Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I hate swearing with a passion, It sounds disgusting and a little girl shouldn't swear.

The thing is my family that I grew up around swore and used vulgar language. My college is full of idiots that swear their heads off and I am actually picking it up and it's making me swear and I don't want to swear !

How can I stop it for once and for all?

Damned if I know. ;) :)

Use substitutes.

Damn = Dash
Fucking = Friendly / flipping / flaming
Shit = shoot / sugar
C*nt = crikey / silly billy

Hey that sounds better than the swear words. Though I gotta make sure I don't sound silly

I actually swear way to much as well. Sometimes it just "drops". To help stop this, perhaps a small reward system for not swearing is in the cards? Plus, this will help feed your little girl side.

You can defuzes it make up a specail word mabey a funny one use that one for your swearing word not only will it defuze the stress but also change it into some thing to change the mood.
Oh purple glue or fiddle sticks.

ugh swearing may be frowned upon by some people. How ever I use it because its just part of my vocab. As long as I am not using it in a negative way I see it as being fine. As long as you are not in a house with kids or by other peoples kids. How ever in stores and stuff its free reign for me. My dad is the same way.

dlissexy said:
Use substitutes.

Damn = Dash

What?! "Damn" isn't a swearword! :-D

Ho Beep!

And Beep. The Beep. As it is al load of Beeping Beep.

There glad I got that off my chest.

Hee, hee

When i in full Little head space I don't say much. And I really have to think what I need to say and who or it comes out all wrong. Pluss remembering my please and thank yous helps because nobody likes Mr rudey pants.

Pluss you can get further with people when you are polite.

I think this comes down to practice...practice...practice and trying not to listen to it in the first place.

I seem to remember reading that you stated previously that you have turned off the TV or switch channels when you heard too many bad words, so you are on the right track.

Of course, this isn't always possible. I attended boot camp for 8 weeks or so and the Drill Sergeants swear like there was no tomorrow. I do swear but not like that.

Basically: avoid where possible and try to tune-out if you can't avoid.

I've kicked some swearing habits that I picked up from hanging around with the wrong crowd of people before. You tend to swear more when with certain people or in certain situations. Really what it comes down to is being more cautious and careful about what you say. Think before you speak and over time you'll get used to using less swears.

I've been a little naughty lately, so I'm in the process of fixing that again. Also I find it really funny when people use non-swears like "aw heck" and "frick."
Sounds silly, but what if I want to sound silly?

Best wishes.
Warm fricks.

Do a swear jar. It doesn't even have to be other people catching you, you can just add to it whenever you catch yourself swearing. Doesn't have to be a jar either, but the point is that you have to pay a little bit of money that you can't use for a while every time you swear, and you can only spend the jar when you haven't put anything new into it for, I dunno, a couple weeks maybe. The point is to do something that will force you to be conscious of your language and make you feel bad right when it happens.

I find it hard to shut my mind off when somebody swears, I have trouble shutting everybody's conversation from me let alone shutting my mind off a few words.

I am not sure if Asperger's has anything to do with this

tiny said:

"damn" refers to damning someone or something to Hell. Its not very nice.

Well,

I can only say, good luck!

I myself swear all the time nowadays...even worse since I started full time in music back in 09...way worse!

Rock and Roll! :)

Seriously I bet not one conversation has went on without at last a few swear words!

People I've known since I was a child have noticed, albeit there are only a couple family I still keep in touch with...

You could try quite literally biting your tongue every time you swear (though not too hard to cause bleeding). Eventually you'll remember the pain and stop swearing automatically.

Or, you could just learn that swearing isn't so bad and just keep doing it. After all, "colorful metaphors" greatly enhance our our ability to convey our emotional feelings to others. By not using them - when it's appropriate - you're purposely limiting your ability to communicate in a educated, adult, and fully articulated manner. When I come across someone who refuses to swear I can't help but think they are actively choosing to dumber than they should be.

dlissexy said:
"damn" refers to damning someone or something to Hell. Its not very nice.

Well, sure. Punching someone in the face isn't nice, but we don't call that swearing.

Ha-ha! I misread the subject as "How do I stop wearing?" and thought, "Shit! Not another fucked-up thread about quitting ABDL!" Good thing I straightened that out or my reply would have been way off.

tiny said:

Well, not outside of Utah, anyway. If you can buy beer on a Sunday, you're safe.

littlelodgewrecker said:
educate yourself in intellectual pursuits such that you may express yourself articulately and with eloquence..... (you won't need foul language to make your point)

On the other hand, learn how to swear with gusto, you motherf... :giggles: okay, okay; that's just unnecessary swearing. But sometimes it's useful to indicate your frustration or anger. :smile:

Apparently, people who swear more tend to have higher IQs and a larger vocabulary. I guess it requires intelligence to understand when it's socially appropriate to swear.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S038800011400151X
http://www.sciencealert.com/people-...vocabularies-than-those-who-don-t-study-finds
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...tay-awake-longer-and-swear-more-a7174256.html

And swearing also has an impressive effect on pain and endurance. So next time you stub your toe, or feel those muscles burn on your workout, shout obscenities at the top of your voice and you'll feel much better... :biggrin:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8147170.stm

I find swearing fascinating -- particularly the way that different cultures use swearing, and how the usage changes over time.

A common road name in English towns and cities in the Middle Ages was "Gropecunt Lane". Because that was where you could... well... yeah... Self-explanatory, I suppose.

Gropecunt Lane

And (despite unpopular attempts by the council to rename it), an underpass named "Tickle Cock Bridge" still exists in Castleford.

Tickle Cock Bridge

Cottontail said:
Well, not outside of Utah, anyway. If you can buy beer on a Sunday, you're safe.

There are places that don't sell beer for a whole day... at the weekend... on the "day of rest"... :eek!:

Hang on... is this just a big scam by the churches to get people in for a big glug of communion wine? :tongueout:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back