How do you conceal your diaper from your spouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NW47guy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
My wife knows I'm IC. She also knew when we met that I was a DL and thought I'd outgrow it, I didn't. Then 5 years ago I became IC, she understood and supports, most nights asking me if I have my protection on. I always answer her. Even so, I feel embarrassed when wearing diapers and plastic pants. For home time evenings I wear night shirts, like they wore during the pioneer days, they were hard to find online. Nightshirts mask or obscure any outline of a bulging diaper, for me it's the perfect solution since the diaper now no longer is shown in any way. Mens lines of night shirts are boresville, for fun bright prints and colors, women's lines provide them. I have looney tunes, zebra, pinicolada, leopard, all kinds of fun bright nightshirts I wear nightly. I don't worry about sweat pants with diaper bulges now, the nightshirts work for me. What works for you?

There are some things you either have to work out or partners need to accept. Otherwise you can't really be partners... its about give and take... if you have developed incontinence that falls under the line "in sickness and in health" if she can't accept it then perhaps you need to be talking with a marriage councilor or at least you might need trying some meds (give and take)... that said you shouldn't be pushing it in her face as to make her uncomfortable, just what you need to keep the bed dry and your pants. If you need it for more then just to keep the sheets dry you need to talk with her about it, its unhealthy for you to bottle it up and it not going to keep the relationship going if your hurting your own happiness.

My spouse knows I wear diapers and she will change me and dress me whenever I need her help. She knew I was IC from the beginning of our relationship

I've never had to conceal my nappies from my wife. It was my wife that suggested I wore them when I started bedwetting again.

NW47guy said:
For home time evenings I wear night shirts, ......
for me it's the perfect solution since the diaper now no longer is shown in any way.
Mens lines of night shirts are boresville, for fun bright prints and colors, women's lines provide them.

Interesting :)
Sorry, but I'm actually more curious about who's idea wearing nightshirts (Women's nightgowns) was & how your wife took it?

To answer your question thou, I do not really try to conceal them, I need them, so I wear them. :)
What I wear to bed depends on my mood, how I'm feeling atm and the weather of course, lol.
I have nightshirts, chemises, cotton & silky (nylon) PJS & cami/tap pant/short sets.
annddd some less then adult, or women's, PJs too, like footed blanket sleepers, girlish baby doll tops & oversized guy flannel shirts.
Yes I am a clothes whore, lol, accepting your addiction is the first step is it not? :p

But seriously thou, obviously some of that stuff does a better job of covering my butt then others but I just really don't care anymore.
I'm more concerned about being comfortable, or cute, lol, then hiding anything.

As this is the Incontinence forum I can see no reason why anyone would try to hide their diaper from their spouse or significant other.

I wear a nightshirt and in warm weather only a onesie. A nightshirt is a practical night garment for someone who wears adult diapers. The onesie helps keep the diaper from slipping during the night (I tend to move around a lot at night).

--John

I see no reason why to conceal your diaper from your spouse.I never did with my ex and now my new g/f i told her upfront i wear on our 1st date. No biggie she said.

I don't even try. Amusingly sometimes she can't tell if I'm wearing or not. She'll sometimes ask if I'm wearing "big boy pants." An amusing chat the otherday:

Are you wearing big boy pants?
Um...no.
Diaper?
No.
What?
Big girl panties?
OK.

Confusing this is I have a pair of training pants that have "Big Boy Pants" embroidered on them.

My wife bought me a relatively short night shirt to wear when I had shingles. It was more comfortable. It tends to show my diaper when I'm in bed and she doesn't mind. My brother in law, who's odd anyway, bought me women's footed jammies from Penny's for a Christmas present. He asked my wife before he bought them and she was eager to say yes, her little joke on me. I of course, love them and and wearing them now. They're Cookie Monster designed with Cookie Monster on the top part. She also bought me a Donald Duck onsie from Ebay, so she's very accepting and supportive.

I have to agree with others from above that since you are incontinent, your wife should be supportive. I think you both just need some time to get used to the facet that you need to wear diapers. After awhile, neither one of you will think that much about it, other than you'll enjoy being in diapers, like the rest of us would.

