How do manufacturers feel about us?

Covered

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I sometimes wonder about the medical brands who produce adult nappies (diapers). They must know we exist, right..? How big a piece of their profits come from us? How do they feel about us? I definitely think some brands are targeting us, such as Northshore who do different colours and patterns. BetterDry and Crinklz are the same outfit.

And what about UK outlet Nappies R Us (NRU)? I know they have an almost identical website called Incoshop that targets incontinent people and their carers, but which came first? Were they an ABDL shop that wanted to shift a surplus of medical brands, or were they a medical supply firm who spotted a gap in the market?

remington1911

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When it comes down to it, I'm sure a sale is a sale, be it a DL, or someone that needs them out of necessity. I'm sure the shops tailored for the DL sees it differently.

Reactions: Jamas and HieronymusSquash

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
A business sells stuff to make money so a sale is a sale

Reactions: BabyTweetyBird

Covered

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
parcelboy2 said:
A business sells stuff to make money so a sale is a sale

Not necessarily, they may have reputational concerns. For instance a hotel will happily rent you a room right up until you try to bring a prostitute back, then they would worry about their image.

Reactions: Jorelaxed

Lostboy123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I can't see brands like tena who have adverts on TV targeting us on a TV ad any time soon. But I'm sure they know we exist and will buy their products.

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Some regular online IC websites are now also catering to the AB/DL crowd. They've learned that "AB/DL" is a thing, and are also learning that those clients are willing to pay a premium to have babyish printed diapers etc.

Reactions: BabyTweetyBird and geka

Roland007

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I know people in the adult incontinence business. Their attitude is very simple, buy the product or not, but don't bother us. From a financial perspective, we are not significant.

Covered

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Roland007 said:
I know people in the adult incontinence business. Their attitude is very simple, buy the product or not, but don't bother us. From a financial perspective, we are not significant.
Yeah I thought so. "We'll take your money but stay tf back."

oldpppants

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I see some cross-over in online sales where you can buy obviously ab/dl diapers but also more conventional brands. I've bought from Carewell; I notice that although the package calls them "briefs" the web site calls them diapers.

Covered

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
oldpppants said:
I see some cross-over in online sales where you can buy obviously ab/dl diapers but also more conventional brands. I've bought from Carewell; I notice that although the package calls them "briefs" the web site calls them diapers.
In the UK, if it's for a baby, it's called a nappy, but if it's for adults, they are euphemistically termed 'incontinence pads'. And you hardly ever see them on supermarket shelves. But I notice in other countries, people are more likely to use the term diaper for both age groups, and will happily stack them up in supermarkets.

Lostboy123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Covered said:
In the UK, if it's for a baby, it's called a nappy, but if it's for adults, they are euphemistically termed 'incontinence pads'. And you hardly ever see them on supermarket shelves. But I notice in other countries, people are more likely to use the term diaper for both age groups, and will happily stack them up in supermarkets.
What supermarket do you go to. I live in the UK and pretty much everywhere sells tena alongside their own brand of adult nappies.

On not using the term 'nappy' for adult products I'd assume that's because it much be seen as something that could bring shame and 'incontinence pad' is a much more dignified term.

Covered

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Lostboy123 said:
What supermarket do you go to. I live in the UK and pretty much everywhere sells tena alongside their own brand of adult nappies.

On not using the term 'nappy' for adult products I'd assume that's because it much be seen as something that could bring shame and 'incontinence pad' is a much more dignified term.
They sell those Tena barely-even-a-nappy pants. They rarely sell anything more substantial like a slip. Other countries sell multiple brands and sizes of slips.

Lostboy123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Covered said:
They sell those Tena barely-even-a-nappy pants. They rarely sell anything more substantial like a slip. Other countries sell multiple brands and sizes of slips.
I do usually order mine on Amazon

Covered

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover

JustC

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Other
ABDL brands are going to hit a premium, supply and demand and all that. Cute prints only hit so many, and probably more DL's than those that are IC and need them.

Souly

The Forum Lurker :3
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Covered said:
I sometimes wonder about the medical brands who produce adult nappies (diapers). They must know we exist, right..? How big a piece of their profits come from us? How do they feel about us? I definitely think some brands are targeting us, such as Northshore who do different colours and patterns. BetterDry and Crinklz are the same outfit.

And what about UK outlet Nappies R Us (NRU)? I know they have an almost identical website called Incoshop that targets incontinent people and their carers, but which came first? Were they an ABDL shop that wanted to shift a surplus of medical brands, or were they a medical supply firm who spotted a gap in the market?
I don't think they really care about us one way or another.

on one hand we probably make up a decent chunk of their business model especially when you consider that DL's will likely buy for a lot longer than say the elderly or those who are temporally impaired

but on the other hand specifically catering to us would be a huge hit to their business since a lot of people see us as fetishist's and as we all know from sites like tumbler, investors really don't like the idea of supporting a sex store since its bad for business.

some stores also hit the middle mark, like northshore who are kinda in that grey area of selling to both sides. A "normal person" would look at that pink diaper and say "oh cute they have different color diapers. " while we would look at it and know its clearly marketed towards us.

Its weird, but I'm sure they don't hate us since at the end of the day money is money.

Reactions: abdl86

DloverUK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Covered said:
Not necessarily, they may have reputational concerns. For instance a hotel will happily rent you a room right up until you try to bring a prostitute back, then they would worry about their image.

This is going off-topic a little, but hotels really don't care about that.

woolyDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Covered said:
I

And what about UK outlet Nappies R Us (NRU)? I know they have an almost identical website called Incoshop that targets incontinent people and their carers, but which came first?
Inco shop came first;I remember standing in the sales office before they even had a counter whilst one of the office staff packaged up some super plus samples for me.

Covered

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
DloverUK said:
This is going off-topic a little, but hotels really don't care about that.
Yes they do. Most hotels have a 'no bringing back guests' rule.

Teddy02

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I do think they like having us around. Nappies-r-us in the UK started as Incontinence Shop and saw another opening in the market. They keep them separate as the inco folk don’t (necessarily) want to be associated/tainted by us. The problem is that a lot of inco people also like wearing ABDL nappies as they are more efficient, if a little less discrete. Judging by the containers of nappies, both inco and ABDL, that I have seen pictures of, we are certainly of value. Personally, I wear mostly my home made terry nappies and plastic pants, but I love the new disposables and I don’t want to wear ‘medical’ white ones as it points out that I have a medical problem. Now I have had teh prostate operation I am incontinent and still prefer the coloured variety.