How do you fold your cloth diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManicMunchkin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
There are lots of different ways to fold cloth diapers. I like to do it like this:
kc-prefold-angelwing.jpg
But if I'm not in the mood to a have a big chunk of fabric between my legs, I'll lay it out flat and twist it in the middle.

Here's a website illustrating some other examples: 6 Ways to Fold a Prefold Diaper

How do you like to fold your cloth diapers?

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Modified accordion/angle fold.

With this I can adjust the width in the middle and then there is no "wad" between the legs. It is there but I usually can not feel it.

WBxx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
As a bed-wetter I like the Newspaper Fold because it puts a lot of material up front and on the sides where it's needed the most. In reviewing the diagrams, the Newspaper and Angel Wing folds are very similar.

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I use the angel fold with a booster inside.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
I pretty much do the Angel Wing: I tri-fold the diaper (fold the sides in), then open up the back. Some of my prefolds are a little long. When I wear those, I'll fold the back of the diaper in a few inches first, then tri-fold. A more common practice for dealing with long diapers is, as shown in the OP's picture, to fold the front of the diaper in, however I find that the front of the diaper is a bit over-thick/bulky for my taste when I do this. The downside to folding the back in is that you have to pin through more layers of cloth. Works for me, though!

Sarevok

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I fold them pretty much the same as shown in that picture.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
When I wear medium sized pre-folds, I've used both the angel fold and the newspaper fold. Usually I wear small and just pin the corners.

ManicMunchkin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
A more common practice for dealing with long diapers is, as shown in the OP's picture, to fold the front of the diaper in, however I find that the front of the diaper is a bit over-thick/bulky for my taste when I do this. The downside to folding the back in is that you have to pin through more layers of cloth. Works for me, though!

I also have a problem with long diapers, and like you I prefer to fold it in the back. The extra fold tends to lie flatter when you're sitting on it, whereas if I fold in the front, the extra material tends to bunch up and that makes me uncomfortable. That, and the fact that I like an cushiony butt :rolleyes:

EmilyL

#cuteandadorable Little
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
There are lots of different ways to fold cloth diapers. I like to do it like this:
View attachment 21515
But if I'm not in the mood to a have a big chunk of fabric between my legs, I'll lay it out flat and twist it in the middle.

Here's a website illustrating some other examples: 6 Ways to Fold a Prefold Diaper

How do you like to fold your cloth diapers?

Angel fold. It's the only one that works for me consistently.

babyboy

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I like both the angel fold and the jell role. the jell role I find is the most comfortable for me.

tobid03

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I always do angel wing, but I have tried the bikini fold before.

chuck

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I use two diapers, one on top of the other then I do the bikini twist in the center, point down and use pull-on plastic pants.

Obagink

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Great post! I use two extra large prefolds from Changing Times, fold down in front, and angel fold with pins. I also put five (5) gerber baby prefolds (Walmart) under the front fold in the outer diaper as stuffers. Dress with snap-on 7mm Gary plastic pants also from Changing Times or B4NS.

Status
Not open for further replies.