Status
Not open for further replies.

theQman

Little Guitarist
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
It's no secret that most of us here at ADISC fantasize about the idea of being a baby/little kid. That's something pretty much all AB's have in common. However, I've learned from talking to other AB/DL's, that dreaming of being a little kid has nothing to do with how you feel about real kids. So I'm wondering, how do all of you feel about baby's and little kids? Do you enjoy being around them, or interacting with them? Do you like them in general? Any input would be great!

Now to answer my own question: Personally, I absolutely love kids. I actually plan to start working with young kids after college. I love talking to them, playing with them, and just looking out for them. They just seem to like me for who I am more than adults do. There's no social pressure with kids. It's hard to explain. It's weird because I used to just find them irritating.

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It entirely depends on the kid.

I do a lot of work around my kids grade school and there are those that are real cute, those that are real friendly, those that are very shy, and those that are flaming pains in the .....

I do not mind being around kids as long as I have an escape route. I have a very hard time with loud noises, and chaperoning a field trip the bus ride can be torture.

The only time I get any kind of emotional feeling is when someone is changing a diaper and then I wish I could get someone to do that to me.

ILoveDora

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Most kids are great, in my experience. I'd love to have kids myself, but alas, that biologically can't happen.

YankeeFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
I find most kids are more intelligent than a lot of people give them credit for. They are every bit people, which I think even their parents sometimes forget. That said, I don't care one way or another to be around them. They're in a different stage of life, so I'm not likely to have a long conversation with them about my experiences, *and* I have to be careful not to swear around them. So, all in all, no feelings. Adults are more fun to talk to, though kids laugh better at silly jokes.

theQman

Little Guitarist
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
It entirely depends on the kid.

I do a lot of work around my kids grade school and there are those that are real cute, those that are real friendly, those that are very shy, and those that are flaming pains in the .....

I do not mind being around kids as long as I have an escape route. I have a very hard time with loud noises, and chaperoning a field trip the bus ride can be torture.

The only time I get any kind of emotional feeling is when someone is changing a diaper and then I wish I could get someone to do that to me.
Yeah, I should've mentioned, I don't love ALL kids. Plenty of them are total brats, but I generally blame the parents for that. I also don't really care for groups of children. That can get painfully annoying. I'm way better dealing with kids one on one. Regarding the emotional side, I really enjoy the way young kids can be so affectionate. I'm usually really uncomfortable showing affection, but it's so easy with kids. There are no strings attached, and it's just not a big deal. I also do get pretty jealous of when I'm around kids that are still in diapers lol

Penny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I like kids. Not enough to have my own but kids get me in a way that adults do not.

On the other hand they can be very annoying after a while. So I guess I would say that I like them in small doses.

Desphiria

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Little kids are okay, but once they hit their teens they're the most annoying little brats in the world! But I like them. They're innocent and cute.

Illinoise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Yeah, I should've mentioned, I don't love ALL kids. Plenty of them are total brats, but I generally blame the parents for that. I also don't really care for groups of children. That can get painfully annoying. I'm way better dealing with kids one on one. Regarding the emotional side, I really enjoy the way young kids can be so affectionate. I'm usually really uncomfortable showing affection, but it's so easy with kids. There are no strings attached, and it's just not a big deal. I also do get pretty jealous of when I'm around kids that are still in diapers lol

I generally get to volunteer pretty close to one-on-one with kids. So it's easy sometimes to really make a connection, even with kids that aren't so adept at doing that themselves. (think autism). I get plenty of hugs, which is awesome.:biggrin::thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

Nowadays I like to pass schoolyards or playgrounds just to see the kids run around shouting and playing.

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure this isn't a good idea. Look, I'm sure you're completely harmless. But someone might just notice, and take it the wrong way.

There are plenty of, shall we say, kosher ways to get to see kids shouting and playing. Ways that involve background checks.

FootiePJ

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I like being around kids, and doing things with them, like reading to them, playing games, talking to them. Being around kids is fun for me, before I started my new job I would go from subbing elementary school all day to helping out with children's ministry activities at my church on Wednesdays and Thursdays. I want to get to know the kids at my church better, so in January I am going to start helping out with the children's choir at my church, it'll also give me a reason to drive the 42+ miles to church every Sunday. One day I hope to adopt kids since I can't have kids of my own due to a genetic condition.

Illinoise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Personally, I absolutely love kids. I actually plan to start working with young kids after college. I love talking to them, playing with them, and just looking out for them. They just seem to like me for who I am more than adults do. There's no social pressure with kids. It's hard to explain. It's weird because I used to just find them irritating.

Why wait until AFTER college? There's plenty of ways to get involved with kids over the Summer. (unless you need to work a bunch of hours over the Summer to pay for school. That obviously would take priority.)

I didn't get involved with kids until several years after graduation. It's almost like I just started having this nagging thought that I needed to "pay back the system" for the help I got as a kid. I honestly don't know why I waited so long, as it's the best thing I've ever done.

Parents tell me all the time that I'm great with kids. What I don't tell them--for a number of reasons--is that, socially and emotionally, I'm likely closer to their kid's level than I am to them. And, besides, it's not like being nice to kids requires some sort of special, innate talent.

This isn't rocket science. I just try to keep in mind three prepositions: I try to play WITH the kids, BY the kids, and LIKE the kids. As a result, I end up spending a lot of time on my hands and knees.LOL

I wish I could be more specific about exactly where I volunteer, but as I know you likely understand, there are reasons I can't do that.

Good luck with whatever you chose to do.

theQman

Little Guitarist
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Why wait until AFTER college? There's plenty of ways to get involved with kids over the Summer. (unless you need to work a bunch of hours over the Summer to pay for school. That obviously would take priority.)