I don't. I'm pretty thoroughly incontinent so I just have to be straight up about my diapers.

Kaliborio said:
I don't. I'm pretty thoroughly incontinent so I just have to be straight up about my diapers.
Same here. I don't flaunt them but don't hide them either. My family and friends all know I am incontinent and wear nappies.

Jamieboy said:
I don't. But, I do conceal it from others... Mountain T-shirts.

https://www.themountain.com/

GOOD CHOICE OF SHIRTS!!

I live near the actual mountain the company is alluding too, its one of my favorite places in the world actually.

I don't hide things from my wife. And actually most nights I lounge around the house in just my diaper and a tee shirt, which she doesn't mind in the least

can't hide mine. I wet the bed every night. I manage it with diapers. No way to hide that and no way to hide the case or two of diapers that come in the "mail" every so often and take up so much closet space.

I kind of go back and forth between diapers and pullups during the day. No way to hide it.

NW47guy said:
For home time evenings I wear night shirts, like they wore during the pioneer days, they were hard to find online. Nightshirts mask or obscure any outline of a bulging diaper, for me it's the perfect solution since the diaper now no longer is shown in any way. Mens lines of night shirts are boresville, for fun bright prints and colors, women's lines provide them.

I'll repeat, anyone needing a day/night cover up, you need to check out the line of shirts at Mountain Shirts... I wear them during the day, un-tucked, and they almost cover my behind, at least obscuring the contours of my jeans enough that nobody questions what I'm wearing below. I don't wear them at night because my wife is ok with me just wearing my diaper, sometimes with a muscle tee, other times not.

If you can't find something cute at Mountain T-Shirts, me doth thinks thee protests too much...

BTW, these are high quality t-shirts, with silkscreen images (not iron ons...), that fit great, and don't have much shrinkage during the wash.

https://www.themountain.com/

I generally just wear boxers or sweatpants over my diaper around the house with my SO. Sometimes it is just the diaper and a t-shirt, but mostly only when I am dry. I know he doesn't care if I am in just a diaper, but I feel weird about letting him see that my diaper is wet. He knows I am incontinent, and of course my diaper will be wet most of the time, but there is just that element of... grossness? I guess... that makes me not want him to see that my diaper is wet.

Funny story, actually, the other night we were in bed and he was getting a bit frisky and when he felt the wet part of my diaper he was like, 'what do you have in there?' Because he had not previously felt a wet diaper and was confused. I thought it was pretty funny, and just explained to him that that is what the material does when wet- sort of clumps up and feels squishy. I really do not let him see my diaper wet, except maybe when I first get out of bed in the morning.

Out and about on a daily basis, I just wear boxer briefs over my diaper and comfortable pants, and no one can tell I am wearing a diaper even if they were looking for one. I also wear shirts that are a bit big on me so that they are longer, and when the weather permits I wear big sweaters. I can only sleep with the temperature just right, so I just wear a diaper and t-shirt to bed, most of the time I don't even have a blanket. I don't wear plastic pants and I am not too concerned about it because the only time my diaper leaked in bed was when I was laying on my stomach using my computer. I always sleep on my back. Also, the cover we have on our mattress has proven itself to be very trustworthy when it comes to leaks.

I like to be free in my house and to be all natural, a no-judgement zone. I totally understand you not wanting your wife to see your diapers, but perhaps you are feeling a bit of shame? Like, you don't want her to see them at all because you feel like she judges you for being incontinent? I don't know you or your life, but it just raises a red flag for me, and I think if I were going out of my way to hide my diapers from my SO that there is something in our relationship we need to work on.

When I first became incontinent I was in very bad health and needed a lot of assistance, so even my young children saw me in diapers (never being changed). My wife even took the kids out to pick flannel patterns so she could sew cloth diapers for me. They were quite excited to tell me which pattern they picked out when new diapers were presented. As my health recovered, but not my continence, I used the same discretion regarding diapers as I would towards underwear... if it doesn't need to be seen, then make sure it isn't seen. In the context of the bedroom, my wife never had an issue with seeing me change or wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back