It used to be totally sexual, but as I began to wear diapers more (24/7 for 3+ yrs), it has definitely shifted towards being more mentally aroused, (with sexual moments - can't keep wood forever...), and more of a "wearing for need", whether psychological, or physical (comfort, convenience, etc.).
I don't think it's necessary to have it all figured out. Just go with the flow. It adjusts itself, as the need arises, probably based on whether you're single, in relationship, or married.
The diapers are me. I don't deny it. I've lost the guilt & shame, and I am just a more balanced person for my wearing.
Relaxed, like I don't have to worry about my obnoxious responsibilities from day to day life. After wearing one for awhile I start to get turned on and it leads to other things, and when that's done my stress is gone and I can go back to working.
Lots of feelings. Relaxed, like other people have said, comfy, more secure. I do get aroused sometimes, though I wear too much to be constantly feeling arousal, that's just once in a while. I also feel cute and I think more giggly or affectionate when I'm diapered.
For me it can be either sexual or relaxing. I find diapers to be a great stress reliever and can really mellow me out after a stressful day. I also love the comfort they provide with their warmth and softness.
Sexual arousal was in for a long time but it is switching and stress relief with sexual now and then. I could not live with out diaper now. Life would be meaningless. I still take care of my 3 sons and they all know i do this.
1. sense of security and Comfort that is simply unmatched and that transports me back to my childhood memories and I also feel a great sense of release from the adult world.
2. Relaxed and stress free as all my worries melt away for the day and at night-time I sleep much better which is good for my health plus the extra added padding isn't bad either.
3. Dignified and a more productive member of society when at work.
4. At ease with my psychological and Physiological state as in I don't have to worry about going crazy or that I have a disability as I can feel freedom in the sense of a real and constant relief from the fact that I am no longer fighting my body or mind.
5. Like I can reconnect with my younger self and just be a care-free toddler again.
In my case I became incontinent in 2010, But not out of my own choice due to disabilities catching up on me in my early-mid 30's and wouldn't wish it on anyone in the world to go through the hell that I did following my diagnosis, But having said all that I now have to move on with my life.
If your interested I have a couple of blogs you can read on this website.
I am more relaxed. I don't have to worry about leaking and wetting myself. (I'm very self-conscious about leaking in public. A good dry diaper and plastic pants allows me to accomplish whatever I have planned to do. Sometimes I wear depends, and a poise pad if I can't wear my cloth diaper, I don't feel as confident as they don't hold much. I am still somewhat continent but do leak and may or may not be able to stop the flow. In Depends, I will leak, In my cloth diaper I don't.
The first feeling I get once all pinned in with a pretty diaper cover on is total security. Safe from embarrassing myself by wetting myself or anything I might be sitting on. Confident that I can go and do what ever when ever I want. Passed the point of caring who knows or suspects there is something extra under my clothes. Safe, secure, relaxed and delighted. Back in my teens it was sexual but that was ages ago.