had to adjust to the new feeling between legs, but now I forget I'm even wearing one.

The same applies when I wear a pullup again for discretion. You have to get used to it, but it takes like two nights, or maybe you can wear during the day to kinda break in the diaper to make it more comfortable. That helps your body get used to your new underwear.

I hope this helps. 🙂

Reactions: SoS7883
Hey guys, thank you so much for the support and advice. Yall are frickin awesome hehe.
So I had a go with it last night and it went amazing. I drank a goood amount of water, maybe a little too much as the setting was huuuuge.
And of course I wore a dry diaper to bed. Which, surprisingly, was very easy for me to get to sleep into. Maybe it was just because I worked hard on this essay that day and was tired, but I half expected the anticipation of the wetting to keep me up. But nope, I fell right asleep.
Then, about midnight/1 in the morning, I woke up with a huge urge to pee, unsurprisingly. My initial reaction was to get out of bed to the loo but nope, I told myself to stay put. I wanted to pee in the diaper.

Initially there was a big mental block, I was used to wetting in diapers, but not lying down, in bed. Eventually I let out a little trickle but that freaked me out. With the angle I was lying at it get like it would just leak right out the diaper. But thankfully it didn’t, it just FELT like it did. That worry stopped me for a few minutes, but when I felt the sheet was dry, I decided to try again.
I tried to push and push and push through the mental block, trying to allow myself to do it. It felt so weird because I had done huge wettings in these diapers before, why was this so different?
But eventually, I let go. And holy, dang. The wetting was so hot! And I mean hot like as in temperature, it felt awesome! Feeling the diaper bloat between my legs. The worry/excitement of my wetting supposedly never stopping.
Needless to say, I wanna try it again. But I am a bit worried that it will lead to some bad habits, like peeing in underwear.

Reactions: SoS7883 and WillFord384
Keep wearing and it will happen soon enough. This is exactly same problem what I had. I kept trying to wet laying in bed when awake a few times then shortly after I started going to bed dry and waking wet. Now I 100% have to be diapered every night as Iv now lost all control when asleep 😴. Keep at it your soon become wet.

i have had to wear diapers since 1968 and I only use cloth diapers at home and bed. I use heavy cloth diapers and plastic pants at nigh so there is a lot of thick fluffy padding spreading my legs apart. I'm so used to them I know I could never get to sleep with out a diaper on. And that's just the way I like it.

Reactions: Lyric and Diaper44
Having a good leak is a function of breaking the “seal” on your bladder and still having more to leak. Funny enough, emptying your bladder is a good place to start. As long as you’re hydrated enough, your kidneys keep producing urine. If you keep that seal broken, U P Freely.

Just know that sleeping in a diaper is all well and good but don't intentionally make yourself a bedwetter. It can be difficult to retrain yourself to be dry at night and is a type of self harm. Stay padded responsibly

Reactions: OmiOMy
Back