How do I balance college and private life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KittyninjaW

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
  7. Other
Hello, everyone, the thing is I get stressed a lot in college and at the end of the day, all I want is just to relax, but sadly I have homework and studying to do, and it stresses me out and I have no time to enjoy anything fun.:( To be honest, This is really hard to think about, because One way, I lose and the other I lose. Anyway, long story short how do you balance college and fun stuff? because I really want to do better next semester, and this is something I need to know.

Brutal reality is that it's about priorities.

I'd say put school first, enjoy what time is left over at the end. 4 years (or whatever your program is) seems like an eternity, but it's really not, and given how much it costs you really should try to get the most value out of it.

That's not to say ignore the social aspects of university, a big part of the whole university thing for many is figuring out who you actually are. Experiment with the different social scenes, attend the various events and such.. you don't want to spend all your time at university studying, but I would personally tip the balance that way.

Try to force yourself to do both, by making a chart for exemple, every X hours of work you get Y minutes/hours of break to relax , and must take it =)

( And in a more Abdl vision, Put on a diaper when doing your homework, enjoy wetting it during your break and go back to your homework in a warm and squishy diapee =). )

Oh how I remember back when.

The journey of college is a large mountain.
The degree is the flag you plant on top when you make it.
The whole journey is a day by day adventure and should be taken as such.
The work load is the climb and the rest of the day is recovery.
The work is the climb of the day and the recovery is the time you have to rest on a level meadow that you camp on.
Set you priorities to do the class work that is needed first and the other time is to sleep and recuperate.
Keep the flag in the fore thought, but do not dwell on it.
Do what needs to be done to "live" for the day.

I do not remember where I heard that first, but I have heard it several times.
IT is hard to be young and want adventure, yet take care of the "adult" things at the same time.
Stay focused and make positives out of things when you can.

I took 6 years to get my degree and it was hard with a learning disability.

Good luck.

egor said:
Oh how I remember back when.

The journey of college is a large mountain.
The degree is the flag you plant on top when you make it.
The whole journey is a day by day adventure and should be taken as such.
The work load is the climb and the rest of the day is recovery.
The work is the climb of the day and the recovery is the time you have to rest on a level meadow that you camp on.
Set you priorities to do the class work that is needed first and the other time is to sleep and recuperate.
Keep the flag in the fore thought, but do not dwell on it.
Do what needs to be done to "live" for the day.

I do not remember where I heard that first, but I have heard it several times.
IT is hard to be young and want adventure, yet take care of the "adult" things at the same time.
Stay focused and make positives out of things when you can.

I took 6 years to get my degree and it was hard with a learning disability.

Good luck.

I like that, it's well written and represents college accurately. Except in my case, if I were part of that story it would include boulders rolling down from the top of the mountain trying to flatten me. And anyone majoring in something super-difficult like computer science isn't climbing a mountain; they're climbing an erupting volcano.

Anyway, Kittyninja what I do is take short breaks when I'm studying. Like if I'm doing homework, every now and then I'll take a few minutes to watch something funny on Youtube. That stops me from working too hard and burning out before I'm done, you just got to make sure you don't get carried away.

Typical college, you're only in class a few hours a day, so I did a lot of work in between those hours. Included with that was 4 hours of practicing organ every day as I was an organ performance major. I studied at night with my SO and we didn't do anything fun until after we felt we had done everything that needed to get done. To be honest, and I'm not suggesting that anyone do this, after study, we toked up, got high and listened to some music.

Usually, we only partied on Friday night. Saturday I went home because I had a student church/work near home, so I spent Saturday studying, and Saturday night watching the local monster movie. Sunday I worked and went back to school and the cycle started all over. I sort of enjoyed the cycle as at least it was a schedule and I do better with a schedule of predictable events. I was a music performance major at an east coast music conservatory.

KittyninjaW said:
Hello, everyone, the thing is I get stressed a lot in college and at the end of the day, all I want is just to relax, but sadly I have homework and studying to do, and it stresses me out and I have no time to enjoy anything fun.:( To be honest, This is really hard to think about, because One way, I lose and the other I lose. Anyway, long story short how do you balance college and fun stuff? because I really want to do better next semester, and this is something I need to know.

Hi KittyninjaW

You probably have heard this before. But scheduling is key and probably will be for your life not to be stressfull.
I would allso sergest that you keep task to about 5 a day. And maybe less if you got that essay to get in.

May be a chart with stars. You get to so Manny stars and you get to do something nice and fun.
Knowing that you get to do something once something is done is great.

I know it tough when all you really won't to do is suck your pacifier and watch cartoons. But with scheduling you will have time for that each day.

Hope that helps you.

Sisi

For me, I was the person who pretty much just did whatever I was planning on doing, and then procrastinating, and then doing the assignment at the last minute, and it worked fairly well for me as I almost never missed a deadline and while my GPA wasn't great and wouldn't have gotten me a PHD, it was good.

And while I certainly wasn't afraid to just take time off to do a certain thing I had planned, I also knew that there were times during heavy finals or during certain big projects that you just have to buckle down, and just study. I'd also recommend knowing how you study. For instance, I'm pretty bad at studying since I get distracted by nearly everything and am the kind of person who can make a 5 minute break last for 3 hours because one Wikipedia article leads to another, leading to a Youtube video, leading to Facebook, leading to some news article from your Newsfeed, and you don't even realize the time until you check your watch. I know people will say that that's shitty studying (it is), but I made it work for me by factoring a lot more time into studying, and also getting a lot less sleep than I should've, and I managed to graduate college. Now this is mainly what worked for me, which probably won't work for most people. All I can really say is know how you study, try and make it work, and if necessary, just force yourself to do it.

When I worked on my own bahcelor film, I was under a lot of stress because I had to do everything. Stuff like script, storyboard, animation, clean up, colour, background, editing. And I also had to write a report on the thing. In the beginning I didn't give any room for fun time or time to relax, and it slowly drained my energy to work on my movie. I found out that I worked better if I had one evening in the week where I did fun stuff. It kinda became my reward for the hard work, and something I looked forward to every week. Even though I had to work a little bit harder it felt more easier, because I was more motivated and I knew that there was going to be a break in the evening once a week.

Maybe you should take less classes, it worked for me. Less classes equals less coursework. Although it would take you longer to finish, however people go at different paces than others and that's ok. Let me know what you think.

All I really want to say is college is the last rung on the ladder before you spend the next 45 years working , make time for yourself and recreation because it only gets harder from here, good jobs with decent hours and pay are disappearing from the landscape,which means work hard but also play hard .

Don't regret the time you spent in college by not getting the best education you can, but do not work to your own detriment either,find the middle ground and balance hard work with hard play because if you don't find a balance you will emerge from school into the work force and be burned out all ready .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back