Status
Not open for further replies.

Poohbearboy

12 months
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Like at first it was little embarrassment like omg... but now it not really a big deal if I'm caught in them. I also wear for IC problem what all know and accept fact of also have a baby side to me so diaper come with that too.

L

Lozza1979

If one has genuine medical incontinence then its generally more accepted by others that you're wearing a nappy.If, like me for example, you're a diaper lover and don't 'need' to wear them then it can be harder to justify to others why you have a nappy on and they will view you differently.Nobody has ever seen me in a nappy and I don't intend for anybody to see, but if they did I would just say I was having some health issues that required me to wear them.

Khaymen

Full Patch
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Well I'm not IC and do not need diapers, but when my fraternity brothers saw me in diapers it didn't bother me at all.

Now a girlfriend is a different story. I don't mind walking around the house in a diaper, but I discovered that I'm still a little self conscious when she walked in while I was putting one on and asked if she could help tape me up.

giantguy99

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
If one has genuine medical incontinence then its generally more accepted by others that you're wearing a nappy.If, like me for example, you're a diaper lover and don't 'need' to wear them then it can be harder to justify to others why you have a nappy on and they will view you differently.Nobody has ever seen me in a nappy and I don't intend for anybody to see, but if they did I would just say I was having some health issues that required me to wear them.

I remember the feeling to. It was not that long ago that I became IC and all. (6 months). I believe I have been caught but nobody said anything so I think I have yet to face the full level of stress of this can cause and there's no way I can tell how well I can handle it if the day comes when someone spots me and tries to harass me about it. I think I will be fine but having never experienced this before I could be wrong and just not know it yet. As far as being seen Well I understand that I should not be ashamed and I should not care what people think as long as I hurt no one else.

C

Cherub

Well, given the nature of where I work, and the people I socialize with, I think it would be very difficult for me to explain away why I would be in a diaper. Do I care about what they would think? No. But do I want to have to put up with the backlash and reactions from others? No. So for me it's a two part answer with the later being the reason I am not open about being ABDL.

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private
Hmm I think it wouldn't bother me at all because about 65% of my friends know I am a DL but they may/may not see my actual one. It all depends if your friends know you are one or if your talking about strangers then...that's another story my friend.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Well, I mean, I don't have anybody around me at the moment that I'm cool with seeing me in my regular undewear. So...yeah. I see diapers at the same way.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Because I wear diapers for pleasure rather than need, I would be very embarrassed if someone saw my diaper. I certainly don't want my social friends to know, because they wouldn't understand. Still, I occasionally wear out in public, and I understand the risks. There's a certain exhilaration wearing in public and playing the odds to not get caught. It's like being a 12 year old again and stealing a piece of candy from the grocery store. (this is a metaphor. don't go crazy!)

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
My husband is the only one I feel comfortable with. My daughter doesn't count because she is a newborn. I still get embarrassed and feel nervous when my parents see me in one or if I am standing right there with one on in front of them.

BenzyD

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I bedwet until my teens, so growing up, I was fairly used to it being not a secret, mostly among family. I never used to run around wearing only a diaper but I know there were countless instances of waistbands showing, pants drooping, crinkling or morning puffiness. But that was childhood.

Nobody in my adult life has seen me just wearing, except for ONE close friend, one time. It was actually kind of cool. We returned from a rave to my apt to chill out mellow out the E. I went upstairs to change clothes and decided to put one on then went back down. We just chilled for a bit when he decided to question me about the sound he heard whenever I walked. I just told him that it was "something I do from time to time". I lifted my shirt and lowered the top of my shorts about 2". He was alright with it, asked a few more questions and that was it. He never brought it up again and never acted wierd after. So "score" I guess lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I bedwet until my teens, so growing up, I was fairly used to it being not a secret, mostly among family. I never used to run around wearing only a diaper but I know there were countless instances of waistbands showing, pants drooping, crinkling or morning puffiness. But that was childhood.

Nobody in my adult life has seen me just wearing, except for ONE close friend, one time. It was actually kind of cool. We returned from a rave to my apt to chill and mellow out the E we took. I went upstairs to change clothes and decided to put one on then went back down. We just chilled for a bit when he decided to question me about the sound he heard whenever I walked. I just told him that it was "something I do from time to time". I lifted my shirt and lowered the top of my shorts about 2". He was alright with it, asked a few more questions and that was it. He never brought it up again and never acted wierd after. So "score" I guess lol.

hunter1070

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I had a few knee surgeries and they knew I was wearing for incontinence problems. While preparing for surgery they kept asking if I was ok down there. But the worst part, I was wearing a open back gown. They kept opening and looking. I was ok with it but it was very weird being in a room with at least 10 or more people in there and im lying there with a diaper in plain view.

blablafreckenlover

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I honestly don't know for sure the only person that has ever seen me in a diaper is mom and she walked in on me. I was super embarrassed and scared then but I feel like that was a special circumstance. If a roommate or friend saw it would be different I might could get away with saying I'm incontinent and they'd probably be ok with it. Even if they knew it was for pleasure they'd probably be cool with it as long as I don't flaunt it around them not sure if I'd be embarrassed by it or not.

kerry

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
Husband and adult children have all seen me. (I don't parade around but shit happens.) I don't care; everyone knows I am IC, so whatever. I do have concerns about friends of the kids though: not that they'll see me per se but that they'll see the diapers. The diapers are fully visible in my bedroom (no place else to put them, really), and my daughter is always taking people in there to introduce them to my cats (who hang out on my bed). And then there is the trash: a wet diaper is a large thing, and unless it is near the bottom of the trash can it is rather noticeable. So there's that. I mean, if someone saw, I wouldn't care that much, but it is a thing I think about...

nezquic66

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Embarrassed. I'm closeted though. I get paranoid if I get stared at when I wear. I've had something said to me a time or two before. Once was buying when part of my diaper stuck out of my shirt. A man in his late twenties I'd guess said something to me. Luckily, he was IC.

Lakota86

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Other
It doesn't bother me a bit, considering I live with the two most amazing people who let me be myself. :) I love feeling little!

Dan09

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I'd rather no one see me with one on frankly. I try and avoid situations where I could possibly be noticed, but if the dice fall that way...that's life I suppose. I simply do my best to be respectful to others, while also not getting so worked up over being seen with a diaper on as to freak myself out.

As far as I know, there's only two people in my life that I'm around regularly that know I have diapers. One of them is a cousin who has plainly told me she doesn't mind if I happen to be wearing one while she's around (I don't usually, but regardless). The other hasn't said anything, but I'd bet she would not approve of me being in one in a noticeable way. She knows about the diapers, but is far from 'supportive' when it comes to them.

gnd567

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I've been seen a few times by my mother.
- First time was at 3am in the ER when I got shots for pain, vomiting and a steroid shot. These were for my massive migraine. I didn't plan on going to the ER in a diaper but I had to go and I had just put on a fresh M4 about 45 mins before and didn't want to waste it so I kept it on. Anyway, instead of instructing me to pull down my pants for the shots, she just yanked my pants down and I was completely exposed.
-She's also walked in on me changing once and twice when I didn't have pants on.
She has never said a single word about it but it still is very embarrassing. I don't want anyone else to find out if I can help it.

ptrick

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
The first time wife saw me I was embarrassed but she knows I dibble in my underwear and being diabetic, one knows how urine smells. So I talked to my doctor I told him about my problem told him I was going to start wearing, he said I could use gaurds but I told him I was going to use the adult diapers and after discussing it with my wife we went with adult diapers. That was 2 years ago. My doctor has seen me in a diaper and has said nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.