How do you dispose of your diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jettour

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
How do you dispose of your diapers? I love to watch my wet diapers fill up the little garbage can in my room. I take them out every couple days but go through as many as 8 diapers per day. To take them out, I bag them and take them to work and throw them away there so my family doesn’t see them. I love looking at a bunch of wet diapers filling my garbage can- curious to see how you guys dispose of yours!

Reactions: Pamper8824, NorthwestDiaperDude, BiBoyDustin and 2 others
I use disposal bags like this: https://www.northshorecare.com/inco...-pails/heaven-scent-extra-large-disposal-bags which not only help with odor control, but provide a bit of privacy with diapers as the bags are opaque (this doesn't work as well with all over printed diapers) and then just throw them in my m trash can.

As a bonus, these bags work GREAT for cat litter too. I tried a diaper pail for awhile, but it was more work than it was worth for the at max 2 diapers a day I use.

Reactions: LonelyFOX, NorthwestDiaperDude and David00
i have a diaper pail where I put my wet cloth diapers in until I ready to do my diaper laundry twice a week. I was my rubber pants in the shower and hang them out to dry.

Reactions: PNW509Little
I only wear occasionally so I normally don't have more than two or three for the week.

All I do is wrap the diaper in itself and put it into the kitchen trash can. The kitchen trash can is emptied once a week.

Reactions: GoodNitesBoy98 and chamberpot
Arm and Hammer diaper disposal bags, then toss them in the garbage can.
If you're using up to 8 diapers a day and not disposing of them daily, how does the smell not give you away?

Reactions: chrischrischris
I wear disposables, wet diapers get wrapped up with the diaper tapes holding it together, messy diapers get the same thing but are also put in a plastic bag, all diapers go into the garbage can with liner in the garage and the can is emptied once a week whether its full or not.
Please keep in mind, my situation is different then others, its just my wife and myself that live in the house and I wear my diapers openly so there is no need to hide new or used ones here.

Reactions: chamberpot
In doggie poop bags in my closet and then I sneak out into outside garbage on garbage day early morning .... we only have one tiny bag of garbage a Week so can’t put out until then. I also sneak a few in when I dump one litter box since it’s the non clumping pellets - can still see A little on bottom but if I immediately take out, no one knows. Sometimes I put bag into neighbours can if I have used a lot and getting smelly. I can smell them after a few days, less in hot weather

Green N Pack or Sassy brand diaper sacks, and put them in the garage trash can until trash day.

I will admit, this is one of my weaknesses. I am bad about putting things off until later if they’re too inconvenient at the time, but usually I end up forgetting about it.

I can’t just toss my diapers into the trash, because I have to actually go out of my way to take care of them due to family members who will snoop and find them. I’ll keep a diaper around for a little while before I can dispose of it properly, but usually it gets dug out before I can take precautions to do it safely.

I usually bag them up into plastic liners, which aren’t opaque which makes it harder, so I will usually cover them up in a more private outdoor trash can to avoid them being seen as much as possible. If any of my diapers are seen, then I get shamed and yelled at.

I put my wet/soiled cloth diapers in my diaper pail after I use them. Usually wash them once a week.

• Wow
Reactions: EcoIncon
I have two AKORD disposable diaper pails (1 in each bathroom) and 1 sealed cloth diaper bin (upstairs bathroom). Disposables go in the sealed pails and get emptied on trash day. The cloth diaper pail gets washed Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

In the rare case disposables are soiled, I double bag in Heaven Scent Extra Large Disposal Bags before I throw into the Akord pail. If cloth is soiled, I rinse in toilet and then soak it immediately.

Reactions: Jim100 and DiaperDiva
chuck said:
I put my wet/soiled cloth diapers in my diaper pail after I use them. Usually wash them once a week.
Totally intruiged... How do you get away with washing once a week??? Two days and mine stink to high heaven even if just wet. do you use a wet pail? How many diapers do you have to only wash once a week?

I use a dekor plus diaper pail its really convenient.

Reactions: PNW509Little
In a black plastic diaper disposal bag then in the rubbish bin

I double bag mine. Not because of the smell---- Years ago the trash truck came did it's job like normal...except the bag I had diapers in split and one ended up being left on the curb.

• Wow
Reactions: Sheepies
I put my disposable diapers in a plastic grocery bag and tie the bag real tight and then just throw it in the garbage in the garage. We have cats so I don’t worry about the smell. This morning I went to throw it away and the garbage can was filled with styrofoam. Almost overfilling the can. I stayed calm and just moved a lot of the styrofoam around so I could hide the bag pretty deeply and then I just covered it up again with the rest of the Styrofoam. But because of that I will not be able to wear again until the garbage gets picked up.

Last edited:
quartz200420012 said:
I double bag mine. Not because of the smell---- Years ago the trash truck came did it's job like normal...except the bag I had diapers in split and one ended up being left on the curb.
Epic. I can only imagine the sense of horror that filled your mind when you saw that. (I also doubt that the neighbors would look at it and immediately figure out what it was)

• Haha
Reactions: KrankyPants
Since I wear dry ties and I go through a lot of them, if I’m running low on space if I missed black bin day, I will open up all of the nappy bags that I sealed for the dry nites, fill a sink or bath, completely soak them all, and the filling inside the nappy can be flushed (It’s like a thin gel when drenched, so I assume that’s okay?).

I then get the outer parts of the drynites, leave them on a radiator if i have the house to myself but more often than not I will just fold them all together and distribute it between one or two nappy bags. Makes disposal easier, takes a bit of time though and can smell if disposing of nappies older than a week.

I roll mine up and secure with the tapes and put in the outside bin but make sure it’s pushed down underneath other rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back