I didn't get involved with kids until several years after graduation. It's almost like I just started having this nagging thought that I needed to "pay back the system" for the help I got as a kid. I honestly don't know why I waited so long, as it's the best thing I've ever done.

Parents tell me all the time that I'm great with kids. What I don't tell them--for a number of reasons--is that, socially and emotionally, I'm likely closer to their kid's level than I am to them. And, besides, it's not like being nice to kids requires some sort of special, innate talent.

This isn't rocket science. I just try to keep in mind three prepositions: I try to play WITH the kids, BY the kids, and LIKE the kids. As a result, I end up spending a lot of time on my hands and knees.LOL

I wish I could be more specific about exactly where I volunteer, but as I know you likely understand, there are reasons I can't do that.

Good luck with whatever you chose to do.
I meant I'm actually planning to make a career out of working with kids. Sorry I should've been more specific. I'm actually already volunteering with kids at my local music store and I plan to start volenteering at my local children's hospital now that I'm 18. I'm going to take every chance I get to work with kids between now and when I graduate from college as the job I'm looking at requires a LOT of experience.

We seem to have a lot in common. I'm often told I'm great with kids too. People act like it's some mystical superpower Lol. All you have to do is pay attention to them and be nice to them and they'll be your friend for life. I've also found that I get along better with kids than I do with people my age. I seem to just connect with them so much easier than I do with my peers. I've sorta given up on other teenagers lately. Maybe it's some unresolved childhood issues, idk. Any psychiatrists here at ADISC? Lol, but thanks for posting Illinois :)

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've always liked kids since maybe college age and beyond. I've spent most of my life as a full time church music director, so I always had children's choirs, junior high and high school. Sometimes a few would be a pain, but most were fun to be around. The last 12 years of my working life, I taught junior high kids in public school. Some of those kids would really try your patience, but most were nice, and some crept into my heart. I still miss some of them, now that I'm retired from the day job.

FootiePJ

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I meant I'm actually planning to make a career out of working with kids. Sorry I should've been more specific. I'm actually already volunteering with kids at my local music store and I plan to start volenteering at my local children's hospital now that I'm 18. I'm going to take every chance I get to work with kids between now and when I graduate from college as the job I'm looking at requires a LOT of experience.

We seem to have a lot in common. I'm often told I'm great with kids too. People act like it's some mystical superpower Lol. All you have to do is pay attention to them and be nice to them and they'll be your friend for life. I've also found that I get along better with kids than I do with people my age. I seem to just connect with them so much easier than I do with my peers. I've sorta given up on other teenagers lately. Maybe it's some unresolved childhood issues, idk. Any psychiatrists here at ADISC? Lol, but thanks for posting Illinois :)

I think it's a wonderful thing to volunteer at a children's hospital. I did this when I was in high school, and had a lot of fun spending time with the kids. Some kids staying in the hospital don't always have a parent or caregiver staying with them, so to be there to keep them company makes them happy. A couple of years ago I applied to volunteer at one of the children's hospital in my area, but they require annual flu vaccines now, and since I don't take vaccines I was unable to volunteer. I also get along better with kids than I do with people my age or older. I can sit and talk to an elementary or preschooler for several hours, but talking to someone my age or older is like pulling teeth.

Sanch

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I feel the same way about real kids as I do about real adults, some of them are kind, friendly and entertaining to spend time with, whilst others are...less so. I'm not sure we can group 'kids' as a blanket thing, at least once they reach the age where they've developed their own personality and likes & dislikes. Some of my friends have kids who are extremely friendly and funny, whilst one or two have children who are, to put it mildly, extremely hard work.

I also think context is important. If I'm out at a restaurant and I hear a random child wailing or screaming away, chances are I'm going to think 'That kid is so annoying'. However, if it's a friend's child, who I've played with and got to know, who starts crying, I'm more likely to think 'Poor thing, I wonder what they're upset about'.

Last edited:

theQman

Little Guitarist
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Um, am I the only one that finds this topic a bit creepy?
Apparently yes you are. In what way is this creepy? As far as I've seen, these posts have been innocent and far from 'creepy'.

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
I understand kids lots .
In some ways wish I was a toddler age.
I have helped with some parents that had a problem with there kid.
I to like to see them playing and being kids .
I'm a very careful around kids.
Never want to be put into a bad place or blamed for something that never happened.

magnolia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
- - - Updated - - -

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure this isn't a good idea. Look, I'm sure you're completely harmless. But someone might just notice, and take it the wrong way.

There are plenty of, shall we say, kosher ways to get to see kids shouting and playing. Ways that involve background checks.

WTF??? I'm a woman, crossing the schoolyard on my way home from the grocery store!!!! Is that a bad idea?!?!?!?!

edit: I'm NOT saying that there are only male offenders out there - I'm just answering to what my stroll might look like.

Last edited:

napy534

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Um, am I the only one that finds this topic a bit creepy?

No, you are definitely not. I mean one guy actually admitted he lurks around playgrounds. It's sick.

I've noticed that the majority of people who are entrenched enough in ABDL that they would sign up to a forum about it can be quite delusional. These kind of places become hugboxes where everyone else reinforces each-others behaviour which can be dangerous.
I find OP making a thread about liking kids, 'understanding them' more than adults and seeking a profession to be closer with them in this kind of forum disturbing and the positive responses and a few of the ensuing personal accounts to be... problematic.

Keep yourselves in check, if someone like OP had a job that put him near my nephews and I saw these posts I'd call the police and make sure they never had contact with him again even if I had to out myself for the first time in my life to explain how I found the post. That's how creepy I find this.

Status
Not open for further replies.